The Greatest Main Stand in Football

WLF

It just is

EJfJM1hWwAcOTxY.jpg

A very, very special place. I knew a posh, dyed in the wool Celtic family who were guests of Bain through our Tennent’s sponsorship. We used to have a bit of good natured banter. The lady of the house could not have been more in awe of the architecture. I did feel a sense of pride when she was telling me about her visit.

Had a photo come up the other day in my memories on my phone. Taken from a similar angle to the one in the OP. Just sat looking at it thinking how sometimes you take for granted how special that main stand is when you see it every other week.

Photo in question, took it before the USG game. Really nice night, it looks almost golden when the sun hits it.

Any really good black and white versions of this available to buy?

I have a copy of the original architect style drawings that I need to get framed, but a nice black and white finished article would be cool.

Any really good black and white versions of this available to buy?

I have a copy of the original architect style drawings that I need to get framed, but a nice black and white finished article would be cool.
I recently bought a black and white canvas off ebay, it is a belter 960mm x 550mm photo taken from the Broomloan end, shows the back of the Broomloan, the good gates and most of the Main Stand.
I will get my daughter to post a picture of it later, but search using.

Glasgow Rangers Ibrox Stadium Wall Art Print

Style 3 is the bw big one, it was 68 pounds ish but worth every penny.

It's the greatest sight that I have ever seen

It sure is.

IMHO the one good thing that SDM should be praised for is the addition of the Top Deck. From both inside the ground and outside, it has greatly enhanced the look and grandeur of the Stand.

Had a photo come up the other day in my memories on my phone. Taken from a similar angle to the one in the OP. Just sat looking at it thinking how sometimes you take for granted how special that main stand is when you see it every other week.

Photo in question, took it before the USG game. Really nice night, it looks almost golden when the sun hits it.

That USG game, we were in Copland Rear, could hardly see a thing until the sun set behind the Broomloan.

Great photo!

I took that very photo on my phone one night after FFIT, played about with the colouring & stuck it on Twitter.

I also made it into a canvas for Stevie at 4Lads for a Charity Raffle he was organising, turned out not bad!

Absolutely brilliant

Back