The final - Attack on Wembley on netflix

Great watch - It's a bloody miracle nobody was killed. What a bunch of entitled twats, giving zero thought to the lives of others, in their quest to watch a game of football. Nothing justifies that level of inconsideration.

It also highlights the issues of dealing with large crowds. What starts of as a party atmosphere, very slow degenerates in to mob mentality through drink and drugs. Your usual arseholes will always be that, but in large crowds a huge number of generally sensible people start getting carried along and before you know it its chaos.

Some people will scream "the police should do better. The security should do better" but ultimately, the ONLY people to blame are those who allowed themselves to lose control.

And for the guy Dan, having seen the footage, to say he wasn't ashamed of his action, epitomises the mindset that seems to permeate society.

His comparison at the end to the "parties" in Downing Street as justification shows what a wanker he was/is.

That boy that climbs on the bus is jay from the inbetweeners.

Imagine styling yourself on him what an absolute bell end

Coked up and drunk entitled fuds fuelled by the media telling them that their team had already won before a ball is kicked. I get the feeling that there's probably not anywhere else in the world that would have happened other than England.

Yeah I watched it this evening and like yourself I wasnt aware of what exactly had happened.

Was a receipt for disaster I guess: young excited crowd all hyped up. Hours of drinking and drug taking. A general feeling of lawlessness due to safety in numbers. Plus after lockdown there would have been a pent up desire to let off steam.

It reminded me of another Netflix doc about Woodstock 1999. Similar situation in many ways.
I watched the Woodstock one. That was good, although the corporate guy was a wanker! I'll need to watch this too.

Forgot about the Champions League final in Paris. That's another one that was total chaos getting in (on UEFA's watch). Apparently there were also issues with the Champions League final in Istanbul last year too. Alot of City fans complained that they had to walk a good few miles to the ground from the city as the busses to/from the game just didn't turn up.

It will be interesting to see how the final at Wembley goes this year. I wonder if UEFA will have applied any of the learnings from the last few major finals to this one? Only time will tell...

They will be probably be catering to all the corporate tickets and hospitality, ordinary fans shunted to the back. You wouldnt see corporate ticket holders walking miles to get to the ground.

Like you said, will be interesting to see what happens this year at Wembley.

There are some amount of scumbags who attach themselves to football. Watching it just reminded me of Rangers in Manchester.

Coked up and drunk entitled fuds fuelled by the media telling them that their team had already won before a ball is kicked. I get the feeling that there's probably not anywhere else in the world that would have happened other than England.

Chileans tried to do it at Maracana in 2014 World Cup. Copa Lib Final had to be moved from Buenos Aires to Madrid as well. French capable of it. Not sure how true but Cologne had a crack I think at Emirates a few years ago.

Was an interesting watch but I wish they wouldn't given an audience to scumbags who rioted or broke in without tickets.

Great watch - It's a bloody miracle nobody was killed. What a bunch of entitled twats, giving zero thought to the lives of others, in their quest to watch a game of football. Nothing justifies that level of inconsideration.

It also highlights the issues of dealing with large crowds. What starts of as a party atmosphere, very slow degenerates in to mob mentality through drink and drugs. Your usual arseholes will always be that, but in large crowds a huge number of generally sensible people start getting carried along and before you know it its chaos.

Some people will scream "the police should do better. The security should do better" but ultimately, the ONLY people to blame are those who allowed themselves to lose control.

And for the guy Dan, having seen the footage, to say he wasn't ashamed of his action, epitomises the mindset that seems to permeate society.
Agree with a lot of this.

The day started out as a celebration then the drunker people got their inhibitions start to go. Eventually you end up with serious bother because peoples emotions carried them away. Not to mention the group that had co-ordinated via social media that they were going to jook in because of the number of empty seats that there was going to be.

The guy who took 2 grand in cash to buy a ticket then jooked in behind somebody with the legit person being tackled by security should get lifted and prosecuted. I get where he's coming from with the lockdown stuff as the restrictions had only just been lifted in England for around a week so that day would have been like a pressure valve for a lot of people but it doesn't excuse the violence and criminality that went on. His justification for his own behaviour should see him get a chap at the door from plod.

It's sad when you end up with the Wembley Security people hoping that England lost in order to diffuse the situation outside as it would have been a cavalry charge at the turnstiles had they won. Then the usual idiots let themselves down with the abuse dished out to Rashford, Sancho and Saka for missing their penalties.

Chileans tried to do it at Maracana in 2014 World Cup. Copa Lib Final had to be moved from Buenos Aires to Madrid as well. French capable of it. Not sure how true but Cologne had a crack I think at Emirates a few years ago.
The disaster at AFCON involving Cameroon fans too. Football events have always caused people trying to pile in.

I was at the final, part of the problem getting in was once past a check point you had to find a steward again to verify your ticket on the app, before proceeding to turnstyle. Couldn’t find one for a good half hour once through and by then queue’s had backed right up.

Eventually got in but was mad the crowds who got through without any tickets. Never knew the full extent of it until later that night.
They got away with it in some regards because there was 20k empty seats. What would have happened if it was a normal sell out and the break ins happened and wembly was overcapacity. The match would likely have been postponed and played behind closed doors and the aftermath of a postponement would have been chaos

I think this highlights the fact that Wembley’s location isn’t fit for purpose.

Build a new national stadium on wasteland somewhere that’s miles from a town or city and have a rail link to it. Buses that you can only board if you have a ticket and car parks you can only use if you’ve pre booked and have a valid ticket.

Take away every opportunity for idiots to turn up.

The whole tournament was encouraged to be an alcohol loving nightmare, I remember that comedian Rob Beckett getting the 'isnt he funny and cuddly lying comitosed wearing a bucket hat and a Italia 90 DHGate top, ignoring his wife and young family all in the the name of Engerland and the sesh'
Yeah that's my memory of it too, the most booze fuelled tournament I can remember. Inevitable post lockdown rebound.

Just watched . Never relised it was as bad as it was . Opinion hasn't changed, England fans do there best to be fuckin eejits!

The halfwit who climbed onto the bus is so proud of himself that he is going to show his grandchildren , FF’s. What an achievement in life getting drunk and climbing on a bus.
The fans outside were just a bunch of self entitled twats wanting to be the star in their own home movie.

The halfwit who climbed onto the bus is so proud of himself that he is going to show his grandchildren , FF’s. What an achievement in life getting drunk and climbing on a bus.
The fans outside were just a bunch of self entitled twats wanting to be the star in their own home movie.
He was just carrying on the family tradition!

Finals should be on in the early afternoon. Absolutely no need for it to be on at 8 at night

I attended the final and spent the day drinking outside the ground from 1pm to kick off. Not once did I see a single bit of trouble inside or outside the ground. Typically, it has been over egged and overhyped by the English media. Only thing I saw was a fan near me who blatantly didn’t have a ticket and was seat surfing before KO. I laughed when I saw a billboard for this with the title - complete hyperbole.

I attended the final and spent the day drinking outside the ground from 1pm to kick off. Not once did I see a single bit of trouble inside or outside the ground. Typically, it has been over egged and overhyped by the English media. Only thing I saw was a fan near me who blatantly didn’t have a ticket and was seat surfing before KO. I laughed when I saw a billboard for this with the title - complete hyperbole.
Have you watched the documentary?

I never saw any trouble in Manchester either, having been at Albert Square all day before going to the game.

Back