The Calm it down signal

Going through a bad spell so just wants a controlled easy win instead of giving the ball away when breaking with everyone out of position and losing silly goals.

Quite a lot of the games during 55 were like that.
Loads of games at home we went one or two up and defended very well with absolutely no panic. The organisation of that team was excellent.

Disagree. I know at least one of the incidents you're talking about and it was when Hearts were really growing into the game and it was getting a bit more basketball. Calming it down, getting our foot back on the ball and starting to control the play again was what was needed at that time. That's the experienced heads of two guys with roughly 900 professional appearances combined coming into play against the naivety of two young lads who've played about 100 games between them.

I like mcausland he's the only right sided player who doesn't wait to pass it off to tavernier for him to cross. Altho mcausland hasn't really been in form of late ,but looked to be improving yesterday.
I also really like him and he put in a hell of a shift when he came on.

His decision making in the final third lets him down quite a bit though imo. Plenty time to work on it.

Just watch the second goal back and see cantwell making a run and Dessers miles off it - finally to catchup and put it away.

That to me was a fine example of the OP’s point.

There’s a slowness to our whole game. Every corner, throw-in or free kick takes far too long. This happens even when we are chasing the game.

It drives me mad.
We took a quick free quick yesterday in the first half and that useless ‘B’ McLean pulled it back. Opposite to Hearts who were allowed to do it and fortunately came to nothing. We also took a quick throw in Dessers to Cantwell and once again it was pulled back for an invisible foul on the Hearts defender!

Just a little point on yesterday, and this group of players really.

Twice yesterday, we went to break quickly, Once McCausland had space in front of him and the other Diomande had broken free in midfield, we were 1-0 up on both occasions.

Twice , Dessers just didn't move and both he and Tav told the players to Calm it down/Slow it down, and we went back, once to Tav and Once to Souttar, when there was no need to do it.

The players need to have a ruthless streak, it is bordering on Lazy to just slow it down and go back when you should be chasing a second.

It was a good, and needed win yesterday, but we could have broken and been out of sight IMO far before the time we got the second , and better teams than Hearts punish you.

Anyway, into the bastards in the final.
We really need to be ruthless in the last 5 league games this season. If we somehow manage to win both games before we play that lot, then beat them at the piggery, then goals will be crucial, we need to be far more clinical. I know there's a slim chance for us to win the league, but potentially it could go to GD, we will need goals and plenty of them to pull it off.

I like mcausland he's the only right sided player who doesn't wait to pass it off to tavernier for him to cross. Altho mcausland hasn't really been in form of late ,but looked to be improving yesterday.

I'd agree he's tailed off lately, but hopefully it's all part of the learning experience for him.

Great players control the tempo of the game and can make it fast or slow when required.
Steve Davis and Fergie for example.
We have nobody to do this for us at the moment
Maybe Dio can step up as he beds in.
JL is just so one paced but it all has to go through him.

I don’t remember the specifics but I do know that Clement has said he doesn’t want basketball style games. We need to pick the right moment to trigger a full scale breakaway attack.
It’s our biggest problem. We’re so stretched at times. Gerrard was very vocal about our shape off the ball too. The amount of times teams spring us with a long ball and we end up 2v2 at the back is mental. That’s why Balogun is a so important - his pace means he can recover. All stems from having no width and our biggest threat being our right back.

I must have watched a different game. On for an hour and contributed very little. Doesn't attempt to commit the fullback, cuts inside constantly onto his weaker foot so zero threat, then passes it back or square, rinse and repeat.

My honest opinion is slowing the game down against the scum if you are one up will end in disaster
Slowing the game down if you are two up will end in disaster
Their defence is every bit as fragile as ours, as we seen at Ibrox second half, if we get on top then keep going
Attack is the best form of defence
I get games need managed and I get we don’t have a great forward line but the more chances we make the more chance we have of scoring, if we score more than them, we win, it’s not rocket science
The mutants will turn if we get ahead keep going for their throat, we seen it at the piggery last game with 10 men

Back