Surprise them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarryB

I have a feeling that Clement will spring a surprise on them here is my thoughts . Play 5 in the middle i have a very very strong feeling he will bring Jack Raskin and Sima all back in . Walter was the master of doing this change the set up . They swines have this all wrapped up according to everyone we have to be bold whats your thoughts Brothers

You can’t drop 3 guys who’ve barely kicked a ball in months into the starting 11 in an Old Firm match. They’d be blowing out their backside and we’d be out run after about 20 mins.

Sima if he’s fit could have a chance given that he played a few games before getting injured again.

Not a hope in hell the other two are both starting in midfield.

I have a feeling that Clement will spring a surprise on them here is my thoughts . Play 5 in the middle i have a very very strong feeling he will bring Jack Raskin and Sima all back in . Walter was the master of doing this change the set up . They swines have this all wrapped up according to everyone we have to be bold whats your thoughts Brothers
Probably play davies and balogun at back and big souttar up front.

Clement hasn't changed it when we have played better teams than the tic.

The most I can see him doing is tweaking things to a flat 3 in midfield.
giphy.gif

Last 2 months Jack has only had the 45 minutes he got for the B Team today. Raskin has even fewer than that over the last 2 months, albeit his minutes were for the first team. Sima, obviously, has many more minutes in that 2 month period but it’s a big ask to play this weekend after getting a hamstring injury on 21 Apr.

Only one I can see getting minutes, as a sub, would be Raskin.

I don’t expect any ‘surprises’ in team selection on Saturday. We are virtually down to last man standing territory.

Ryan Jack last played a competitive game on the 3rd of February.

It would be absolutely insane to chuck him in from the start on Saturday.

There’s a thread about a curve ball every time, and I’ve yet to see one?

Pack midfield, that’s all I would like to see.

Sadly the days of the cunning selection went with Walter. Good rest his soul. The man was a genius at getting individuals up for the big games.
Personally I think we should play the diamond in midfield and allow Tav and Borna to provide width from slightly deeper with 2 up front. Their defence is rotten yet we never test them properly with a strong press, something they really struggle with.

Our options are limited by who is available. If Sima is anywhere near fit, and I really doubt it, then he'll be in the bench.

We might see some slight changes in starting position like Cantwell on the right wing but deeper and Silva more central but it will basically be the team we expect. Hopefully with Sterling in midfield.

Tbf no one on here knows how much match fitness Jack has.

Obviously he's often injured to say the least but it could well be that we know he can give us half an hour or an hour on Saturday in terms of aerobic fitness. Whether he pulls something is another matter.

What you have to say is we have done better later in the games this season so the Q becomes do you set a plan based upon making that gamepoint in a better state ? 451 type thing as you say .

Against that PC has indicated he wouldn’t ever do that . And never has . But . Is this something g he could turn on its head this weekend and play that way until HT say ? The issue is we need the victory and ideally by a few so it would be a handicap in that you might only give yourself 45 min rather than 90 min .

Last edited:
Last 2 months Jack has only had the 45 minutes he got for the B Team today. Raskin has even fewer than that over the last 2 months, albeit his minutes were for the first team. Sima, obviously, has many more minutes in that 2 month period but it’s a big ask to play this weekend after getting a hamstring injury on 21 Apr.

Only one I can see getting minutes, as a sub, would be Raskin.

I don’t expect any ‘surprises’ in team selection on Saturday. We are virtually down to last man standing territory.
I wouldn’t rule out RJ getting 15-20 mins and the other possible change could be Dowell getting something similar . Sima I think will be on bench as a potential wildcard to give our GD a lift .
Lawrence will almost certainly get a portion of the game and I reckon McCausland could even get a start .

There’s a thread about a curve ball every time, and I’ve yet to see one?

Pack midfield, that’s all I would like to see.
There hasn’t been one since sir Walter done it to them. Something we were discussing in the pub yesterday.

I don’t get managers who always stick to the same system regardless of the game or team they playing and it’s something that bugs the life out of me.

I would be very tempted to flip do something different on Saturday, like

Tav Davies Soutar Yilmaz

Cantwell Raskin Sterling Lundstrum

Dowell

Dessers

It doesn't need to be a change of lineup to surprise them.

Send Scott Wright off the bench before the start to run into the middle of the huddle and throw their concentration right off.

That sure would be a surprise.

No chance it’s happening though

Clement seems to be a 'do plan A better' type, we've never seen him really deviate from his preferred formation/system, plays high risk football, like Benfica at home, everyone could see a breakaway goal coming.
People saying it's a huge game for the players, it's just as huge for the manager to prove he's got the tactical nouse to beat Rodgers.

That’s it ! You’ve just alerted them! They’ll be ready and waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back