The final sprint for the league title

Title race was done against Ross county.
Players bottled it as per usual.
I've been really negative since the RC/Dundee shambles' but you just never know what can happen in football.

I'm nit exactly getting my hopes up but we could be sitting only 1 point behind them, or even level, tonight. Just need to take it a week at a time and hope for the best.

Going by the first few replies to this, let's just hope the players have a bit more fight in them than some supporters. The guys selling Rangers merchandise outside the ground could make a fortune selling white flags, or cutting the 'no' off their 'no surrender' scarves. Any chance we can just get behind the team for the next month and see where it takes us?

We just have to go and try and win every game from now till the end and see where we end up. You never know what will happen I really don’t think they will win every game they look shaky but so do we.

Go out today get the 3 points and see what happens with them then onto next week.

Going by the first few replies to this, let's just hope the players have a bit more fight in them than some supporters. The guys selling Rangers merchandise outside the ground could make a fortune selling white flags, or cutting the 'no' off their 'no surrender' scarves. Any chance we can just get behind the team for the next month and see where it takes us?
They don't have that fight though, hence the reason we are now behind the scum with a worse goal difference.
Losing to a Ross county team that even Livingston managed to beat yesterday was catastrophic, the 'performance' against Dundee was just cowardly and embarrassing.

Would be great if the players had the no surrender attitude mate. Just look at the RC and Dundee games to see that they don’t. Having a go at bears who don’t trust these players is the wrong way to go about it.

We just have to go and try and win every game from now till the end and see where we end up. You never know what will happen I really don’t think they will win every game they look shaky but so do we.

Go out today get the 3 points and see what happens with them then onto next week.
They’ve an easy away game today against a Dundee side who took a point off us

I felt it was already blown when we flopped against the scum at Ibrox.
The Dundee draw was perhaps worse than the RC defeat. Guess you can never say for sure but I don't see them lose any points in any of their games other than against us.
However due to our reluctance all season to consider the possibility of goal differences it will probably make little difference.

My reply was a joke.

Going by the performances against Ross County and Dundee, it’s quite evident the players don’t have “a bit more fight in them”. They’ve blown this spectacularly.

Would be great if the players had the no surrender attitude mate. Just look at the RC and Dundee games to see that they don’t. Having a go at bears who don’t trust these players is the wrong way to go about it.
So that's it. 3 points behind with 15 to play for and we just chuck it? Everyone to their own, but that's not how I was brought up. Thankfully.

Looking on the bright side, did we bottle it at the correct time?

We do, or seem to do better chasing. We are chasing now for sure, will this suit the players mentality better?

We keep chasing until the end, then we need a perfectly timed slip up from them and you never know...

That is about as positive as i am managing right now tbh, even that was an effort. :confused:

WV11%20Helicopter%20Sunday-0001.JPG

Mate where was the fight when it mattered against the second worst team in league ?

They’ve an easy away game today against a Dundee side who took a point off us
Like I’ve said stranger things have happened on football and being over confident and cocky can be your downfall sometimes. Everyone has written us off now for the league and cup it appears

Looking on the bright side, did we bottle it at the correct time?

We do, or seem to do better chasing. We are chasing now for sure, will this suit the players mentality better?

We keep chasing until the end, then we need a perfectly timed slip up from them and you never know...

That is about as positive as i am managing right now tbh, even that was an effort. :confused:
wow that’s quite a take on the shit show we’ve put ourselves in.

Keevins was at it again yesterday with the reverse psychology pish. Auld Shug was predicting us to win and them to drop points at Dundee. He's been on a roll recently with it so he's persisting until it's wrapped up.

We have objective evidence, over the years, that a lot of this squad don’t have the mentality for it when it gets down to it.

We have objective evidence, over the years, that a lot of this squad don’t have the mentality for it when it gets down to it.
Yes we do. I've said it myself. I've also said there's only a handful of players in the current squad I'd be really disappointed to lose in summer. I've said we need a clearout and rebuild. That's not the point. The point is that this squad is what we have for the next month. So we have a choice of either getting right behind them for a few more games and see where it takes us, or just throw in the towel right now. Some have chosen to throw in the towel. That's entirely up to them. We're not favourites by any stretch from this position, but I've seen us win enough leagues, cups and big matches where we weren't favourites and from worse positions than this, so if it's ok with the doom mongers, I'll stick with it for a while longer.

I’m all one to support the team through it all.

But… the way we played that game doesn’t fill me with any confidence.

Wins a win and 3 points but just need more from the players.

Not that I think it will happen in a million years but it wouldn't surprise me if we beat the filth and still lose the league on difference.

We need to beat them at Parkhead and they either slip up again or we outscore them by a GD of 6 (minus however many we beat them by at Parkhead)

Can't see it myself but I'll watch in hope. We've looked cripplingly poor in defence in recent games and we've rarely scored more than 3 in a game throughout the whole season.

Celtic have looked shaky at times this season but they seem to know how to get a job done now that it's turned into a finale. We look scared in the headlights and having cracked under pressure.

We need to beat them at their place, hope they then slip up at Kilmarnock to set up a final day.

The team absolutely fucked it against Ross County and Dundee. If we somehow get back in front we'd be relying on them not bottling it at Tynecastle.

I think we needed them to slip up today or next Saturday really.

Hearts don’t have anything to play for so I was more hoping today.

Had we been able to go into the Old firm game one behind, then even a draw there and they’d be under huge pressure at Rugby Park.

But whilst the gap is 3 even a draw in that old firm game will probably seal it for them.

Back