Sterling - “I don’t know if the belief is there…”

Downing tools and not having a winning mentality is two totally different things. I don’t believe people could be taught a winning mentality.

I think the real winners are born with it and the real leaders filter it through to the players who lack it and it improves their performances.

From 8 points behind to being in a title race mathematically with the squad we have shows some sort of “mentality” and resilience.

I apologise in advance for being positive.

Good night and let’s get this treble :)

An honest answer but worrying nonetheless. An insight into the current mindset in the dressing room. A big difference to the gaffers ‘we played good’ interview last night (even though I’m of the opinion he’s just protecting the players here).

Fair play to the lad for coming out and saying it.

If the rest of them showed his determination and application then we would be in a much better position than we find ourselves.

Downing tools and not having a winning mentality is two totally different things. I don’t believe people could be taught a winning mentality.

I think the real winners are born with it and the real leaders filter it through to the players who lack it and it improves their performances.

From 8 points behind to being in a title race mathematically with the squad we have shows some sort of “mentality” and resilience.

I apologise in advance for being positive.

Good night and let’s get this treble :)
I like that positivity and really wish I could get on board with it :D

An honest answer but worrying nonetheless. An insight into the current mindset in the dressing room. A big difference to the gaffers ‘we played good’ interview last night (even though I’m of the opinion he’s just protecting the players here).

The FF mental ones will have an issue with truth being told.

But at long last, the truth.

He has been a useful player for us obviously and I like him but how would he recognise a title winning mantra?

A young player who’s never won a sausage. Surrounded by senior players who’ve barely won anything between them in their careers.

Took one of the youngest guys in the squad, who never does interviews to finally come out and say what we wanted to hear about current performances.

Sad, but suppose this current “Leadership” mob clearly can be disbanded when the young quiet guys can give better press than them

I like Sterling. He puts himself about, is athletic and has a good attitude. He’s a good worker. But ask yourself honestly - would he get in that Celtic midfield?

I don’t believe he would. And that’s the problem - until we stop accepting players that wouldn’t be good enough for them, we will finish second to them.
Cheers but wasn't you I asked mate.

I can only think the shrinking violets in the dressing room have spat the dummy after a hard talking to by Clement after the Motherwell game. That’s only a guess though and would be absolutely disgraceful if professional players have downed tools in the middle of a title race.

Nothing surprises me with this lot though, they’ve done it to previous managers.
It is certainly the way I'm beginning to think....patterns are certainly emerging. I think there is an " issue " in there that has come to the fore.

I think you would struggle to show a rangers player give a worse opening 15-20 minutes ever than Tavernier did at Ross County. We are often told he isn’t a captain who leads by shouting but leads by example. Well he set some example that day.
What about Tav in the last game Vs the filth, must run it close.

I certainly feel there's a wee bit more to this than just a refreshing bare truth being revealed. He's been picked to be the one to be interviewed for a reason, and I'm pretty sure Clement will have told him of any no-go areas.

Not accidental or coincidental imo.
was Clement who he was looking at before he said it?

He's disappointed and will learn from it, I believe.
Kids have started Primary school, learned everything there that needs learned and are now at high school in the time that Tav has been threatening to learn from mistakes

Admire his honesty but it's not like it even needed said. We can see the trail of sh1te running down certain players legs the minute there's a bit of pressure on.

Hes spot on and I am sure hes upset a few people at the club with his words , but hes only being honest and what the fans are seeing.

Nice to hear a bit of pain tbh. I’m sure he’ll get some encouragement from his captain and vice captain, cos that’s what a top captain will do.

This wasn't mentioned on either the H&H update nor Rangers Review morning briefing and Chris Jack's voice is heard on the video, which would tend to suggest it has been embargoed up until now?

Dujon's response where he mentions about fans saying they have seen this before over the years certainly is telling.

I love his honesty.

But, it's arguably quite naive to put that out there.

All of this will be said in house without it having to be public knowledge.

Reckon this has come from above his pay grade.. Management have seen enough & gave the green light to get this out imho..
Thought the same. Clement is an experienced & winning manager. It's his last roll of the dice, have a younger player shame them into a modicum of pride and professionalism. Let's hope it works because nothing else does with these bottlers.

He won’t be LB, can’t see him being a starting CM and I reckon Tav is RB next season
Not getting into the tav debate again but Sterling must be a starter.
We only have a limited budget and he is good enough to play. The other shysters who aren't will need replaced.

I love his honesty.

But, it's arguably quite naive to put that out there.

All of this will be said in house without it having to be public knowledge.

Not sure what difference it makes. We know it and so do the players and fans of other teams. What any of our players say makes no difference.

I at least respect his honesty rather listening to some patronising shite treating us like idiots who can’t see things for ourselves.

Back