The first minute

They don't care.
They get a hefty wage win, lose or draw.
They have no professional pride.
I'm sure when they look back on their time here there will be many what if moments.
I don't.

Due to the part you've said before that last line.

They get paid, they don't give a shìt.
How many times have we heard "we'll have learn from this" and then actually come out next game and performed?

our main tactic seems to be pump it long to an attacker up against two centre backs who will struggle to hold the ball up. The consequence is they easily win it back and play a long ball into the channels which we inevitably fail to deal with

We have massive problems all over the park, it’s staggering really. Not a single area you can look at (maybe goal keeper apart) and say we have the right personnel or set up there

They are all looking around at each other for leadership from others on the pitch and none take responsibility when times are hard! Happy to take credit when it’s going well and shy away from hard work when it’s required. Tav must have the least trophies of any Rangers captain! We’ve said it time and again, move these players on or Clement will be getting sacked soon enough!

The problem starts with Tav and his attitude, he is motivated purely by money, not medals.

Football is a job to him Win, lose or draw he doesn’t care as long as his £2million+ a year is in the bank.

The only emotion you see from Tav is when he scores. Watch him leading the team out for games, he has a look of not this again, almost every team we play their captain is motivating the team, nope not us.

We have full backs that are constantly caught up the park and a no midfielders at all. Any quick ball out wide and we are all over the place
I've said it before -- for having only one guy up front, with our defenders constantly in front of our defensive line, we STILL seem to be short-handed in midfield.

Last night I was watching Goldson at one point looking for somebody to pass to and it was like a hide and seek championship final.
Every Rangers player in front of him seemed to be standing behind an opponent.
Clement started going mental and motioning for movement.

But when the opposition attacks us, you have to wonder just exactly where all these Rangers players have been for the last few minutes.
They certainly haven't been endangering the other team's goalmouth.

As others have pointed out, 8 of our 11 last night came from English championship / they simply don’t have the mentality to handle the pressure of playing for Rangers.

A successful and winning Rangers is built from a core of Scottish players, a strong spine throughout the team with a captain who demands everything from his teammates and can rally them in tough situations.

This team has none of that - absolutely nothing - all of our Senior Players will have slept easy last night unlike many of us who live, sleep and breathe the Gers.

Sometimes we have to go 2 steps back to take 1 step forward - we need to begin trusting some of our youth - Rice, Fraser, McKinnon and invest in some of the best available Players who have a Scottish background or connection with Rangers - Barron, Miller, Shankland, McBurnie, McNair.

our main tactic seems to be pump it long to an attacker up against two centre backs who will struggle to hold the ball up. The consequence is they easily win it back and play a long ball into the channels which we inevitably fail to deal with

We have massive problems all over the park, it’s staggering really. Not a single area you can look at (maybe goal keeper apart) and say we have the right personnel or set up there
Agreed. So surely we have to ask questions of the management and coaching team. What was their gameplan last night. Seriously? The players are constantly letting us down but did anyone think that we had a proper plan or even changed / adapted throughout the game when it wasn’t going to plan, whatever that was?

They are all looking around at each other for leadership from others on the pitch and none take responsibility when times are hard! Happy to take credit when it’s going well and shy away from hard work when it’s required. Tav must have the least trophies of any Rangers captain! We’ve said it time and again, move these players on or Clement will be getting sacked soon enough!
Some of them were just getting the ball and playing the easiest safest pass they could and even that they struggled with. It was dire. So bad and unacceptable after Sunday. Do these players have a grasp on reality?

Some of them were just getting the ball and playing the easiest safest pass they could and even that they struggled with. It was dire. So bad and unacceptable after Sunday. Do these players have a grasp on reality?
How they can be pulled to a 2 point lead by the manager and then lack the desire, will and effort to even try is a just a mystery! The mentality is to revert back to the safe space and not have to actually achieve something! When we go to their ground they will have put the game to bed by half time and it will be party time in their stadium! It’s too many times now and it’s been unforgivable each time, clear them out!

They don't care.
I'm sure when they look back on their time here there will be many what if moments.

The majority of them are probably laughing all the way to the bank. The only regret some of them might have when leaving Rangers is that no other club is going to be daft enough to pay them what Rangers did.

All of the last 3 games we could have been 1-0 within the first minute...obviously we were actually 1-0 down against C*ltic

Last edited:
Goldson chasing that ball down the channel was comical, most of our team can barely run.
This is what i noticed. The majority of our team look like they are running through treacle. I could blame the pitch last night but it was the same v ross county anr dundee didnt seem to have the same problem. So often we get the ball in a position to drive forward, the player generally jog a few steps with it and an opponent catches us so we turn back and revert to passing it back to goldson to hoof it up the park. Its soul destroying football.

How they can be pulled to a 2 point lead by the manager and then lack the desire, will and effort to even try is a just a mystery! The mentality is to revert back to the safe space and not have to actually achieve something! When we go to their ground they will have put the game to bed by half time and it will be party time in their stadium! It’s too many times now and it’s been unforgivable each time, clear them out!
Agreed. I hope we can manage to rebuild the side in the summer.
Players who I would sign and within reach
Shankland (no brainer)
Mioviski (£4m but build his profile in Europe over 3 years and should be able to make hefty profit on what would be a proven 27yr old striker come that point)
Spittal (£1m maybe)
Boyle (£1m)
I would expect PC has some lined up in Belgian, French and Dutch market
Then look in Asia for some bargains, why not?

