ST Waiting List 24/25

The only way to protect the next generation of fans and get them in the door is to sort out the broomloan rear and get the people that have aged out into another section of the ground. Shouldn’t be an option it should be mandatory to be moved to the first available seats. There are loads that can be used in the club deck to keep families together but they need to sort that so new kids can come in.
You do realise that will take literal years to be able to do that? Freeing up seats doesn’t necessarily mean those newly free seats in the broomloan rear can be sold as season tickets

Season ticket numbers are capped so it doesn’t really matter where the free seats are, once the maximum number of season tickets have been sold the club can’t sell any more

This would maybe work in terms of people not renewing, I.e move people from broomloan rear to anyone who doesn’t renews old seat. However, this then means that the club would effectively block adults/concessions on the waiting list from being able to buy a season ticket in favour of children. Is that fair and equitable to all mygers members? I don’t think so

Yes you can still transfer season tickets.

If you stop people transferring, you’ll have a situation whereby people unofficially pass their season ticket on and sell it to someone else. Would only cause difficulties for European away games but if you don’t do them it’s no issue
Sure I read that happens at Liverpool so they have season ticket holders renewing who would be well into there 100s

Yes you can still transfer season tickets.

If you stop people transferring, you’ll have a situation whereby people unofficially pass their season ticket on and sell it to someone else. Would only cause difficulties for European away games but if you don’t do them it’s no issue
Do what they used to do then and make you pick the ticket up in person over there with ID. Not ideal but stops people abusing the system

I was one of the BF4 holders affected and got to choose a new seat. To be honest I was amazed how many seats were actually available and that’s even before renewals closed. Albeit they were all single tickets mostly

The only way to protect the next generation of fans and get them in the door is to sort out the broomloan rear and get the people that have aged out into another section of the ground. Shouldn’t be an option it should be mandatory to be moved to the first available seats. There are loads that can be used in the club deck to keep families together but they need to sort that so new kids can come in.
The problem with that is you need somewhere to move them to.

Do what they used to do then and make you pick the ticket up in person over there with ID. Not ideal but stops people abusing the system
Pardon? Make people show ID to gain entry to Ibrox?

Unsure if I’ve picked you up wrong. I was saying that it wouldn’t make any difference to people buying a season ticket in another persons name if they had no intention of doing European aways. As in, they’d never be in a position to follow us abroad so wouldn’t have the hassle of collecting a ticket

Pardon? Make people show ID to gain entry to Ibrox?

Unsure if I’ve picked you up wrong. I was saying that it wouldn’t make any difference to people buying a season ticket in another persons name if they had no intention of doing European aways. As in, they’d never be in a position to follow us abroad so wouldn’t have the hassle of collecting a ticket
No I mean European games.

No I mean European games.
Yeah, in that case it would be irrelevant as I was meaning people who aren’t interested in European aways wouldn’t have anything to lose.

If a season ticket holder decides to sell a seat to their friend, who only intends to do domestic games, there is literally the club can do to police that. It would only become an issue for the person buying if they wanted to do European aways as they couldn’t get the ticket (if collection was strict) however any allocation over 2000 and they’d get an e-ticket or it posted to them

So again, another way that it creates a closed shop

Update:

I emailed them again and heard back and Graham in the TO seems to suggest he would get an offer if he meets the points threshold. Nothing like a bit of conflicting info!

Hopefully he is correct and Margaret is wrong. Otherwise, ive no idea how to ever get him one really!

Update:

I emailed them again and heard back and Graham in the TO seems to suggest he would get an offer if he meets the points threshold. Nothing like a bit of conflicting info!

Hopefully he is correct and Margaret is wrong. Otherwise, ive no idea how to ever get him one really!
I'm really surprised at this tbh. For health and safety surely a child needs to accompanied by an adult. Who looks after that child in the event of a mass evacuation if the child is in a different stand to their guardian?

I'm really surprised at this tbh. For health and safety surely a child needs to accompanied by an adult. Who looks after that child in the event of a mass evacuation if the child is in a different stand to their guardian?
During COVID they sold me a season ticket for my then 10 month old son. Same stand as me, but 20 rows back and 100 or so seats along!!

Update:

It was Alastair who advised me the same. Hopefully Margaret wrong like you say.

