Sunday St Mirren game Travel warning.

What do you guys think for those coming on the m74 from the hamilton area?

And how bad will it be on the way back?

Don't see it been much issue yes might find it busier coming from the M74 onto the M8 at the Kingston Bridge end afterward probably just your usual football type traffic

The cycle race starts at 10.30am and will be over by 1pm at the latest unless there any issues

Certain roads will be phase opening as will

That’s the way I will be going M74 then off at Junction 1 /1a depending on traffic and park down near seaward street - hopefully won’t be mega busy.

Don't see it been much issue yes might find it busier coming from the M74 onto the M8 at the Kingston Bridge end afterward probably just your usual football type traffic

The cycle race starts at 10.30am and will be over by 1pm at the latest unless there any issues

Certain roads will be phase opening as will
Same way I'll be going, was gonna watch 1st half of HSV game then leave at back of 1 but might leave earlier.

Just had to walk through central glasgow to get a train from queen street and so many roads are closed. It’ll be chaos round st Enoch/queen street as Buchanan street is closed and only a few crossing places marshaled by jobs worth stewards! They were doing practice runs to close the crossing points off so I missed my train!

Just had to walk through central glasgow to get a train from queen street and so many roads are closed. It’ll be chaos round st Enoch/queen street as Buchanan street is closed and only a few crossing places marshaled by jobs worth stewards! They were doing practice runs to close the crossing points off so I missed my train!

Where are the crossing points mate? I have to catch a train at 6:20 from queen street. Last train back to Oban tonight

0_Screen-Shot-2018-08-04-at-141335.png

I would you make it no problem clutch permitting!!!

There is always a reason why these events are held on a Sunday since the traffic is generally quieter, sure there is our game and that does have an impact

Thanks the smell of clutch is overpowering but I have bought a few air fresheners to mask the stench so hopefully it makes it hahaha

I usually come in from the east, off at J18, park around Hillhead and jump on the subway. I'm struggling to get details of road closures but I'm guessing that's a non-starter today??!

I disagree, they could have made it on a Monday or Friday on the off chance there was a game involving us or celtic.
Football fans are never considered by these middle class organiser of these events.
Old Firm fans bring more to Glasgow's economy every year than these competitions will bring to the table.
Or perhaps they reckoned having it on a Sunday would be less disruptive overall, as it's the quietest day of the week on the roads? As I say, there's plenty of people out to screw us any way they can, whenever they can. This just isn't one of them.

Or perhaps they reckoned having it on a Sunday would be less disruptive overall, as it's the quietest day of the week on the roads? As I say, there's plenty of people out to screw us any way they can, whenever they can. This just isn't one of them.
I neverdaid it was, so going by your logic, why have the other race during the week when celtic were possibly going to be playing that night
Not a conspiracy against us, just people who are incompetent at planning

I neverdaid it was, so going by your logic, why have the other race during the week when celtic were possibly going to be playing that night
Not a conspiracy against us, just people who are incompetent at planning
With the extent of road closures, there was never going to be a good time. Whatever day of the week it was, countless thousands would face disruption, so plenty would be complaining about the planning whenever it was held. Unfortunately it's us who face that disruption, but it's not down to incompetence. It's just the consequence of holding a major European sporting event in the city.

With the extent of road closures, there was never going to be a good time. Whatever day of the week it was, countless thousands would face disruption, so plenty would be complaining about the planning whenever it was held. Unfortunately it's us who face that disruption, but it's not down to incompetence. It's just the consequence of holding a major European sporting event in the city.
Would this date and event not have been known well before the SPFL planned their league programme?

If any blame is to be thrown about should it not be aimed at the football authorities, should've given us an away game today?

Would this date and event not have been known well before the SPFL planned their league programme?

If any blame is to be thrown about should it not be aimed at the football authorities, should've given us an away game today?

Yes they know when it was but they would factor that when scheduling the games

It is only today due to it been moved from yesterday and if there had been any concerns then it could have been played at later time i.e 6pm or even tomorrow night

I’ve just drove in from Hamilton on the m74. I left early expecting delays but had no bother whatsoever in fact it’s probably the quickest I’ve ever got to Ibrox. Maybe get busier in the next hour or so right enough.

In town just now and all the roads in city centre are closed off for cycle race its murder so anyone driving i would advise you stay clear of the city centre

M74 from Lanarkshire was fine. The left lane to get off at tradeston/kinning park was ok. Middle and right lanes a bit busier.

Thank feck I took the train today which I normally do anyway but was thinking of coming through by car. Train services mega busy as well.

I’ve just drove in from Hamilton on the m74. I left early expecting delays but had no bother whatsoever in fact it’s probably the quickest I’ve ever got to Ibrox. Maybe get busier in the next hour or so right enough.
21 mins from burnbank to where I park. Think that might be a record for me as well

Back