The influence of Stewart Robertson or lack thereof.

I think the board is fine.
The group i liked going back 30 odd years was souness,smith, holmes and campbell ogilvie.
No one would have tread on our toes nowadays.

It's not been for the lack of trying to get rid of Doncaster on our part though mate.

Robertson (and our board) regularly call him out for his incompetence and did it again as recently as our AGM.

However, as long as the majority of clubs support Doncaster, there's little we can do.

We only have one vote, like everyone else.
Something many on here fail to grasp.we could have put out 20 statements since yesterday and it makes no difference if we are out voted.we all know who it will be spun if we are the only club putting out a statement saying we are voting no to having the break early.

Not a pop at the board, but it genuinely feels like Ross County has more clout in this league than we do. A product of sitting back and trying to "be the bigger man" for want of a better phrase.
You are confusing noise with clout mate which means nothing. Rangers as a board will be dealing with this in a professional manner. I would prefer they done that than mouth stuff publicly.

He maybe very able but we need someone with a bit of personality. We are the biggest Club in the country and should be taking the lead in matters like this not sitting back meekly

Where’s the catastrophe? Genuine question, where is all this madness coming from?
Possibly should've been clearer. If you listen to certain people the world is about to end. For me personally the games go on as no fans will be in before March anyway, so the argument of fans doesn't stack up.

It's not been for the lack of trying to get rid of Doncaster on our part though mate.

Robertson (and our board) regularly call him out for his incompetence and did it again as recently as our AGM.

However, as long as the majority of clubs support Doncaster, there's little we can do.

We only have one vote, like everyone else.
This 100%, The shite bags that run our game cant take a decision alone,
They invented this vote scenario, letting them wash their hands of any decisions. Letting the tims brain wash other clubs.
I cant believe that some of our fans cant see this, then, have a pop at our board.

Last edited:
Very possibly - but many of those will have a character and personality to evolve into that position. I don't think Robertson has ever made the role what it needs to be.

I believe Robertson would be best suited to the financial controller role at Rangers as opposed to the MD. I've been hoping for a new MD/CEO for a while now.

We need a leader at the club.
It’s not a fair comparison. FTSE250 companies like WH Smith and Greggs don’t have to deal with governing bodies where the odds are stacked against them at every turn.

Obviously Douglas Park was behind the cinch business so not sure how much credit Stewart Robertson can take from that.

He comes across as a decent man and I’m sure he would be better suited to a role that plays on his strengths ie finance.

A different skill set is required to lead Rangers through this difficult period. Diplomat and poker player for starters.

The Rangers board and management have been fighting for us for years. We go to court and complain to the SPL and SFA but with other clubs against us to it is a hopeless case.

There is one thing we can do that will sicken the lot of them and that is win on the park. Win the league and cups and do well in Europe. If we do that then they are defeated no matter what they try.

Keep the scum below us for the next ten years and nobody can touch us and we can remind then each week that we are the top club in the country and the world.

No matter how Rangers approach this we can all too readily be accused of wanting to take advantage of a weakened Celtic on 2nd Jan. And its not us who stand to lose the 60k crowd. Guaranteed if everything was the other way around, game at Ibrox, them on top of league, there would be no discussion whatsoever...we'd just be getting on with it. The sleekit ones are doing what they do best....trying to rig the game off the pitch to their advantage. Last year I thought 55 would be our best title yet, maybe I was wrong....56 might be.

The unilateral decision by Celtc to ask for postponements of games, soon followed by their nodding dogs, has nothing to do with public health or safety, mate. Holyrood has stated that games can go ahead as planned. There is nothing to stop fixtures being fulfilled, absolutely nothing, apart from Celtc's injury list.
I know that and agree with you, but that is what they will say to slate us!

They will use that point to make us look bad!

You are confusing noise with clout mate which means nothing. Rangers as a board will be dealing with this in a professional manner. I would prefer they done that than mouth stuff publicly.
I hope so mate, we have to take a stand on this issue.

I initially thought we should have came out and said something, but we know from experience that if Rangers say black the rest of Scottish football say white, so probably better to keep the discussions in house.
We should 100% have said something, there’s no way that fans will be allowed in to stadiums 3 weeks from now but the narrative has been set.

We could easily have released a statement saying we will only agree to an early shut down if they guarantee fans are allowed back in at the end of it.

It’s too late now though because as usual we’ve shat it.

