Team of Imposters and Charlatans

I think I’d be having a nervo at watching some of those performances too.

Clement has made mistakes with selections/substitutions lately, but fans have recently wanted Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Borna, Dessers, Lawrence and Silva all dropped because of their lack of quality. There’s probably even a couple of names I’ve missed.

That simply is too many players who are not performing and it’s also the spine of the team - who the fúck are we meant to replace them with. He’s having to fanny about with a core group of players that cannot seem to handle domestic pressure.

3 weeks ago we were favourites and since then we’ve imploded against Ross County and Dundee.

The common denominator is the players.
Playing Goldson game after game expecting a different result is the definition of insanity...

A team of failures, decks need cleared come the summer.
THIS has been the problem for these past few seasons.
No other Club would have allowed such absolute fecking chancers to be rewarded with fatter contracts of ridiculous lengths.

It really needs somebody to stop that payment-for-failure scheme we've been running, and start the process of shedding ALL of the old familiar faces.
Along with most of the new faces, who have most likely picked up bad habits from the placemen.

Playing Goldson game after game expecting a different result is the definition of insanity...
Goldson is a major problem and I’ve genuinely wanted him dropped for a while now.

All I’m saying is Balogun and Davies both bring their own problems - we’ve all had a go at them multiple times in the past. I could see Goldson getting dropped, Davies coming in and making a blunder and we go round the houses again.

It’s depressing af.

I'd feel a bit differently if they actually looked to have tried and played with a sense of urgency and it just didn't go our way, but they looked like they were out on a Sunday league pitch. Playing the lazy pass, not moving into dangerous positions off the ball, hiding..

They can all gtf. I'll probably get a ban but it's true. Charlatans to the core.

Lawrence is absolutely rotten. Lundstram too slow. Dowell no different to those two.

Why Sterling isn't in midfield every game is a mystery. At least he gets steamed in and won't be bullied.

The leaders lol. Get them gone. No bottle.

I like to think I'm reasonably positive but I've had enough of this lot. I am going on Sunday expecting very little knowing that they will play the same safe uninspiring shit. We have no structure no link up play and a mid to front who shoot blanks. It's absolutely depressing how we have let this title go.

Same players, same collapse. Tav, Goldson and Lundstram need to go or else the mentality in the dressing room will never change.
Correct , their vein of fear and ineptitude runs through not only the dressing room but the whole club. They have been there too long and planted too many bad seeds. Get them out

Last edited:
Pretty shattered after that tonight.
Jury out on the manager who I hope comes good.
My worry is the same as everyone else’s, will he move on the long term under achievers?
My fear is we can probably pick the team v Hearts despite recent results.

Spineless frauds from back to front.
Thought I couldn't get angrier after the abysmal shite of the weekend but low and behold these poor excuses for football players manage to take us down another level.

They have checked out for the season and with a cup final place up for grabs I don't think anybody on here expects them to raise their game against Hearts.

Going to be a toxic end to the season again.

We will cuff hearts on Sunday then win our first two in the split handsomely because there won't be any pressure. I'm am sick to death if the same players and I do jot want to hear a single defence if them doing this.
I wish I had your confidence that we will cuff hearts

We are just a shite team. Horrible to watch - so so bad on the eye with no flair whatsoever, with shite players.

The new signings are utter pish, and the old guard are done. Horrendous mix and this is what happens.

We have made an absolute c/unt of this.
Exactly....if Clement doesn't bin 8 of them including the leadership team this summer I really fear for his future.

I don't know where the money will come from but these are worrying times once again.

Criminal negligence in terms of our signing policy re injury prone players and loan duds and not cashing in on either Kent or Morelos.

Loads of problems still at our club.

My first game was 1976 ... some individual players have annoyed me over the years such as Barton, Black etc but it is the first time I have ever felt this pissed off about the whole team.

I have no words. Beyond disgusted.

Losers? I’m sure we won a cup but that long ago? Your all ok when we are winning LOL
Serial failures who seem content to play second fiddle to the Bheasts. A cup every couple of years doesn’t change that, and if Killie hadn’t knocked Celtic out in the first round then I’m 100% certain that this bunch of losers would have filled their pants and lost to them when we met.

Serial failures who seem content to play second fiddle to the Bheasts. A cup every couple of years doesn’t change that, and if Killie hadn’t knocked Celtic out in the first round then I’m 100% certain that this bunch of losers would have filled their pants and lost to them when we met.
But they did knock them out so your reference has zero relevance and we won that cup.

But they did knock them out so your reference has zero relevance and we won that cup.
We did win that cup. Well done for pointing that out. May I have a go at this daft game you’re playing and point out that we have only won one other cup besides that?

The team is spineless mate. Your comments about only cheering when winning are daft. We don't win too much as of late so forgive any of us negative nancy’s for celebrating!

Performance like that with a title on the line and after Sunday

Shocking
We don't have a single leader in that dressing room other than perhaps Butland.

And it won't take long for him to start looking to move on.

I have no words to describe the level of this failing.

Yay, we won one League Cup. Put your feet up and relax lads, you won a League Cup.

I bet you’ll be chugging over that for years like folk go overboard about winning ‘55’ while that other lot hoover up titles and trebles.

I would also bet you think this league season is still alive in some display of assumed staunchness.

I'm not suggesting we sack the manager. But he's culpable in this collapse.

Yes, I celebrated the League Cup. The final was hardly a performance but it got the job done.

What's our style of play after 6 months?
Tend to agree with you…the style of play at most is punt it and press.

OP is spot on

Can’t believe the lack of fight from this team

No bookings in 2 must win games so they players aren’t digging and fighting to win tackles and show some passion

Clement will need to weed out the bottlers and hopefully bring in new players who will be able to cope with demands as this lot can’t do it

Back