That's what I'm hoping for. Currently on 475 points which would have been enough last year. So if we get this extra 600 seats it's looking good
You have to remember we also losing seats in the Copland and those 600 seats are been made to those affected by that and the seats moves in Copland so not all 600 might available in that area

However good luck in your attempt to get a season ticket

How do the club get away with calling it a waiting list? It was in the past, but now it's just a competition with an entry fee of £50 per annum.
Spend, spend, spend, to reach that goal of gaining enough points to "earn" that season ticket you so desire. First team, B team, woman's team, Rangers TV, merchandise etc ,etc, etc. Go on, you know you want to.
If you can't be bothered with all that, just get a mate on high points to do a name change. You get a season ticket and he jumps right to the top of "the waiting list" without any waiting required.

Has anyone ever earned enough points to be offered a season ticket from only paying for MyGers every year?

For anyone curious, I have a season ticket but I'm not in MyGers.

I don’t think this works any more mate, the high point holder would have to wait another season before getting one.

Thats precisely what Margaret said last year, it was health and safety. I suppose though they would deploy and element of common sense in that no parent is going to sit their 5yo in a stand they arent in so they probably know they ticket would just be upgraded to an adult and used by someone else. I buy tickets for my mates in my son's account to get him the points and it never specifies it needs to be anywhere near my ST. I upgrade them to adult tickets though so maybe that is why.

Remember any members who currently have a ST and reasonable points totals, if you want a move and are struggling to get one, it is easy enough to not renew, join the ST waiting list and you will be first ones offered.

For just a single seat you’ll get pick of pretty much every section/stand in the stadium.

The seat mover process via the Ticket Office is garbage, so it’s a straight forward way to manage it yourself.

That's what I'm hoping for. Currently on 475 points which would have been enough last year. So if we get this extra 600 seats it's looking good
The 600 new seats will be taken up by all who are affected with being moved.

Might be reading this wrong, but are people genuinely surprised that the club will not sell a single season ticket to an under 12, who will not be sat with a responsible adult?

That is pure common sense surely?
Not really. My wife and I both have season tickets.

If I could get my son one anywhere else in the stadium one of us would move to allow the other to sit with our son.

Do you think a 6 year old is gonna nip over to a game themselves?

Bit off topic, My brother in law is giving his up and transferring it to my son, name change etc, trying to get a reply is an absolute nightmare, especially with the deadline not far away.

Not really. My wife and I both have season tickets.

If I could get my son one anywhere else in the stadium one of us would move to allow the other to sit with our son.

Do you think a 6 year old is gonna nip over to a game themselves?

That is kinda my point, but I think you knew that.

So what happens to their seats they move too? Its a 600 capacity increase
There is 5 rows of seats been lost to accommodate the disable viewing area in the Copland Front

Building the new cantilever onto the front of Copland Rear helps migrate the loss of those 5 rows

Says 1000 new seats with the net capacity of 600

Allied to these changes, a new cantilever will be constructed at the front of the Copland Rear with almost 1000 new seats, meaning a net-capacity increase of almost 600, with these new seats having some of the best views of the Ibrox pitch.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/Ibrox-seating-update-for-season-2024-25/5Q26k3ekiqQoImd60DmLa1

Just renew as normal and then get the transfer sorted
He started the transfer once the renewals opened, they replied at the start asking for name, address etc of the person taking the season ticket over, he sent them all the info and heard nothing since.

Would someone just paying the £50 annual membership accrue 403 points over 5 years. I'm sure I read somewhere it was only 20pts for renewing.

20 points per my gers membership - 100p over 5 years
1 point per season going on the tour - 5p
leaves 298p to find from matchgoing at 5p per match - approx 60 games, over 5 seasons, average 12 home games a season to get that many.

(or RTV subscription, Programme Subscription, Womens ST, B Team St etc... there's been all sorts of avenues to accrue points over the last 5 years)

leaves 298p to find from matchgoing at 5p per match - approx 60 games, over 5 seasons, average 12 home games a season to get that many.

(or RTV subscription, Programme Subscription, Womens ST, B Team St etc... there's been all sorts of avenues to accrue points over the last 5 years)

Another 10 points per season from buying mygers early

Might be reading this wrong, but are people genuinely surprised that the club will not sell a single season ticket to an under 12, who will not be sat with a responsible adult?

That is pure common sense surely?
Well they are quite willing to sell individual match tickets to an under 12 so why not a season ticket?

Well they are quite willing to sell individual match tickets to an under 12 so why not a season ticket?
I'll bet that if you push that line with the club they would more than likely stop them buying single tickets too :))

Especially since they know that they are usually used by others.