Out of contract (massive wage bill will be available as a result)
Balogun (I would give him a 1yr extension)
Borna
McGlaughlin
Lundtsrum
Jack
Roofe
Sima (loan ends, if we can somehow find the funds we should sign him)
Silva
Cortes (don’t know whether we are able to buy him but from what he showed I would sign him)

Sell
Goldson
Tav

Obviously we need to be smarter with whatever deals we offer new players.

the level of concentration in our team has been a problem for sometime now, we can well remember games at the piggery when they get a throw in or free kick and its taken swiftly and we are caught out and chasing back, even the other week , we drag ourselves back into the game with an equaliser,then immediately concede, its shear unprofessionalism on display time and time again with our lot

Shankland (no brainer)
Mioviski (£4m but build his profile in Europe over 3 years and should be able to make hefty profit on what would be a proven 27yr old striker come that point)
Spittal (£1m maybe)
Boyle (£1m)

Borna
McGlaughlin
Lundtsrum
Jack
Roofe
Silva
Cortes (don’t know whether we are able to buy him but from what he showed I would sign him)

Sell
Goldson
Tav

Players with a desire to win and don’t let things get in their head!

Shankland (no brainer)
Spittal (£1m maybe)
Boyle (£1m)

Borna
McGlaughlin
Lundtsrum
Jack
Roofe
Silva

Sell
Goldson
Tav

Spittal has already signed for Hearts

It's shocking.

Even Butland is looking nervy at times, it's that bad it's spread to him because he doesn't trust what is in front of him.

Hearts must be licking their lips at the thought of facing us this weekend.
If that shot in the first minute had been slightly more on target it was a goal with Butland well beaten.

He reminded me of the gas meter, going down in stages.

Even our best player of the season is now looking average.

As others have pointed out, 8 of our 11 last night came from English championship / they simply don’t have the mentality to handle the pressure of playing for Rangers.

A successful and winning Rangers is built from a core of Scottish players, a strong spine throughout the team with a captain who demands everything from his teammates and can rally them in tough situations.

This team has none of that - absolutely nothing - all of our Senior Players will have slept easy last night unlike many of us who live, sleep and breathe the Gers.

Sometimes we have to go 2 steps back to take 1 step forward - we need to begin trusting some of our youth - Rice, Fraser, McKinnon and invest in some of the best available Players who have a Scottish background or connection with Rangers - Barron, Miller, Shankland, McBurnie, McNair.
Others are wrong, only 4 of our starting 11 came from Championship sides, Tav, Cantwell, Lawrence., Lundstram.

They don't care.
All these things, and it can’t be coached into them either. Bad attitudes, laziness etc. definitely no pride. The day after these results and the fans are still raging but these bastards roll into training in their Lamborghinis etc laughing and joking with not a care in the world.
I’ll be surprised if they even care what the fans say because in their eyes they’re the professionals and the fans have no idea what they’re talking about

Another one we have missed the boat on
Thoughts on others?
I expect pelters but I would have Shankland and Miovski in a heartbeat.Two good players who are proven in the league and I don't think Boyle is a bad shout.
If we can afford Sima then happy days.
I'd let go of everyone you say apart from Tav.Take the captaincy off him and see if it eases any pressure on him

I expect pelters but I would have Shankland and Miovski in a heartbeat.Two good players who are proven in the league and I don't think Boyle is a bad shout.
If we can afford Sima then happy days.
I'd let go of everyone you say apart from Tav.Take the captaincy off him and see if it eases any pressure on him
Good shout. Butland for captain?

Why are we not learning?
Got caught out against the filth , both County and Dundee almost scored I can’t believe the attitude of some of our players
Because we have a captain with zero inspirational qualities that prefers his team mates to just ease themselves into games. Early Sunday kick offs are far worse. Especially going to Pittodrie where despite us knowing the Sheep will fly out the traps, we always go for a passive start.

If that shot in the first minute had been slightly more on target it was a goal with Butland well beaten.

He reminded me of the gas meter, going down in stages.

Even our best player of the season is now looking average.
We've somehow dragged him down to our level

We have full backs that are constantly caught up the park and a no midfielders at all. Any quick ball out wide and we are all over the place

Some of the positions Dundee players found themselves in in and around our box because our full backs were either pushed up and there was no cover from midfield, or because our wingers didn’t track back was absolutely fucking scandalous.

The problem starts with Tav and his attitude, he is motivated purely by money, not medals.

Football is a job to him Win, lose or draw he doesn’t care as long as his £2million+ a year is in the bank.

The only emotion you see from Tav is when he scores. Watch him leading the team out for games, he has a look of not this again, almost every team we play their captain is motivating the team, nope not us.

What a lot of utter fucking jobby

It completely sets the tone and we seem to struggle to recover,
Every single time in recent years we have gone to Pittodrie and despite knowing they will fly out the trap. We choose to just ease ourselves into the game.
It gives the Sheep instant belief.
The difference with us and the scum up there is that they don't give the sheep a minute to settle in.

It’s not a new thing.

Remember the towards the end of Gerrard’s tenure we conceded the a goal in the first ten minutes or so in almost every single game.

You don’t need to be a genius to figure out who other common denominators are.

This. Goldson running the other night looked like he had his legs tied together. I’m 45 and reckon I could have outpaced him at Dens Park. Looks spent.

That’s been coming. I said back in February our over reliance on Tavernier, Goldson and Lundstram could come back and bite us. Clement rotated every other outfield position except those three. Not to mention that over the last 5-6 seasons Tav & Goldson have played almost every minute of every game and Lundstram in the time he’s been here. We’ve run them into the ground.

I would tell them that if we are taking the kick off, put the ball as far downfield as near as possible to the other team's corner flag for a shy and then start pressing them from there.

Don’t have the energy for a tit for tat but if Tav was only interested in money he wouldn’t have spent 8 seasons in Scotland.

Back