Tavernier needs moved on

Seen people say Tav was straight down the tunnel today whilst the rest of squad went to the fans, Raskin and Sterling spoke to the UB.

Any truth in it?

His form has dropped off a cliff
His form is atrocious - when was the last time he stopped a cross coming into our box, once again dispossessed in a crucial area, and caught napping at the back post when they should have scored with a header.

TBF he must be exhausted - he should have been "rested" on a few occasions this season, but he produces big moments which keeps him in the team, however even they look few and far between just now.

Next week is giving me the fear already.

He had a horrific performance today.
You just hope he was more focuased on the upcoming final but even if that is true what doea that say about a Rangers captain.
He was that poor it makes it difficult to see how he can recover from that today to man up against Maeda who he has backed off all season.
Even before today Clement had big decisions to make & it starts Saturday as we can't risk that set up and tactics that we have employed last few games against them.
Move Tav forward or drop him but just try something tacticlly different with the overall team.
Ok it's a gamble but I'd say at this point playing the same players in a formation theat gives them the midfield is a bigger gamble

It’s like some weird form of Stockholm syndrome with some of our supporters.

Misty eyed romanticism over a guy that has captained their team to nothing but failure for the most part, and plays a part in us being miserable as supporters season after season.

He’s been a great servant, but he has far too much loser baggage from his tenure and must be moved on in the summer.
Correct mate.
This move him into midfield pish and keep him but make someone else captain shite is pointless and spoken by folk who just don't fucking get it.
3 trophies in 9 years is a disgrace for Rangers. Fucking woeful.
The old guard of serial losers need to go and a whole new winning philosophy brought in.

The current version of him which we’ve seen for the past month or 2, completely agree

Been a big defender of him on here but his form has been woeful beyond belief
Part of the problem is the number of games he plays we should be rotating sterling in there.

The problem we have is not just one player though it's all of them added in to the tactics.

They were signed in general to play a specific way with the fb providing the width and midfield covering.

The core of the team needs fixed massively from upfront to cb

And if we are going to be using inverted fbs then fbs need changed im not even sure sterling is right type of fb for that either

We need dominant centre half's and athletic physical skillful midfielders.

His form has dropped off a cliff
He aint getting any younger either, an injury and he will be finished.

2 years of Goldson and Tav is frightening , we cannot go on as a club with this way of working.

Its like stepping back 40 years when Wallace was there for a second spell, we won the league cup for fun but that was it.

The difference was we only had 11 prods on the park which had caught up with us due to the available talent and Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and the tims were strong.

Whats the excuse nowadays , imo its the running of the club from the board down.

We shouldnt be going into next week with him at right back. He is a liabilty v the Japanese.

Don’t understand why he would be played in another position when he doesn’t have the pace to go past a player if he was right wing and doesn’t have the passing ability to play in midfield

Correct mate.
This move him into midfield pish and keep him but make someone else captain shite is pointless and spoken by folk who just don't fucking get it.
3 trophies in 9 years is a disgrace for Rangers. Fucking woeful.
The old guard of serial losers need to go and a whole new winning philosophy brought in.
Correct, challenge for 9 trophies and win 1.

A success rate of 11%.

Don’t understand why he would be played in another position when he doesn’t have the pace to go past a player if he was right wing and doesn’t have the passing ability to play in midfield
Maybe we will get a Saudi bid in for him and he'll go. I just think he's low down the list of players likely to leave this summer.

I was all for keeping Tav up until these last two games, he's completely checked out, makes me think he is off in the summer but could just be that age is catching up and he doesn't have it anymore to do a full season.

There's very few i want to keep now.

Any winger with pace will cause us problems next season if we persist with him as-is.

Either change his role or play him less frequently.
This was a pocket reply somehow. Incase you were thinking why I replied to your message.
I have nothing to say about game. As I think its 1st game I've never watched of ours with no reason.

