That late VAR check for a penalty for McCausland tackle

It looked like Walsh was speaking to VAR or another official about something, given the challenge I'd be surprised if it wasn't looked at. Not surprised that if it was looked at, they went ahead with the corner.

Surely the correct decision there was the free kick for offside. The linesman, as he should, initially kept his flag down. It should have been up at the end of the phase of play. Just as if the St Mirren player had volleyed it into the goal the flag would have gone up. Just because it was a possible penalty, doesn't overrule the offside. Linesman was at it and there was no way it should have ended in a corner other than he was incompetent and missed the clear offside.

VAR has awarded us penalties all season long when referees have been too corrupt, cowed or compromised to award them.

I doubt it will be happening in the run in.

That VAR could have a check at the McCausland non incident but blatantly ignored the foul on Silva in the box in the first half, tells you all you need to know.

VAR has awarded us penalties all season long when referees have been too corrupt, cowed or compromised to award them.

I doubt it will be happening in the run in.

That VAR could have a check at the McCausland non incident but blatantly ignored the foul on Silva in the box in the first half, tells you all you need to know.
Craig Thomson once gave Celtic a penalty v us for the exact same thing when he ruled it a foul by Steven Davis.
McGregor saved the penalty from Samaras.
Have a look. See if you can spot the difference.
My technical abilities prevent me from showing it on here.

I was waiting for our second goal to be chalked off TBH.
The free kick against Butland was a honking decision. Butland got to the ball comfortably before their player who got there late and was flattened as a result. What was Buttlnd supposed to do? Not kick it? Absolute nonsense. Expect more of this before the season is out. Probably not at Dundee today though.

How has the linesman not got the flag up there? Three St Mirren players yards offside and they get the chance to throw a corner in the box.
He was at it kept making a point of checking where tav put the ball down everytime we got a corner

I was waiting for our second goal to be chalked off TBH.
The free kick against Butland was a honking decision. Butland got to the ball comfortably before their player who got there late and was flattened as a result. What was Buttlnd supposed to do? Not kick it? Absolute nonsense. Expect more of this before the season is out. Probably not at Dundee today though.
Was a shocking decision. Did absolutely nothing wrong and got booked. Walsh is a wee tim weirdo

Just wanted to say that -- even that tackle aside -- I was pleasantly surprised at how well McCausland did what defensive work he had to.

Last edited:
Well aware of that my point is that St Mirren still got the corner. The linesman has to flag when they were blatantly offside
The problem now is there is clearly an instinct in officials to not make the decision so var can handle it. You can see it every week, moments that are easy decisions and they let them go because in that split second they choose to protect themselves.

Surely the correct decision there was the free kick for offside. The linesman, as he should, initially kept his flag down. It should have been up at the end of the phase of play. Just as if the St Mirren player had volleyed it into the goal the flag would have gone up. Just because it was a possible penalty, doesn't overrule the offside. Linesman was at it and there was no way it should have ended in a corner other than he was incompetent and missed the clear offside.
Offsides cannot changed unless it leads to a goal or a penalty.

Its not the refs, its the rules in this instance

I noticed today that our offsides were pulled back pretty quicky without even making an attempt for the ball, think it was either Stering or Diomande, they were allowed to play even getting a shot at goal and not pulled back, think we had the same last week where Ross County got a corner they shouldnt have had

The way I see it is they checked for the penalty, seen it was touch and go, looked back and seen the offside and thought if we just say no penalty then St Boo get a corner, rather than give Rangers the offside.
Blatant cheating in that and Jacks booking.

The bheast VAR referees probably smashed a few screens in the control room when they saw the offside

Latest posts

Back