Sterling - “I don’t know if the belief is there…”

I can only think the shrinking violets in the dressing room have spat the dummy after a hard talking to by Clement after the Motherwell game. That’s only a guess though and would be absolutely disgraceful if professional players have downed tools in the middle of a title race.

Nothing surprises me with this lot though, they’ve done it to previous managers.

Confirms what we can see in the players’ performances and their body language….there are issues and we’ve not just had off days or been unlucky.

Sounds like he’s genuinely hurting.
Unfortunately he’s in the minority of that dressing room.
The difference is Sterling hopes to have a future with us hence the reason what he said in the interview.
Whereas, it looks like quite a few have downed tools knowing they’re only here for a few more weeks.

Last edited:
Goldsons comments after losing at Hampden and Taverniers programme notes are referenced regularly on here.
It gets referenced as they are the two most senior players in the team.

The leaders in the dressing room, if that’s how they think no one should be surprised we are where we are every season.

Last edited:
This will be held against him in 5 years like it is with Goldson and Tavernier. That’s how it works with our fans isn’t it?
If Tav and Goldson are still holding us back in 5 years then I've no doubt it will be used again.

Between the performances . Last nights pressers and big sterling’s comments our club certainly keeps you on your toes I’ll give them that !! Never a dull moment being a bear these days is it, at least we can’t be labelled as boring we are just one big dysfunctional family !!

Be interesting to know where and why the belief went. Really flying, then lost to Motherwell, but followed that up with a very good performance in Lisbon. Beat Hibs either side of losing narrowly to Benfica. No shame in that. Piss poor against Celtic, but at least showed enough fight to get a point and keep the title firmly in our own hands. Then an absolute shocker in Dingwall, followed up by a toothless performance at Dens. Why? I can genuinely only put it down to the mentality of players who have done the same thing so often in recent years, when we get to the big games at the sharp end of the season. Unfortunately these same players are our 'leadership group', so if others are taking a lead from them, it's no wonder we continually fall short. It needs addressed.

I think you would struggle to show a rangers player give a worse opening 15-20 minutes ever than Tavernier did at Ross County. We are often told he isn’t a captain who leads by shouting but leads by example. Well he set some example that day.

Not that we needed the confirmation but that just confirms that we are winning %^*& all else this season.

Players should be fined and fans given money back for every ticket they've bought for between now and the end of the season

Quite clearly setting himself up to give us the “I told you so” patter if it doesn’t work out for Clement further down the line.

Bizarre behaviour.

Hardly when quite a number of my posts have supported Clement.

At a time when we’re renewing STs, it seems reasonable to comment on the manager’s decisions and the team’s performances.

I applaud his honesty and it's so refreshing to hear a player be so open like that, but what we will see now is Clement asked question after question on this interview at tomorrow's press conference and I'm sure that's what he was trying to avoid with his post match comments last night.

All that being said, get Sterling in the middle of that midfield and let's build around a committed and talented player

He does say the players are still together i suppose, so have to take him at face value.

While the honesty is refreshing (as i think it was with goldson) id prefer a big marv ‘believe’ type interview now with the same result!

They get abuse for it still because they have never improved on it also sure it was they couldn’t handle it. They continue to do the exact same shite every season. Then throw out the same stupid sound bites
I don’t disagree mate.

Don’t think there’s much difference in saying there’s no belief to win these games than saying they couldn’t handle the pressure though.

It’s the same kinda thing and should’ve been cut out seasons ago.

Back