Team for the weekend

I'd go
Butland
Tav, Goldson, Balogun or Davies, Devine
Raskin, Sterling, Cantwell
Wright, Sima, Matondo.

I couldn't give a f**k at this exact moment. Bottler 2 to 11. Butland the only one exempt.
I couldn’t agree more, I’m still absolutely raging with their lack of bottle, you don’t win our league unless you know how to fight and we are as quiet as a mouse especially when we need them to show us they are Rangers players, we should lie down to no one.

The thing is I still give a f*** and always will, that will never change but this current team has sickened me.
The manager needs to make some serious changes with the backing of the board.
69 years and I ain’t going to change.
Im in the smae boat mate follwoed rangers all my life and will support till the day im gone have been through lots of ups and downs there will be more. Critical the manager is given the backing and time to build the club back up, bring professionalism back in it hurts like hell when you watch performances we have had to in the last couple of weeks , we will be back and I for one will be watching every kick to get there.

Hearts will fancy their chances and will press far more than County and Dundee.

Butland
Tav Goldson Balogan Yilmaz/ Devine
Diomande Sterling Cantwell
Mcausland Dessers Sima

What I would like to see:
Butland
Tav Souttar Balogun Yilmaz
Diomande Sterling
Mccausland Silva as the 10 sima
Dessers

What it will be:

Butland
Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic
Diomande Lundstram
Wright Cantwell Sima
Dessers

Butland

Tav
Barisic (if Ridvan isn’t fit)
Souttar
Balogun

Lundstram
Sterling
Diomande (if fit)

McCausland
Matondo
Sima

Although, I would be considering Dowell and Davies because our one footedness is almost comical.

Last edited:
Butland

Tav
Goldson
Balogun/souttar if balogun unfit.
Yilmaz/ yfeko if yilmaz missing

Sterling
Diomande
Raskin

Sima
Silva
Matondo

Goldson has been awful lately, but he plays better with balogun.

Yfeko for yilmaz because we need a natural left footer.just tell the boy to focus on defending.

Sterling and raskin to give bite and energy to midfield as lundstram has obviously chucked it.

Sima and matondo interchanging and giving us pace. Silva to start as I can't bear watching dessers anymore.

Hearts will fancy this, and that might work out in our favour with our pace on the counter.

Butland
Tav
Souttar
Balogun
Ridvan (Borna if he’s injured, so Borna)
Diomande
Sterling
Cantwell
McCausland
Sima
Matondo

Slim pickings as folk have mentioned.

Butland; Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Yilmaz; Sterling, Raskin, Diomande; Cantwell, Sima; Silva.

Drop Silva and Dessers, move Sima to centre forward with Mccausland and Matondo on the wings. The other thing I can't understand is why we have a player (Archie Stevens) who is wanted by practically every team in the English Premier league and yet he is deemed not good enough to play for Rangers against Ross County, Dundee, Livingstone. If we don't start blooding these youth players into the squad then we will have a hell of a time trying to lure them to Rangers...get it sorted.

This is what I think the team will be, not what it should be

Butland
Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Ridvan (if fit) / Sterling
Diomande
Lundstram
Cantwell
Sima
Dessers
Silva

Anyone expecting wholesale changes will be in for a shock IMO.

Personally Sterling would be the first name on my team sheet for centre mid.

Butland; Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Ridmaz; Dio, Lundstram; Sterling, Cantwell, Silva; Sima

It’s slim pickings
If their all fit, I would go with that, but I can see Ridvan pulling out again leaving is in the mire, having to either bring in Barisic, or drop Sterling back.

Would be a major boost to get either of Diomande or Yilmaz back.

If fit I’d go:

Butland

Tav / Souttar / Balogun / Yilmaz (Borna)
Sterling / Diomande (Raskin)
McAusland / Cantwell / Matondo
Sima

Subs: Roofe, Lundstram, Silva, Lawrence, Dowell, Goldson

Butland

Tav
Souttar
Balogun
Yilmaz

Diomande
Sterling

McCausland
Cantwell
Matondo

Sima

He should start MacAusland and play Sterling in the middle and just play Borna at full back.

The rest of the team will pick itself, and that’s a sad indictment of the club at the present moment.

Can’t turn our nose up at a cup final, regardless of the downturn in fortunes. This is Rangers Football Club, and we don’t turn our noses up at cup finals so we are better doing what the club should be doing and that’s getting to finals and winning them.

We need to play a 2/3 man midfiled when in posession with the 2 wide men dropping in to make it a 5 when we don't have the ball
We need to start playing as a team with a midfield structure and start controlling the game by holding constructive posession of the ball
We have to change how we are setting up as its killing us.

Back