Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

By "the indefensible" you mean a player from the team I support, in the face of one of the stupidest arguments I've read on here? Of course I am.

Evidence:

This season
Gogic: 42 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist
Dessers: 49 appearances, 20 goals, 8 assists

On the evidence of this season, Cyriel Dessers is 6.6x better at scoring goals than Alex Gogic, and 8x better at creating goals.
Wtf you on about? Ones a striker playing for Glasgow Rangers one's journeyman defender playing for an average st mirren side. At what point did I say Gogic was a goal scorer ffs? Tell you what though, put him in the scoring positions Dessers finds himself in week in week out I'd be willing to bet you're "evidence" would look much the same. The only reason Dessers plays in the striking role is because he's the only one who plays the position for us who's managed to stay fit.

None of that changes the fact that 95% of those players are not good enough.

I don't think that too many of us will dispute that but the manager has had to play with what he inherited. I'll settle for any win we can get in the run in. For what it's worth I think that a fit Yilmaz will help considerably.

I don't think that too many of us will dispute that but the manager has had to play with what he inherited. I'll settle for any win we can get in the run in. For what it's worth I think that a fit Yilmaz will help considerably.

One of only 3 or 4 players I'd keep and even then he has not played enough to make a definite call on him.

Just worries me how many of these players in reality we will be able to shift over the summer. Sadly not that many I think.

Would Gogic have had the strikers instinct to be in that position?
You can't be serious, Strikers instinct?

A distinct lack of strikers instinct, coupled with a powder puff defence is exactly why we find ourselves 3 points adrift of the scum.

The ball was flighted right onto his head for god's sake, while their goalkeeper also sold the jerseys. Look I'm grateful he was there to knock it in and at least keep us in the race, but surely to f**k I can't be the only one who expects so much more than we're getting from this guy.

You can't be serious, Strikers instinct?

A distinct lack of strikers instinct, coupled with a powder puff defence is exactly why we find ourselves 3 points adrift of the scum.

The ball was flighted right onto his head for god's sake, while their goalkeeper also sold the jerseys. Look I'm grateful he was there to knock it in and at least keep us in the race, but surely to f**k I can't be the only one who expects so much more than we're getting from this guy.
Yes strikers instinct.
Is it luck or instinct that chances continually fall to him?
I think he should be on about 30+ goals this season with the 100% chances he's missed.

Yes strikers instinct.
Is it luck or instinct that chances continually fall to him?
I think he should be on about 30+ goals this season with the 100% chances he's missed.
It's not just his goals to games ratio mate, he's so far removed from what we're screaming out for it's actually depressing.

You only need to look at his teammates reactions regards him to see what I'm on about. Taverneir for example today, if looks could kill. We need so much better!

Anyone thinks this team goes to the piggery and wins is delusional.
Stage fright will descend on us & we'll get comfortably beaten. We are determined to lose a goal in the first 5 minutes of every game we play, aren't we, and I know in exactly which game it will come to pass.

Good to get 3 points today, as it could easily have been none or one. However, I thought there was a real flatness about us - players & fans - it's as if there's not many that really believe we can win this title, and sadly that includes the players (and me).

St Mirren had a couple of decent chances, but once again the chances we miss/opportunities we mess up is horrendous.

Robinson has Gogic playing well for them at the back, but we seem to turn him into Baresi every time we face him.

More game time for Scott Wright, when will it end...

Have a look closer at Dessers goal... he places his hands on the back of the midden player with no force...the midden player launches himself forward in the path of his goalie and trips him up.
Comedy gold trying to con the ref into a foul.

The foul Gogic got booked for against Dessers I’m convinced if he hadn’t body checked Dessers he was through on goal did anyone else see it that way don’t think there was cover either.

Let’s see mate - we are clearly the underdogs. However, we are due some luck against them. Let’s get the other points on the board first, that game will take care of itself.
It’ll take a lot more than luck based on recent performances and results at their dump over the last 3 and a half years

Back