The Heysel disaster, caused by the SAS.

I know social media can be bonkers at the best of times.
But this Liverpool fan and others, seem to believe that the death of fans at the 1985 European Cup final was the work of the British government who used the armed forces?
I had never heard this conspiracy theory before.
Others seem to indicate that fans of other clubs went to Belgium to cause mayhem to make Liverpool look bad?
Does anyone know non Liverpool fans that were there and what was the experience?
I saw one bloke saying a guy with a kilt started it and ran away. They are getting more like the Kerry fail nutters daily and I in general dont mind Scousers but they are drawing a long bow here

An absolutely delusional take on events at Heysel.

On a personal note, which many will no doubt share, the awful events of that night which unfolded live on national television 39 years ago, are still as vivid today as they were then.
I was a 13 year old kid watching it on tv and I still think about that fan being interviewed on the pitch during all the carnage and someone smacking a brick off the back of his head at close range.

39 dead and all English clubs banned for 6 years with Liverpool fans found ultimately responsible.
And we have this.The adoption of victim status and being hard done to isnt the sole
right of possession for the green and grey alone it seems.Extreme by any standard.
I remember a time when my perception of Liverpool and Liverpool FC as a football team was normal and positive. I was a lot younger then tbf.

The further away from social media you can get, the better.

FF is literally the only thing I am on and that's mainly for Rangers and a laugh
^^^ this^^^ and a WhatsApp group for jokes. Which seemed to have dried up since the snp hate law was introduced.

It certainly isn’t me.I’ve put on my 24hr disappearing messages. Can never be to careful. ;) Some
of the stuff I’ve sent (in the past) I’d be doing bird until I’m in my 80’s.
Some of the group chats I'm in are funny, the military aren't really known for criminal banter though... :rolleyes: B-D

I remember being in and seeing him. Didn’t drink in it a lot. Wandered around all the pubs, there was plenty back in the day. Keystane was my fav.
I remember being in the Mermaid circa 1981/82 before a game at the piggery and my young brother was looking for a ticket. He was delighted to get one for face value but it was not until we were nearly at the ground ( Bears used to walk it up London Road back then) and he took it out his pocket he noticed the player in the picture on the ticket was the bold Shug.

( All rattler tickets back then had a background picture of a previous game)

On closer inspection through a drunken haze we saw it was a brief from 1978.

Back