Tavernier needs moved on

Beginning to question how unthinkable is it that he pulls a Sir Alex/Jim Leighton for next week's final.

Tavernier looks shots to bits physically and mentally.

We all know he won't do it but I don't believe the idea of dropping Tav and playing Sterling at RB next week hasn't crossed Clement's mind even for a split second.
I was thinking the same thing. The manage cannot be everyones pal and needs to be ruthless. Sterling should be right back with no sentiments needed. We're here to win a cup for Rangers not Tav.

I have, all season.

Bar Butland, Sterling, Sima and McCausland. The rest are shite. Diomande doesn’t even look a player at £4.5m.

Manager too. Red flags galore.
I agree; but being realistic, we aren’t signing an entire squad in one summer. We will have to keep at least 10-12 of the current lot. Tav is obviously in our best 10-12 players.

He simply has to go.

He is the face of failure, he is captain next season and the fans are just waiting on the first failure and then it’s back to square one, because the face of failure is still stinking it out as a captain.

I actually like him, but when you take on the captaincy you are more than just 1 of the 11, and when you continually fail and are the reason a lot of the times for the failures it cannot go on.

For Clements own sake, he simply HAS to get rid of Tav and Goldson.

Not making the big calls with cost Clement if he is not careful

Taverniers time is up at Rangers now

The way he is playing constantly going through the motions is not a good look for your 'leader' going into next week

I agree; but being realistic, we aren’t signing an entire squad in one summer. We will have to keep at least 10-12 of the current lot. Tav is obviously in our best 10-12 players.

As a defender he isn’t. He’s absolutely done.

If we can’t sell him then take the captaincy off him and sign a proper RB that can defend. Sick of the sight of Tavernier. When he’s not contributing in an attacking sense he’s a liability.

We cannot go into next season with him as an ever-present yet again. It is beyond a joke this guy plays practically every minute for us season and season and is part of such disappointment.

Big changes are needed and Clement needs to gut this squad, starting with the supposed “leadership group” (Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram).
Yep the 3 of them need moved on.

As a defender he isn’t. He’s absolutely done.

If we can’t sell him then take the captaincy off him and sign a proper RB that can defend. Sick of the sight of Tavernier. When he’s not contributing in an attacking sense he’s a liability.
He’s a shit defender, but clearly he contributes going forward.

He is to blame for several goals conceded, but he’s scored and assisted 36. Swapping him out for a solid right back whose contribution is neutral is a bold move.

None of the ones wanting to rebuild him answers questions about him, There’s atleast 40 right backs down south superior too him Thts why he’s never got a move

In the end, he’s let age and a level of consistency catch up with him.

He won’t ever be the same as 2-3 years ago, and his dreadful leadership of the team will haunt him also.

He’s passed it and needs moved on for both his own sanity and the sanity of the support.

He’s been a terrific servant and been part of some good things here but reality needs to kick in for some and he needs let go.

It’s imperative that we start next season afresh with new players, Tavernier cannot be a part of it.

It’s a bit like watching your favourite dog get old. The middle years are great and he’s still got the legs and the appetite, but when age catches up you can see the legs going and this is exactly what’s happening to Tav.

Enjoy the twilight of your career in the sun if you can get it, because god knows he will need it.

He is to blame for several goals conceded, but he’s scored and assisted 36. Swapping him out for a solid right back whose contribution is neutral is a bold move.

No it isnt, it's the only move, he's done. We'll need to scout better attacking players to make up those contributions and a striker on the numerous penalties he takes every season which make a vast amount of his numbers.

That’s Clements job to shore up the defence and find goals from attack minded players.

If he can’t do that, he’s gone.

Goldson, Tavernier, Balogun, Lundstram, Jack, Barišić, Roofe and co. Time is up. Move on. The ultimate losers.

It doesn’t work replacing one set of stats for the other though, it’s about the whole group. Maldini never scored or assisted but the group was solid and it contributed to the team.

How can any Rangers fan want to go another season with Tav ?

It’s like some weird form of Stockholm syndrome with some of our supporters.

Misty eyed romanticism over a guy that has captained their team to nothing but failure for the most part, and plays a part in us being miserable as supporters season after season.

He’s been a great servant, but he has far too much loser baggage from his tenure and must be moved on in the summer.

There’s more right backs out there than James Tavernier funnily enough.

What was Goldson’s quote after the LCF? “This club won’t know what it’s got until it’s gone”?

I’d like to take our chances with that one.
Don’t disagree. But there are more for every position.

Unless we are overhauling the entire squad, there are obvious other positions to upgrade first.

Tavernier was a disgrace today, missing at Shankland goal still cannae pass a ball to a Rangers player.
Hopefully bye bye time

That’s Clements job to shore up the defence and find goals from attack minded players.

If he can’t do that, he’s gone.

Goldson, Tavernier, Balogun, Lundstram, Jack, Barišić, Roofe and co. Time is up. Move on. The ultimate losers.
Who are you keeping? How many signings are you expecting?

The last time Tav had a post match reaction was the 3-2 Ross County game.

I don't think I've seen a captain as regularly go without speaking on behalf of his team, not that we're missing many "Disappointing"s mind you.

Shortlisted for POTY, but making a judgement on a dead rubber that’s game number 56.
Don't bury your head in the sand… (or what the military can teach ...

The last time Tav had a post match reaction was the 3-2 Ross County game.

I don't think I've seen a captain as regularly go without speaking on behalf of his team, not that we're missing many "Disappointing"s mind you.

The games up with him mate, I'm hoping he's had enough himself and asks to move on.

Don’t disagree. But there are more for every position.

Unless we are overhauling the entire squad, there are obvious other positions to upgrade first.
Fair play for making a debate out of it, it’s getting to be more one sided but he is the most pertinent person needing moved on this summer. We need a new ethos running through the team and having James Tavernier told he must now take a backward step isn’t fair on him and in most likelihood be detrimental to achieving a new style with a new captain .

His passing for a professional footballer is absolutely atrocious, the fact our captain makes that many mistakes and the most in the team makes us a joke. He makes more rookie mistakes than the academy boys.

Yeah he's a liability now. I think for a long time how bad his defending was over exaggerated but it's really really horrific now.

He was dreadful today, and seem to spend most of the game just pointing at other players and trying to run their game for them.

Maeda will have him on toast next week.

Back