Decided to cut tye hedges all day

Last edited:
We cannot go into next season with him as an ever-present yet again. It is beyond a joke this guy plays practically every minute for us season and season and is part of such disappointment.

Big changes are needed and Clement needs to gut this squad, starting with the supposed “leadership group” (Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram).
He’s better than most of them over the course of a season HOWEVER what is a joke is the fact he hits almost every corner and free kick as his delivery is generally shocking.

Can't argue that he has been a prolific goalscorer but has been responsible for costing us so many goals at the other end. Never a captain, time to get shot and hopefully Gerrard comes in to buy him and Goldson.

Saudi money for Goldson and Tav would be a fantastic outcome for us.

If either of them stay I can only see a further unpleasant decline.

They’ve also both got poor mentalities and have been part of too many failures yet seem to be the big men on campus within the squad. Hilariously along with Jack, Lundstram and Roofe.

I wouldn’t be surprised if after the Celtic game a lot of players were told they are not in the picture for next year. And either Tav was, or his closest allies were (Goldson, Lunny etc).

He’s looked completely done the last 3 games minimum.

How bad was he today?? Maybe keeping himself for the Cup Final, lol, Hearts 2nd Goal was a Joke, Another ball put in from his side that resulted in a Goal,

The current version of him which we’ve seen for the past month or 2, completely agree

Been a big defender of him on here but his form has been woeful beyond belief
I'm the same defended him for a while. It's getting to the stage where even though I like Tav I love Rangers and there's only one winner.

Still do think in the back of my head though he could be an important part of a totally revamped squad.

If Clement can't see it then he'll get the sack.
Is there anyone who can have this word in his ear? It would have to be someone not officially employed by the club but close to it. I really don’t want to see another manager fail because of this rot

How fvcking mad would it be next season to see our defence line up with Tav, Goldson, one other and Yilmaz?

FFS that would be something else. Along with an unknown quantity in Cordoba.

The way this club is run from top to bottom, I could see it happening too, which is a major major problem.

He's lost a step. 32 and a lot of miles on the clock. Shouldn't be ashamed to admit he's not what he was.

The bottom line is he has presided over far too much failure. A proper captain would have dragged his team to the title. It’s time for a change.

So you've just watched the second goal and you want Yilmaz to stay, don't watch the third then.
Doesn't suit the narrative mate, Tav is the one getting the bashing
Later tonight it will move to someone else.
Folk don't seem to understand we can't just sell any player on until the window is open

Last edited:
How fvcking mad would it be next season to see our defence line up with Tav, Goldson, one other and Yilmaz?

FFS that would be something else. Along with an unknown quantity in Cordoba.

The way this club is run from top to bottom, I could see it happening too, which is a major major problem.

I’m not even sure it would be that much of a surprise

100% shouldn’t but wouldn’t be surprised

Can understand the physical decline, he's getting on and has played and absolute power of football over the last 5 years. Can't understand why his passing has become so bad. He fails to make even simple passes a lot of the time and when he does it in forward areas watching him chase back is painful.

Is there anyone who can have this word in his ear? It would have to be someone not officially employed by the club but close to it. I really don’t want to see another manager fail because of this rot
If he needs a word in his ear then that's a worry. He's never been a good defender but he's totally done.

Clement should play Sterling at RB on Saturday.
What he does with the Captain I frankly don't care.
The Saviliers will be rubbing their hands with glee if they see Tavenier at RB.
It won't happen though and that is why will lose.

Can understand the physical decline, he's getting on and has played and absolute power of football over the last 5 years. Can't understand why his passing has become so bad. He fails to make even simple passes a lot of the time and when he does it in forward areas watching him chase back is painful.
That's what happens when the legs go, throw in his weak mentality and it simply can't continue.

Seen people say Tav was straight down the tunnel today whilst the rest of squad went to the fans, Raskin and Sterling spoke to the UB.

Any truth in it?
He went to the fans with the rest of the players.
He stood at the back,gave a brief wave and left.

Back