Sterling into midfield, yes or no

Should Sterling be playing in midfield

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Borna Barisic is an alternative left back. He’s been poor this season, but so has Sterling at left back.

We’d be better playing Barisic at left back and Sterling in midfield.

Yilmaz should be back for the matches against the filth.

Sterling is a decent option in central midfield, but isn't going to start ahead of Diomande or Lundstram.

I would actually play him wide right, as he's previously linked well with Tavernier down the right, plus our other fit wide options, Matondo, McCausland, Silva and Wright aren't exactly setting the heather alight.

Sterling and Diomande would be a perfect anchor for our team, People take heart attacks when they see two more defensive players in a side but it actually helps the team be more attacking, It’s let’s the 10 be an actual 10, helps protect the defence, fullbacks etc

Playing Barisic at left back at the piggery is akin to chucking the towel in. They clearly identified him as a weak link years long ago and rightly targeted him for that reason. He doesn't have the legs, but far more importantly the man doesn't have the stomach for this fixture.

I'll think you'll find with the two pastings at the cesspit in recent years it has been down both flanks that we've been exposed. But no disagreement from me regards what you say about Borna. He has neither the pace or the guts for the battle.

Disagree. Has been badly missed in the midfield particularly against the scum.
Don't disagree he's better in midfield, but he's needed where is. The alternative sees us raped at will down that left hand side. Sterling prevents that hence why the manager is playing him there.

Not for me he's not the type of midfielder we need in there. He has a great engine and recovery speed but the midfield badly lacks a Steven Davis type someone that can control the tempo of the game quicken it up when required and we've lacked that since Davis stopped playing for us. For me that isn't Sterling's game and bar games against the tims and possible European games the standard run of the mill games he's not needed in there.

If he's going to play moving forward then it has to be either full back position if Tav were to go in the summer then put him into his natural position of right back.

Clearly his best position. His best attributes are physical and it allows him to showcase them.

If Ridvan is fit, I think he'll be moved to the right against Celtic to help Tav.

What ever position he's in, he's now one of our constantly best players.

Definitely. Similar to Barisic recently, he doesn't look comfortable at left back. Hopefully Yilmaz returns for the run in and the final.

Sterling should without a doubt be in our midfield alongside Dimonade and hopefully another next season.
As a natural RB and a talented player there is no reason he should not easily adapt to a RM role! I`d prefer him as RB once Tav goes to Saudi Arabia though

Would rather play Barisic if it meant getting him into the midfield. Sterling for me is very poor at left back, simply too right sided. It’s a weird one because he’s got no right to be as effective a midfielder as he is and you’d assume a natural right back would be a better left back than he would be a midfielder but he isn’t.

If we want to win at Parkhead he has to start in midfield and Barisic needs to decide that he wants it. It’s doable if that happens.
Come on, very poor?

If we sort the left back issue he needs to be in midfield for the rest of the season. As for next season I want him at RB. If Tav stays he moves up the pitch. Personally I would try and get money for Tav and thank him for his unreal service but I just think it’s time to reboot this team.

Blows my mind how anyone could have watched us when he was in midfield and not think that is clearly his best position and how vital a player like him is in that role is, he was unreal and wasn't just a destroyer in there who broke up play either, he was very composed and intelligent in that position something that we lack massively. I have no idea why clement has not used him more often in there as for me he is our best CDM along with Diomande.

Clement made an an arse of his selections v Ross county and Dundee , Sterling should have been in the center of midfield for both games especially as Diamande was out.

Agree with him being in midfield but it's quite something that, at this stage of the season, our best right wide midfield options are him and Macausland.

Aye for sure, he dominates physically and wins every individual duel. He's a good player too, decent passer of the ball and I reckon he'd get his share of goals.

Back