That was my point. It's not a waiting list anymore, it's a competition. I'm sure we will have loads of fans that think they are on a waiting list and it's only a matter of time before they get a ticket.

That was my point. It's not a waiting list anymore, it's a competition. I'm sure we will have loads of fans that think they are on a waiting list and it's only a matter of time before they get a ticket.

People who are doing the hard yards by buying match tickets every other week on MyGers, and building up points by putting money into the club should 100% be ahead of someone who only pays MyGers and spends nothing else, regardless of how long both have been on the "waiting list"

Since when did the waiting list become more about how many points you have rather than how long you have been waiting.

So technically someone could have been waiting 6-7 years for a season ticket and someone else who has a lot of coin could just but womens season tickets (and no go), Rangers TV, Tour Tickets etc and jump straight above then on waiting list ?

Since when did the waiting list become more about how many points you have rather than how long you have been waiting.

So technically someone could have been waiting 6-7 years for a season ticket and someone else who has a lot of coin could just but womens season tickets (and no go), Rangers TV, Tour Tickets etc and jump straight above then on waiting list ?
As soon as mygers was introduced any available ST’s were prioritised based on points.

Anyone on the waiting list for 6 or 7 years and attending all home games that have available tickets (almost all of them) would've had an offer long before now.

If anyone is on the list but not bothering to go to games, then why would they want a season ticket?

The season ticket is getting transferred to a child, that’s why he can’t renew it, as it would be an adult price again.

Softest way around this issue - get them to renew via direct debit. 1st instalment isn't til 3rd June now for those that are renewing at this point in time - by that time, the change of ownership will have been done. No money out, ticket secured and time bought for the club to tidy things up back-end for the new owner to take over.

Anyone on the waiting list for 6 or 7 years and attending all home games that have available tickets (almost all of them) would've had an offer long before now.

If anyone is on the list but not bothering to go to games, then why would they want a season ticket?
Sounds to me it's about how much people 'Follow Follow' the Club :p

My pal and I have bought a ticket for every home game over the last 2 seasons now. Coupled in with some of the extra points on offer, we should get some luck soon. Worst case we have to do it for another season but fingers crossed we make the cut now. Just a case of doing the hard yards and putting the money into the club

My pal and I have bought a ticket for every home game over the last 2 seasons now. Coupled in with some of the extra points on offer, we should get some luck soon. Worst case we have to do it for another season but fingers crossed we make the cut now. Just a case of doing the hard yards and putting the money into the club
Similar to me and my son, every home game this season and the majority last season. I think by this time next year might have a good chance of getting enough points. It’s not just going to the game it’s also being on the ticket site when the mygers sale opens up and trying to get 2 tickets together. Just doing that for even a few games is, in my opinion, much more entitled to be higher up the season ticket list than someone that signed up to the list 5,7,10 years before and never bought tickets! The stress of a 10am mygers sale for over 20 games a season is brutal and probably worth extra mygers points!! :p

I think the only way you can do it is stop transferring your ticket onto a friend or family? Can you still even do that? Once someone give their ticket up then that ticket becomes free for people on the waiting list, and not be allowed to transfer to another name?
You would then find that most wouldn't give the ticket up but still pass it on to the family member.

Similar to me and my son, every home game this season and the majority last season. I think by this time next year might have a good chance of getting enough points. It’s not just going to the game it’s also being on the ticket site when the mygers sale opens up and trying to get 2 tickets together. Just doing that for even a few games is, in my opinion, much more entitled to be higher up the season ticket list than someone that signed up to the list 5,7,10 years before and never bought tickets! The stress of a 10am mygers sale for over 20 games a season is brutal and probably worth extra mygers points!! :p
Exactly this mate. Folk that go to games regularly should absolutely get priority over people who join a waiting list and never go. If you don’t go to games why would you even want a season ticket? We all know that turning up for a Livi or Ross County game on a wet and cold Wednesday night in February can be a bit of a chore at times

Nobody who’s “no going” to games will get anywhere near a season ticket. You need upwards of 400 points to be close. Pre-Gerrard or in the Covid season you’d have got one with about 40 points so I struggle to sympathise with people that are complaining about not being able to get one now in all honesty

Nobody who’s “no going” to games will get anywhere near a season ticket. You need upwards of 400 points to be close. Pre-Gerrard or in the Covid season you’d have got one with about 40 points so I struggle to sympathise with people that are complaining about not being able to get one now in all honesty

How long does it take to get 400 points?

Back