The gulf is there for all to see

I am not worried, their time will come and they do have the better squad right now which is clearly evident but we will strengthen with bosmans and we will eventually have merchandise money coming in. We haven't even started building our squad whilst their squad has pretty much been the same for at least 5 seasons.

You get what you pay for.

They will always be ahead of us by a distance until something happens on a huge scale, in other words they have an unprecedented decline or we are taken over by a billionaire.

It's going to be a very long slog. They will rack
up title after title.

We just haven't I dig in, support the club and be there for when the day finally comes when we finally get back to the top of the tree.

You're not going to close the gap in 1 single transfer window, it'll take a few and a fair bit of cash spent. The only concern I have is the outlay we've had on certain players this window and so far they haven't justified the money spent on them. In our position, every penny literally has to count.

Aye let's do a whip-round to pay them.

Do you not understand where we are as a club ?

Yes I do but if we had a proper manager he pays for himself re Europe and bringing on players and so on we have made bold choice in Pedro it hasn't worked gas it?

Going to take a proper manager first and foremost.

When will people realise being a manager isn't just about signing players? Each manager needs to sign about 20 players over 3 transfer windows before he can be properly judged, apparently. Well Rodgers signed 3 and totally transformed them.

We gambled, it isn't working. It doesn't look like working. Be pragmatic. Giving it time for time's sake won't resolve it. There need to be better indicators of improvement than records lost, Euro humiliations and multiple hours to beat Partick.

Many just don't realise where we stand as a club. We dont have pocketful of cash to compete

You're not going to close the gap in 1 single transfer window, it'll take a few and a fair bit of cash spent. The only concern I have is the outlay we've had on certain players this window and so far they haven't justified the money spent on them. In our position, every penny literally has to count.

Agreed mate

When will people realise being a manager isn't just about signing players? Each manager needs to sign about 20 players over 3 transfer windows before he can be properly judged, apparently. Well Rodgers signed 3 and totally transformed them.

We gambled, it isn't working. It doesn't look like working. Be pragmatic. Giving it time for time's sake won't resolve it. There need to be better indicators of improvement than records lost, Euro humiliations and multiple hours to beat Partick.

Also being a manager is making players better and being able to adapt and set sides up Pedro has neither imo.

The financial gulf is obvious and won't be rectified any time soon but there is also a huge gulf in the refereeing and reporting of all our games.

I don't think refs are conciously cheating but decades of abuse on and off the park have led to the now- default position to always give the benefit of the doubt for Celtic and against Rangers - in any game.

Far from reporting dubious decisions the media have the same default position as the refs, worse really as more than half of them are Celtic fans to begin with.

And the authorities are either in thrall to Celtic or afraid of them or, worse, like Regan who in his early days in charge referred to the " Acknowledged historical bias against Celtic."

The first half performance was an improvement from last season against them. Playing Pena was a mistake, as bad as a man down. We had a makeshift defence and got no decisions from the Referee. Not for the first time this season.

We sit far too deep and back off, inviting them on to us. They pressed us high up the pitch and closed us down whenever we had the ball.

We did the same against Thistle, sitting in and standing off with the end result being that we concede. We need to lift the tempo, press higher up the park and don't let then Swan about like they're Barcelona.

We made them look better than they are.

The biggest gulf is between their wide players and our full backs they were dangerous every single time Roberts or Sinclair had the ball. I appreciate that Hudson is probably third choice LB but neither he not tav put in any decent sort of challenges today. Was far too easy for them to get in.
Without doubt that's the difference. Sinclair and Roberts starts for us it's a game turned on it's head

The first half performance was an improvement from last season against them. Playing Pena was a mistake, as bad as a man down. We had a makeshift defence and got no decisions from the Referee. Not for the first time this season.

We sit far too deep and back off, inviting them on to us. They pressed us high up the pitch and closed us down whenever we had the ball.

We did the same against Thistle, sitting in and standing off with the end result being that we concede. We need to lift the tempo, press higher up the park and don't let then Swan about like they're Barcelona.

We made them look better than they are.
I don't disagree with you mate, but it was a High press that led to the 2nd.

We need to find decent money from somewhere to close the gap?

Yup increasingly this is what I think. The way modern football is even a genius manager (if you could find one that would come to Rangers) wouldn't be able to overhaul them with that current squad. Even when the bheasts caught up with us under O'Squeal (I don't count their fluke one off Jansen win that stopped 9 in a row) it took spending similar money to bring them level.

