Spine of the team for next season

Shows we need serious investment in the team, which i dont think we have unless we get some saudi money for tav n goldson

Butland
CB?
Diomande
Dessers/Danilo

Thats not great or am i missing something
ec057cc4b798e9a20970988615d82bab.gif

We obviously don't know but but it needs urgent attention.

It killed us this season, a spine, and group who played most games, of Souttar, Lundstram and Dessers is never winning a league.

On the basis that he should be part of the spine of our team for next season
He's done well. But well enough to be considered integral?
Part of the spine in what position? He hasn't actually nailed down any position under either manager this season. I think a few will be saddened that he is going to be an Ian Murray type for us, he will plug gaps in the team and get plenty of games. But he won't be a starter every week IMO.

He hasn't nailed down a spot yet, he's always missing games due to niggles. To be fair he'd be first choice RB for me next season so he would certainly be in the core of the team for next season. I'm guessing you want him played CM which I just don't think Clement is going to do,.and theory doesn't have a lot of basis as he's played there about 5 times in his career.

He's done well. But well enough to be considered integral?
Part of the spine in what position? He hasn't actually nailed down any position under either manager this season. I think a few will be saddened that he is going to be an Ian Murray type for us, he will plug gaps in the team and get plenty of games. But he won't be a starter every week IMO.
I think he's good enough to start at RB or in our midfield. I think our injuries have been a big factor in where he has been played at times as well. He did say in an interview recently that his best position is midfield and that's what he prefers. Time will tell I guess,

I think he's good enough to start at RB or in our midfield. I think our injuries have been a big factor in where he has been played at times as well. He did say in an interview recently that his best position is midfield and that's what he prefers. Time will tell I guess,
I would think we will be upgrading all positions of the team, if he's good enough he will play. If not he won't. But calls last week from people on FF for him to take the armband are ridiculous

Definitely RB back mate, I'd be making him first choice and moving Tav on. I don't see anywhere near enough evidence of him being a first pick in CM he's played about 5 times there in his career in a crisis and Clement hasn't played him there since. If we need a MF rebuild (and we do) sign actual midfielders to play there imo.

It might've been covered in another thread but are we obliged to pay £4-4.5m for Diomande? If so I'm not 100% sure it's value for money tbh. Flatters to deceive a lot of the time.

It might've been covered in another thread but are we obliged to pay £4-4.5m for Diomande? If so I'm not 100% sure it's value for money tbh. Flatters to deceive a lot of the time.

Hopefully we can see Diomande shine next season beside someone who will compliment his style. Lundstram and him weren’t the best of styles to compliment each other

Hopefully we can see Diomande shine next season beside someone who will compliment his style. Lundstram and him weren’t the best of styles to compliment each other

I'm struggling to see what his strengths are though? Is he a sitting midfielder? Box to box? Creative?

A lot of the time he just kinda drifts through games without making an impression.

I'm struggling to see what his strengths are though? Is he a sitting midfielder? Box to box? Creative?

A lot of the time he just kinda drifts through games without making an impression.

Totally agree. We will find out next season tho, there must be a plan in place for it

I agree. He is a good player however some on here rate him higher than he really is.

Back