The first minute

I expect pelters but I would have Shankland and Miovski in a heartbeat.Two good players who are proven in the league and I don't think Boyle is a bad shout.
If we can afford Sima then happy days.
I'd let go of everyone you say apart from Tav.Take the captaincy off him and see if it eases any pressure on him
Shankland, Miovski and Boyle
Silva Dessers Sima
There's no real choice there.

Yep. OP is correct

Players are like rabbits caught in the headlights

Look scared imo

Their confidence is shattered

As others have pointed out, 8 of our 11 last night came from English championship / they simply don’t have the mentality to handle the pressure of playing for Rangers.

A successful and winning Rangers is built from a core of Scottish players, a strong spine throughout the team with a captain who demands everything from his teammates and can rally them in tough situations.

This team has none of that - absolutely nothing - all of our Senior Players will have slept easy last night unlike many of us who live, sleep and breathe the Gers.

Sometimes we have to go 2 steps back to take 1 step forward - we need to begin trusting some of our youth - Rice, Fraser, McKinnon and invest in some of the best available Players who have a Scottish background or connection with Rangers - Barron, Miller, Shankland, McBurnie, McNair.
The fact we didn’t go for Ferguson or Shankland was ridiculous. The 9 in a row team had a solid spine of Scots Bears and we were always looking to buy the best from the rest (bar the paedos). For some reason, and despite the fact we’re shite by comparison these days, we’re now turning our noses up at Scottish talent. Many, if not most, on here are the same.

Why are we not learning?
Got caught out against the filth , both County and Dundee almost scored I can’t believe the attitude of some of our players
To be fair, it’s always been an issue for us for some reason. Going back to our very first CL campaign I remember Leeds scoring in the 1st minute then almost doing the same in the return, CSKA away was the same and I’ve lost count of the early goals or chances that mob have had over the years

Goldson chasing that ball down the channel was comical, most of our team can barely run.
I really noticed that during Dundee game.
Goldson looked…. Different.
At one point he really was struggling to run ~ so obviously different from before.
What’s the issue? Older? Not fit?

Yep - and Tav said after Ross County the team would learn from it. That went well.
It's just platitudes now.

What exactly was there to "learn" from the performance against Ross County that wasn't already apparent to the players? That playing with no urgency and no confidence maybe isn't a very good idea after all? That you cannot simply turn up, phone it in and somehow expect to win, even if it is against a side in the bottom two?

Go back further. Why weren't any lessons learnt after the defeats to Celtic earlier in the season? Or the defeat at home to Motherwell?

We could have learnt those lessons, and then gone up to Dingwall and destroyed County, then gone and destroyed Dundee as well.

Why didn't we? Why aren't Tavernier and all the rest of them unable to learn these lessons?

Time's up. Get rid of them all.

I've said it before -- for having only one guy up front, with our defenders constantly in front of our defensive line, we STILL seem to be short-handed in midfield.

Last night I was watching Goldson at one point looking for somebody to pass to and it was like a hide and seek championship final.
Every Rangers player in front of him seemed to be standing behind an opponent.
Clement started going mental and motioning for movement.

But when the opposition attacks us, you have to wonder just exactly where all these Rangers players have been for the last few minutes.
They certainly haven't been endangering the other team's goalmouth.
I agree, the midfield is sadly lacking, don’t know what’s going on. We have no purpose going forward and even less when required to defend !! This heaps pressure on both attack and defence !! Diomande seems to be a big miss ?!

I really noticed that during Dundee game.
Goldson looked…. Different.
At one point he really was struggling to run ~ so obviously different from before.
What’s the issue? Older? Not fit?
Perhaps playing with an injury ?? Maybe he is going beyond the threshold…unlike others …I don’t know, just guessing.

It sets the tone seemingly. It was the same against Motherwell. If we start poorly, we really struggle to play our way in to a game.

Last edited:
Back