Target the Tiims left hand side.

Shame our right wing options are massively hampered by injuries.

Maybe sima for the last 20 if the game is still alive but we can’t allow them to control the midfield again.

Those two are definitely the weak link and a lot of the goals they concede, the cross comes from Johnston’s side and those two are either nowhere to be seen at the back post or caught totally napping. Two of Aberdeen’s goals in the semi-final a few weeks back showed it.

Those two are definitely the weak link and a lot of the goals they concede, the cross comes from Johnston’s side and those two are either nowhere to be seen at the back post or caught totally napping. Two of Aberdeen’s goals in the semi-final a few weeks back showed it.
Have to get in amongst them straight from the Kick Off

Far post seems their issue.

If only we had attackers who were capable of capitalising on that.

Sima would have been useful here.

Flood the midfield and get the ball into their left back area, press as a unit, they will crumble.

Mind you all they need to do is tell Maeda to chase crisp pokes and Tav will flick one in off him.

Both pretty woeful teams this seasons for different reasons.

That's utter nonsense to be fair, we (the players) shit the bed regularly at Parkhead.
You’re entitled to an opinion mate, as am I, but I have more hope with the game at the piggery as I would have with the game at Ibrox having been at that game. I was there yesterday to and I must sit a a very different area to you. I’m not sure they shat the bed at the last piggery game? Could be wrong though.

You’re entitled to an opinion mate, as am I, but I have more hope with the game at the piggery as I would have with the game at Ibrox having been at that game. I was there yesterday to and I must sit a a very different area to you. I’m not sure they shat the bed at the last piggery game? Could be wrong though.
Thought we were garbage as usual at the Piggery last time out, never looked like taking anything from the game.

Their defence is muck overall. It is infuriating how easy a ride in general they have got it from us.

Ideally Sima would be fit and raring to go but doesn't seem that way.

Think they know its their weakness and its why Maeda plays there to stop Tav getting forward. It's a shame his hamstring injury didn't last longer as doubt the other options do the work back the way he does.

Aberdeen exposed the weakness in their left side defence with deep diagonal crosses to the back post. Others have done this, Dundee should have been 1-0 in front from such a cross.
At New Year, McAusland ran Taylor ragged in the first half but we missed the chances created. Souness used to tell his team “Find the dud!” This time we don’t need to look too closely.

We need to take the lead.
This. Think we've scored 1st just twice out of the last 13 games against them. Simply not good enough. I cannot even remember the last time we scored first at Parkhead with fans in the stadium. We know what their fans are like the minute things start to go against them. If we can score 1st on Saturday then we give ourselves a great chance of winning.

Get stuck into them all over the park, give them NO time on the ball.

From kick off, get right into them, hound them down, chase every ball with the purpose of getting it and go into every challenge with venom.

Put pressure on Hart and shoot at every chance with someone following it up as he will mess up.

If we do that, we will win - it’s as easy as that.

A reasonable theory I thought myself at the last OF at Ibrox. However, I feel that this squads mental weakness transcends to both venues.

This. Think we've scored 1st just twice out of the last 13 games against them. Simply not good enough. I cannot even remember the last time we scored first at Parkhead with fans in the stadium. We know what their fans are like the minute things start to go against them. If we can score 1st on Saturday then we give ourselves a great chance of winning.
We wont be allowed to score first see morelos and roofe as examples

Aberdeen scored 2 goals in the cup semifinal that were near identical (their 2nd and 3rd goals).
A cross into the left hand side of the penalty box and an Aberdeen attacker heading into the net pretty much unopposed.
Hart didn’t come for it and Taylor just stood looking at it.
That’s a certain weakness and we should just hammer them there

Aberdeen scored 2 goals in the cup semifinal that were near identical (their 2nd and 3rd goals).
A cross into the left hand side of the penalty box and an Aberdeen attacker heading into the net pretty much unopposed.
Hart didn’t come for it and Taylor just stood looking at it.
That’s a certain weakness and we should just hammer them there
You would hope the manager and coaching staff are working on this at training this week.

Get stuck into them all over the park, give them NO time on the ball.

From kick off, get right into them, hound them down, chase every ball with the purpose of getting it and go into every challenge with venom.

Put pressure on Hart and shoot at every chance with someone following it up as he will mess up.

If we do that, we will win - it’s as easy as that.
We'll know within 5 minutes.

The reason for this is our right faces their left….they actually target our right hand side due to Taverniers frailties in defence…..Tavernier is petrified of Maeda his pace and his chase everything mentality.

Who plays on the right for us is the problem. Sterling has to play in middle of the park for me.

The reason for this is our right faces their left….they actually target our right hand side due to Taverniers frailties in defence…..Tavernier is petrified of Maeda his pace and his chase everything mentality.
Exactly - they know it's their weakness so attack us on that side knowing it stops us getting at them

They're weak on the left, the right and the middle.

The problem we have is we are weak in those areas too.

Back