Soft balls

Is it not the match officials brief to make sure the balls are all regulation size & pressure?.
It possibly is but there’s nothing to stop them deflating them slightly after the check has been done. If it was only once or twice there was a problem then you would be inclined to let it slide, the fact that it has happened 3,4,5 times a match indicated that there is something going on.
Much like the recent rise in players going down with a head knock, it reeks of opposition clubs taking the opportunity to kill some time by manipulating the rules.

It possibly is but there’s nothing to stop them deflating them slightly after the check has been done. If it was only once or twice there was a problem then you would be inclined to let it slide, the fact that it has happened 3,4,5 times a match indicated that there is something going on.
Much like the recent rise in players going down with a head knock, it reeks of opposition clubs taking the opportunity to kill some time by manipulating the rules.
Spot on - we should highlight this to the ref and and make sure they check right before kick offs.

Should all be checked in preparation for the game on Sky. It’s so embarrassing as teams don’t do themselves any favours and it reflects on the league

Match Balls

G47
A new ball of FIFA first grade quality shall be used for each Official Match and:

G47.1 For so long as a ball or balls is/are provided by the League to any of theparticipating Clubs, each Home Club must ensure that (i) the ball(s) supplied is/arethe ball(s) used in Matches and (ii) shall have available for use if necessary a matchball and a sufficient number (being not less than two) of reserve balls, at least one ofwhich shall be an orange or yellow coloured ball.

G47.2 In all Scottish Premiership League Matches and Premiership/ChampionshipPlay-Off Matches, participating Clubs shall utilise a system of replacement balls (ormulti-ball), in accordance with Law 2.3 of the Laws of the Game and any guidanceissued by the Board, as amended or supplemented from time to time.

G47.3 Each Club entitled to play in the Championship, League One and League Two, shall notify the Secretary in writing, no later than 30 June prior to the commencement of each Season, if the Club intend to utilise a single match ball or a system of replacement balls (or multi-ball) in all League Matches, in accordance with Law 2.3 of the Laws of the Game and any guidance issued by the Board, as amended or supplemented from time to time. No Club entitled to play in the Championship, League One and League Two shall utilise a different ball replacement system than that notified to the Secretary without first obtaining the written approval of the Board.

Match Balls

G47
A new ball of FIFA first grade quality shall be used for each Official Match and:

G47.1 For so long as a ball or balls is/are provided by the League to any of theparticipating Clubs, each Home Club must ensure that (i) the ball(s) supplied is/arethe ball(s) used in Matches and (ii) shall have available for use if necessary a matchball and a sufficient number (being not less than two) of reserve balls, at least one ofwhich shall be an orange or yellow coloured ball.

G47.2 In all Scottish Premiership League Matches and Premiership/ChampionshipPlay-Off Matches, participating Clubs shall utilise a system of replacement balls (ormulti-ball), in accordance with Law 2.3 of the Laws of the Game and any guidanceissued by the Board, as amended or supplemented from time to time.

G47.3 Each Club entitled to play in the Championship, League One and League Two, shall notify the Secretary in writing, no later than 30 June prior to the commencement of each Season, if the Club intend to utilise a single match ball or a system of replacement balls (or multi-ball) in all League Matches, in accordance with Law 2.3 of the Laws of the Game and any guidance issued by the Board, as amended or supplemented from time to time. No Club entitled to play in the Championship, League One and League Two shall utilise a different ball replacement system than that notified to the Secretary without first obtaining the written approval of the Board.

Choice of Football to be Used

G80

The football proposed to be used in an Official Match and the replacement balls must be submitted to and approved by the Referee before the commencement of the match.

G81 In addition to the normal type of ball, an orange or yellow ball which complies in every respect with the requirements of the Laws of the Game shall be available for League Matches and Play-Off Matches.

G82 The selected ball must be used throughout the match unless otherwise determined by the Referee.

I was going to post a thread about this myself. something else that gives rises to questions of what is going on against our club ?.

I`m presuming slightly deflating the balls is to disadvantage us.

surely if the balls had to be replaced today, i`m sure they said at half time, then the St mirren should be sanctioned if they are the ones responsible for providing them.

Not too try and dent a conspriacy theory but I've been at/watched on TV at least 4 other SPFL games in the last month where this has been an issue in the past month or so. I was wondering if there has been an issue with a recent batch of match balls.

Two games in a row involving rangers
What a coincidence
Rangers should employ their own ball boys to take properly constituted balls to away grounds to nip this sort of malfeasance in the bud.

This properly slowed the game against Dundee down in the first half last week.

Rangers should employ their own ball boys to take properly constituted balls to away grounds to nip this sort of malfeasance in the bud.

Would you let opposition teams do that at Ibrox?

Would you be happy if the scum were allowed to do this?
They wanted to in 2003 in Kilmarnock and were told where to go.

What kind of advantage is it giving our opponents then to play with soft balls?

Just before I cry conspiracy, I want to know what they are conspiring to achieve.

Back