Sone Aluko retiring

AndySG

Didn’t realise he was still in the game but just announced his retirement. Was at Ipswich the last few years but only played once this season. Made a good career for himself and I thought he was good for us, even though I know his time with us ended on bad terms.

Think he was signed around November 2011 after Naismith got season ending injury. Turned out to be an excellent signing & scored a good few goals, none more important than against them.

will be remembered for two things. the already mentioned goal against celtc and being banned for a foul against him in the penalty box when there was clear tv evidence contact was made and the decision being upheld at an appeal.

Didn’t realise he was still in the game but just announced his retirement. Was at Ipswich the last few years but only played once this season. Made a good career for himself and I thought he was good for us, even though I know his time with us ended on bad terms.
I don't recall that?

He was fantastic when he played for us. Scored some belters. Everyone was skeptical about him at the time as he was at Aberdeen

Didn’t he refuse to transfer over or am I misremembering?
Ah yes, you are right. I always just think of the rats Whittaker and Naismith when remembering that whole saga.
Did Aluko get as much abuse as those 2 did, or did he slip under the radar?
We had an option to extend which he dodged despite us resurrecting his career, he was named amongst the others in prospectus.

Back