Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Watching their goal again think it's harsh to blame Butland too much.

Great header right into the corner that the guy shouldn't be allowed to have made.

Like McGregor before him just because he pulls off spectacular saves that other goalies wouldn't we expect it every time, unfortunately that's not the real world.
It clearly skids off the grass not JB’s fault at all.

Seems the manager got us into a mess, by having the audacity of bringing us back into a title race and for that the knives are being sharpened already.

He can barely put out a team he would like to play each week, due to long term injuries , but let's start on him. Keep bullying managers out the door and this will be never ending. I don't know what players you expect to come in for 4 or 5 million, but there will be no Richard Goughs, Terry Butchers and the like for that kind of money these days.

there are no Richard Gough or Terry Butcher type defenders these days.

Butcher type defenders would spend half their game time suspended.

Graham Roberts another.

Seems the manager got us into a mess, by having the audacity of bringing us back into a title race and for that the knives are being sharpened already.

He can barely put out a team he would like to play each week, due to long term injuries , but let's start on him. Keep bullying managers out the door and this will be never ending. I don't know what players you expect to come in for 4 or 5 million, but there will be no Richard Goughs, Terry Butchers and the like for that kind of money these days.
Exactly what happened to GvB and look how that went for us! We brought in Mick fucking Beale!!

Predictably shite, I was going to ask do these players even care but I think for most of them we know the answer already

Apparently Dio would make the difference when he came back. He’s been nowhere today really.

I’m not saying that’s his fault. There’s some so wrong with how we’re set up.
Apart from Butland he’s been our best player. Won several tackles, looks for forward passes and made the goal.

Low bar mind you.

45 mins to stay in the title race. Will they raise their game? I just can’t see it, too many running down their contracts, too many disinterested, too many bang average players who don’t have the bottle.

You'd never be able to guess that this team were 6 games away from winning a treble.

That should be enough motivation in itself, so the fact these players don't look up for it is massively concerning and damning on those players.
It is. They should be coming out looking absolutely ruthless and determined to overwhelm the other SPL teams. Instead we struggle to create while we've been getting cut open by St. Mirren down both flanks.

We badly need to address why it is that our squad is filled with players (not saying all of them) who are paid significantly more than players from the non-Old Firm teams, but regularly fail to look a class above.

Absolutely awful at both ends of the pitch, St Mirren have only had 22% possession and have had more shots on target than us.

You just can't see where goals are coming from against opposition who set up like St Mirren have. Dessers is just so ineffective against packed defences, Silva is just, well, shite. Sterling gives his all but he just isn't a right winger.
Most of our possession due to the fact that it takes is 10 passes to get over the half way line. We are so slow and lacking in aggression.

Every game we all live in hope that it will be better than the previous one AND every game is just as bad if not worse. Those players are sucking the life out of me, thank god for Butland.
An "It'll be alright on the night" team.
Saving themselves for the "big one"
Except when the big one comes, they can't raise their game or it's already too late.
Another half-assed, lack of focus, sloppy showing.
Decision making is unbelievably bad, from positioning to passing it's just horrendous.
This goes back years.

If you can't defend, which we can't, nor can we afford to replace them, at least play a style of football that puts pressure on your opponents and play the game in their half.

Stop playing walking football, it will not, and never will win league titles.

Really grim stuff and it’s not looking good.
Don’t think anyone really gets pass marks. Butland has kept us in it but he too needs to take part if the blame at the goal.
The usual suspects have been dug up and rightly so but I can’t believe Sterling getting away with any criticism, he’s been terrible.

St Mirren should be ahead, given the chances we’ve given them plus excellent saves from Butland. God knows what we’ll do in the 2nd half. Not looking good.

What Rangers team will show up second half , this garbage one we sick of seeing or the other one that's hardly ever seen.

Hopefully Stevie G does come in for Tav and get him tae fu(k. He’s never been a leader in terms of motivating the team and now he can’t even lead by example.

The only time you'll ever see this team move fast, with purpose, with aggression and as a cohesive unit is running to their agents and the press if their end of season bonuses got revoked for poor performances.

Back