The Goalie

Never ever thought I would see a better Rangers goalie than Goram.
I have in McGregor. His save in Prague was up there among the greatest ever saves.
Did we not pay a million for Ginsburg?

Anyone who has any other goalie above Goram, didn't see Goram play at his peak.

It's that simple for me. Goram 1st, Woods 2nd, and McGregor/Klos in joint 3rd for me. All tremendous keepers and we have seriously been lucky.

Came on to post the same order.

Andy Goram for me is the best keeper we have had in modern times, a phenominal goalkeeper, we have been very blessed with outstanding keepers.

When I was watching the Brondby game on Thursday I though that McGregor was moving like an old guy especially in the last 10 mins., stiff and slow.
Time catches up with all of us.

McLaughlin is a good replacement. If we have money to spend in the next two windows it certainly won't be spent on a goalkeeper. Central defence and midfield are far greater priorities.

I'd even say Charbonnier was better than anything the Filth have had over the same period.
We do exceptionally well with goalkeepers.

Check the video above your post. Check his medal haul while you're at it.

I don't need to "PROVE" anything as you put it. I seen them all in the flesh.
Searched YouTube for Broadfoot Rangers highlights, this was what came up.

Walter knew fine well

Shagger, IMO he is the best keeper we have had in recent times.

Shagger, Goram, Woods, Klos. Is the order would have them in, Im sure others will differ.

However the thread is about Shaggers replacement. He now rarely plays two games in a week it seem, so father time is clearly catching him up sadly.

Who do we sign as replacement? Do we sign one or go with the two we have McCrorie and McLaughlin.

I say we go for Seigrist, again this season he is proving last season was no flash in the pan. Would be cheap and easy to get done.
Goram is the best. Agree re Seigrist.

Our goalkeepers over the past 30-40 years have been outstanding (few in the lower leagues aside).

For me Goram is our greatest ever.

I think age is catching up with McGregor who has been phenomenal for us, in my opinion he has been at fault for a few goals this season, not just Hearts equaliser. McLaughlin has done well anytime he has played and I think his distribution and command of his area are significantly better than McGregor's.

Someone above said Seigrist available on a free, I don't watch Dundee United often enough to have a great opinion but what I have seem of him has been good. Very commanding and good shot stopper.

Anyone who has any other goalie above Goram, didn't see Goram play at his peak.

It's that simple for me. Goram 1st, Woods 2nd, and McGregor/Klos in joint 3rd for me. All tremendous keepers and we have seriously been lucky.
You’ll struggle to find instances of Goram dropping clangers akin to hearts the other week, and you’ll struggle even more to find any instance of him messing up against Celtic.

Love McGregor, but Goram stands head and shoulders above the rest. But recency bias and all that…

Our goalkeepers over the past 30-40 years have been outstanding (few in the lower leagues aside).

For me Goram is our greatest ever.

I think age is catching up with McGregor who has been phenomenal for us, in my opinion he has been at fault for a few goals this season, not just Hearts equaliser. McLaughlin has done well anytime he has played and I think his distribution and command of his area are significantly better than McGregor's.

Someone above said Seigrist available on a free, I don't watch Dundee United often enough to have a great opinion but what I have seem of him has been good. Very commanding and good shot stopper.
Can’t believe the shettlestons never went for the Utd keeper , going for barkas and hart instead

Back