Article Spiers gets another journalist the sack

Thomson is never a journo,he is a pundit.
If he has any self respect he would give that piece of shit a right doing. His tv/media career has ended,nothing to lose now.

I don't think it was to do with Smelly.

I remember Maguire boldly boast on Snyde that SAF and SWS would vote Lhabour. I think he had some backward reason to back this up rather than insider knowledge. This must have been days or weeks before an election.

Of course, many FFers reported him.

It was smelly that caused that - it was the day of an election - the polls were open. Smelly asked PM if he had voted. PM said - we arent allowed to talk about that - SMELLY said - yes we are. I have just voted and he proceeded to tell PM. Pm then said he voted Labour. Smelly then said - who do you think SWS voted for and they both agreed Labour.

IPSO upheld the complaint and PM left Clyde.

All CAUSED BY SMELLY. Don't be in any doubt about that mate.... it was him. He leaves a trail of destruction in his path - all driven by an ego that is larger than his tiny little frame.

Last edited:
You're missing the point.

In the scheme of things, Spiers is by far the most evil of two evils.

In a normal country/industry Spiers should have gotten the sack and the opprobrium of his colleagues.
Thommo was nieve to speak to him on the record, he's a pish stained slug.
Rather surprised the Times took him back a couple of years ago. He does not do any reporting, Micheal grant does that and his column is usually guff.

I don't think it was to do with Smelly.

I remember Maguire boldly boast on Snyde that SAF and SWS would vote Lhabour. I think he had some backward reason to back this up rather than insider knowledge. This must have been days or weeks before an election.

Of course, many FFers reported him.

It was one guy that went after him hammer 'n tongs. KAB doesn't miss a trick. If he couldn't get him off the air waves through his bias he got him on his political leanings.

:p

If Steven Thompson is a 'journalist' then I'm Kelly Brook's dildo. (actually I wouldn't mind that)

Spiers is Spiers - a despicable c.unt. We all know that. But Thompson is also a f.ucking arse. All these idiots are welcome to each other.

"Journalist" ffs !!
Totally agree your comment re Thompson. The story when he left Rangers was that he told Walter he couldn't do extra training one afternoon because he had a guitar lesson. Out the door soon after.

You're missing the point.

In the scheme of things, Spiers is by far the most evil of two evils.

In a normal country/industry Spiers should have gotten the sack and the opprobrium of his colleagues.

In most industries men like Piers Morgan and Graham Spiers - who has always struck me as wishing he was Morgan - would be seen as pariahs and be fortunate to even be on the fringes of the industry. With the media they basically suffer no real consequences and, with their knowledge of spin and how 'the game is played,' get to reinvent themselves and continue with their antics.

No sympathy for Thompson from me.

Shows little or no regard for our club and support despite being extremely fortunate to play for us.

You dance with the devil... and that's exactly what he does by working at the anti-Rangers BBC and cosying up to cretins like Spiers.
Not sure I agree with that. I’ve generally found him to be grateful for pulling on the blue jersey. He’s been naive here and paid the price.

Not sure I agree with that. I’ve generally found him to be grateful for pulling on the blue jersey. He’s been naive here and paid the price.

The big lispy haddie said our manager 'lacked a bit of class' after the first fixture this season. He's not openly a friend or favourable to us.

In fact, quite the opposite, he sits week to week taking part on a show that shows selective negative editing of our games.

Wow. The discredited journalist strikes again.

Me me me me. What a pathetic egotistical little wank.

He got Peter Martin sacked when he asked him live on radio Clyde how he had voted.

He got the hag the sack when she stood up for his 'i never apologised' routine.

He is poison. But look at his victims FFS.
Looked very very nervous there when Chris was talking :D

Looked very very nervous there when Chris was talking :D

It's an antic-disposition Stu.

He's a shallow creep that Chris didn't even have to try to discredit. He owned him effortlessly. ;)

To those suggesting physical retribution, wake up. The discredited one has logins for FF and would love nothing more than to join the hag as a professional victim.

He's a shallow creep that Chris didn't even have to try to discredit. He owned him effortlessly. ;)

To those suggesting physical retribution, wake up. The discredited one has logins for FF and would love nothing more than to join the hag as a professional victim.

He’s mental ray isn’t he:D

Speirsy is not a happy soul...far from it.....football does get him a salary and other freebies.

But he is conflicted and self loathing and has been so for many years.

Football and its web of deceit and the 'religiousity' and other shoite of that goes with it does not sit well with him.

He is uncomfortable when grilled on his views,particulary his privately aired ones with his sellick supporting left wing 'highbrow' chummies who get stints on BBC outlets.

Steven and him should go for a game of tennis,much more enjoyable for them both.

Speirsy is not a happy soul...far from it.....football does get him a salary and other freebies.

But he is conflicted and self loathing and has been so for many years.

Football and its web of deceit and the 'religiousity' and other shoite of that goes with it does not sit well with him.

He is uncomfortable when grilled on his views,particulary his privately aired ones with his sellick supporting left wing 'highbrow' chummies who get stints on BBC outlets.

Steven and him should go for a game of tennis,much more enjoyable for them both.
Seems to me there is something suppressed about him, a sort of latency which causes all these clanging contradictions and bitterness.

If anything this should isolate Spiers even more once it becomes widely known what he has done to Thompson. Which should in turn lead to even fewer people wanting to have anything to do with him which hopefully will lead to him becoming even more irrelevant. Well here’s hoping!

His track record would suggest he would indeed be on here stirring it, including making proxy threats of violence. He's a very odd sort.

I'll get this out the way up front. I personally know Stevie.

I questioned him giving the interview to Spiers and was perturbed that he had given it in the first place, but I wouldn't put it past that odious wee prick to have deliberately used Thompson to get back at the Herald in some way through careful manipulation of words used during the interview. I haven't spoken to Stevie since it was published, but I would imagine that he deeply regrets it now.

He gets a lot of stick on here and in some cases it is merited, but I can assure everyone that he wants Rangers to win, do well and succeed.

Spiers is the lowest of the low.

Edit.

And despite what a lot of people on here may think, Spiers gets back at the Herald and sullies the reputation of someone who is perceived by football fans at large as being Rangers minded.

Last edited:
I'll get this out the way up front. I personally know Stevie.

I questioned him giving the interview to Spiers and was perturbed that he had given it in the first place, but I wouldn't put it past that odious wee prick to have deliberately used Thompson to get back at the Herald in some way through careful manipulation of words used during the interview. I haven't spoken to Stevie since it was published, but I would imagine that he deeply regrets it now.

He gets a lot of stick on here and in some cases it is merited, but I can assure everyone that he wants Rangers to win, do well and succeed.

Spiers is the lowest of the low.

Edit.

And despite what a lot of people on here may think, Spiers gets back at the Herald and sullies the reputation of someone who is perceived by football fans at large as being Rangers minded.

I chose your viewpoint over smellys any day of the week fellow Bear.

Seems to me there is something suppressed about him, a sort of latency which causes all these clanging contradictions and bitterness.
Rejected by dad, little Graham's admiration for his Presbyterian father wasn't returned - no word of affection. But mumsie...herein lies the visceral object of Oedipal guilt; Graham's original sin, his private shame. Bad boy, Graham. Dirty boy, Graham. Shhhh, mumsie.

Last edited:
Rejected by dad, little Graham's admiration for his Presbyterian father wasn't returned - no word of affection. But mumsie...herein lies the visceral object of Oedipal guilt; Graham's original sin, his private shame. Bad boy, Graham. Dirty boy, Graham. Shhhh, mumsie.

image.jpg

Back