For all we slag the EPL at least they have a situation where several clubs are able to operate on the same level financially. Whereas in Scottish football we have only one team that can win the league.

Dare I say it but the injury crisis leading up to this game was always going to buy Pedro more time - a spirited performance has just ensured that.

Looks like another rinse and repeat season from last season - let's just hope things pick up in the run up to Christmas but let's face it this league campaign is over even earlier than last season and Warburton didn't get the same cash as Pedro ... so go figure.

The fact is Walter would have these players playing tight as a drum at the back but no lessons seem to be learned. Walter got to the eufa cup final with Dailly, Broadfoot etc because he knew how to set them up and they played for him. There's the first lesson.

The fact is Walter would have these players playing tight as a drum at the back but no lessons seem to be learned. Walter got to the eufa cup final with Dailly, Broadfoot etc because he knew how to set them up and they played for him. There's the first lesson.
The squads and financial spending were at a similar level then. Put Walter against Rodgers with an equally matched squad and I'd back Walter every time.

I do agree better defensive organisation is something that can be done to at least keep most matches against them tight, however that alone is never going to win leagues.

I am assuming King is doing something behind the scenes to try and bring money into Rangers? That's what we need. We also need the board to try something different when it comes to appointing a manager.

You can F off with the slating the manager pish.
Who do you want in as manager then?

He is correct.

Pedro can’t even string 3 wins together.

As for a new manager it has to be the best we can afford and those who appointed Warburton and Pedro shouldn’t be picking the new manager.

This guy like the last should not be near managing a team our size despite our problems.

The sad truth of it. We are miles behind them. They didn't even play well. Hearing interviews after the game is tough. We didn't match them in the first half. If we had been in behind them the number of times they were in the first half i'd have been raging not to be at least one up. Its very difficult to accept but this is the new reality; and its fucking awful.

To be honest I've been one of pedros greatest critics but I don't really see how anyone can blame him today? What would the FF masterminds have done differently?
First goal is a lucky goal, second I've not seen.
Granted they were poor and still comfortably won, but that's simply because every player that have is better than every player we have.
None of our players even get in their match day squad, their entire squad walks into ours. Simple as that

He is correct.

Pedro can’t even string 3 wins together.

As for a new manager it has to be the best we can afford and those who appointed Warburton and Pedro shouldn’t be picking the new manager.

This guy like the last should not be near managing a team our size despite our problems.
So who do you reckon is the best we can afford?

We've got the players in the squad to establish ourselves at least as the clear 2nd best team in Scotland. We're not even achieving that so far.

That tells me that our priority should be a new manager. A proper rangers man who can make these players give their all every game.

We are in a work in progress. There is no quick fix. We should accept now that there has been progress and look towards the future.
A proper Rangers man.....please.....let go of the past and realise what we are at the moment. A club in their 2nd season in the premier league after a 4-5 year absence!

So who do you reckon is the best we can afford?

As I am not sitting in charge of the figures how can I say that??

However the Board have fucked up spectacularly with the last 2 appointments.
We need to appoint a quality manager and pay him decent cash.
I don’t want a McInnes or the St Johnstone manager even though I know they are better managers than Pedro. O Neill at N Ireland would also be an improvement.
I would prefer someone with FDB experience despite Crystal Palace.
However unless this Board finds decent funds I don’t see us getting near them for a decade. They would need to appoint a shit manager like Delia to %^*& it up.

However Pedro can’t even string a handful of wins together and we have been awful since he took over and we can’t even get past Aberdeen in the league never mind Celtic.

As I am not sitting in charge of the figures how can I say that??

However the Board have fucked up spectacularly with the last 2 appointments.
We need to appoint a quality manager and pay him decent cash.
I don’t want a McInnes or the St Johnstone manager even though I know they are better managers than Pedro. O Neill at N Ireland would also be an improvement.
I would prefer someone with FDB experience despite Crystal Palace.
However unless this Board finds decent funds I don’t see us getting near them for a decade. They would need to appoint a shit manager like Delia to %^*& it up.

However Pedro can’t even string a handful of wins together and we have been awful since he took over and we can’t even get past Aberdeen in the league never mind Celtic.
Mcinnes and wright are better managers? Ok then....I'm out of here

They have better players who also appear to be fitter and faster than our team.They also seem a bigger team but that could be my eyes deceiving me.

Back