Sterling - “I don’t know if the belief is there…”

Of course it would be a different reaction if the team Capt says it as he is the guy that's meant to be helping his team mates have the belief we can win the title!
ok then , so if your opinion anyone who is not the captain is ok to say it.

Also , to be clear, I have no issue at all at Sterling saying this

Tbf Tav and goldson don’t strike me as the galvanising types. Might be wrong but if one of the players is coming out saying that then it shows the mentality in that dressing room for me.

Just proves to me even more the senior leadership team are absolutely done at Rangers now and need emptied before poisoning the dressing room.

Canny believe a young boy who’s been here not even a full season has had to come out and say that when the supposed experienced pros sit in the changing room feeling sorry for themselves
Bravery on Sterlings part but shows the senior players up for the cowards they are. Tav, Goldson or Lundstram should be demanding one of them went in front of the camera

How this has changed within a matter of weeks is baffling. Something must have happened behind the scenes.
They said we bottled it vs Limassol then we beat Betis in Spain. It’s the same players, same level of ability.

It’s hard to see how they can’t have confidence against County and Dundee

ok then , so if your opinion anyone who is not the captain is ok to say it.

Also , to be clear, I have no issue at all at Sterling saying this
You said, it would be different if Tav said it and I clearly replied to you that as the club Captain, he is the guy that should be building his team mates up and building the team spirit in the dressing room with his talk to the team...It makes me wonder what is he saying or not saying to build team spirit?

Sterling has just been honest here and at least he recognises he and his team mates have let the fans and themselves down with their lacklustre performances.

We need the loser element gone before it infiltrates the newer players that Clement brought in.

Time is up for many. Go forth and make a great living in the English championship where you can blend in. The weight of expectation weighs too heavily on some that are here. If you can't deal with that you should not be at this club.

Well done to him being open and honest, doesn't make it better but its so much better than hearing "oh we are disappointed, we need learn and learn quickly". Not a media trained answer.

Saying “I don’t know if the belief is there” out loud to the media with 6 games to go is insane imo.

Have the players lost the plot?

Quite damning really. A player in our team has informed us that as a collective group they don’t believe they can win a league title. What’s the point in any of us spending our hard earned cash on TV subscriptions or season tickets if our players just don’t believe they can win the league. If he could ask the great leadership group if they would be up for it for next season that’ll be great, save us any disappointment when the same group of players decide to jack it.

Goldsons comments after losing at Hampden and Taverniers programme notes are referenced regularly on here.
Just so I understand you here, you are trying to equate the honesty from a young player with the words from Tav , the club Captain who is meant help lead by example and keep the team spirit up. You also mention the words from Goldson, a very experiences older player who Im sure was vice Captain of the team, again the guy who along with Tav should have been playing out their skin and trying to keep spirits up at half time in that Hibs match?

Last edited:
It's clear for us all to see, but it proves that the doubts about the leadership in that team are valid.

Well done lad. Felt sorry for him on the pitch yesterday with the disaster around him. Same for McCausland actually, when he came on one of the first things he was doing was picking up the slack in our midfield, think it was Lawrence who just completely backed off

Refreshing to hear honesty rather than we're disappointed and we'll learn from it and move on pish we usually get subjected to. Sterling one of the few I'd keep around after the summer. Should be our starting defensive midfielder. Boys got everything

66% of the ball and 17 goal attempts was our stats last night, if I was not watching the shitshow in front of me, going by stats only I would have thought we battered them.
Well done Dujon.

You said, it would be different if Tav said it and I clearly replied to you that as the club Captain, he is the guy that should be building his team mates up and building the team spirit in the dressing room with his talk to the team...It makes me wonder what is he saying or not saying to build team spirit?

Sterling has just been honest here and at least he recognises he and his team mates have let the fans and themselves down with their lacklustre performances.
Do you not think that the captain thinks he has let the fans down?

Back