No matter how Rangers approach this we can all too readily be accused of wanting to take advantage of a weakened Celtic on 2nd Jan. And its not us who stand to lose the 60k crowd. Guaranteed if everything was the other way around, game at Ibrox, them on top of league, there would be no discussion whatsoever...we'd just be getting on with it. The sleekit ones are doing what they do best....trying to rig the game off the pitch to their advantage. Last year I thought 55 would be our best title yet, maybe I was wrong....56 might be.
The sleekit ones are the clowns reducing football crowds based on no scientific matrix whatsoever.

Releasing statements for the sake of it or to grandstand to our support means nothing to me. I do think the club needs to rethink its strategy with communication with the support and our shambolic approach to media relations.

Something many on here fail to grasp.we could have put out 20 statements since yesterday and it makes no difference if we are out voted.we all know who it will be spun if we are the only club putting out a statement saying we are voting no to having the break early.
I think there's two issues being conflated. I know we are in a tight spot due to the voting, but to not even address the fans is disappointing.

The SPFL board is littered with people terrified of upsetting Lawwell. Listen to Alan Burrows last night for example who was all for bringing the winter break forward and extending the season if possible yet 2 seasons ago he contradicted what he said last night. Robertson is fighting a losing battle on that board I'm not sure what people expect him to do given how rotten to the core it is.

It is just daft to expect the club to conduct it's business in public. We can't know what is going on between club chairmen. We may be able to exert some influence in private. Whatever, the outcome it is, in my good opinion of the board, beyond question that they have a strategy and objectives. FFS Dougie Park didn't get where he is today without vision and planning. Choosing battles you can win, acquiring allies and not losing face are important. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Until I see/hear compelling first hand evidence of lack of competence/failure I'll not be criticising board or SR.

It’s as simple as this the manky mob threw every penny they had at the holy grail 10 with players wages etc we absolutely destroyed them on the park and fu……ked what they have left of a brain When we done 55.They now need that champions league money to survive more than ever or it’s bye bye Japanese eye and George Michael etc 56 will finish these cu….ts for many a year and they know it hence why they are using every trick in book to get it IE CHEATING AGAIN !

It’s not a fair comparison. FTSE250 companies like WH Smith and Greggs don’t have to deal with governing bodies where the odds are stacked against them at every turn.

Obviously Douglas Park was behind the cinch business so not sure how much credit Stewart Robertson can take from that.

He comes across as a decent man and I’m sure he would be better suited to a role that plays on his strengths ie finance.

A different skill set is required to lead Rangers through this difficult period. Diplomat and poker player for starters.
Yes, i see him as a decent guy.

However i have never felt he has been comfortable in the role of MD at Rangers. He doesn't seem at ease in front if the camera or speaking publicly and there have been numerous occasions where I feel he has been weak in his words and actions.

Why is he sitting on the SPFL Board if it’s corrupt and he can’t change anything? Pointless guy tbh
It puts you on the inside which is better than not being

I'm not sure what people are expecting yes we could get someone else with charisma manipulative, deceitful but its a short term option only

We are out of the fold for best part of 5 or 6 years while strong relationships were built you don't really break that what you do is build your own relationships and work with the newer ones.

We made the biggest mistake not pushing for the lower league to refuse the take over by spfl and looking to negotiate a deal their for tv sky bt etc would have paid well for it.

Then when they vote Donkey to stay was another mistake.

Which means all we can do is keep going for them the cinch deal is a perfect opportunity.

Doesn’t really matter who is in the chair it’s simple maths in that our votes counts as 1.

Tims have done a number on the other clubs and have them falling in line with them every vote.

It’s not popular, but you have to start building bridges with other clubs and winning support.

Can’t see any other realistic way forward. We lose every single vote without fail.

Can I ask folk what they want him to do if most other clubs will bend over to Celtics every whim?
Speak out on our behalf all we hear is what the filth do or are proposing fight our corner FFS the daily rheba'sl so called journalists have said more on our behalf than our board , make a club statement so the Rangers supporters know what way the club is thinking they only seem to converse with the support when they lacked money to rebuild the club 40 odd thousand have the right to know what the club are doing about it & that's just the ST holders , the silence from the club also shuts us out as a support we have to know what line Rangers are taken on this .

Doesn’t really matter who is in the chair it’s simple maths in that our votes counts as 1.

Tims have done a number on the other clubs and have them falling in line with them every vote.

It’s not popular, but you have to start building bridges with other clubs and winning support.

Can’t see any other realistic way forward. We lose every single vote without fail.
Yeah & our support continues to throw money at these very same clubs starve them of the blue pound it's the only way to get other teams on board .

Ffs the other clubs literally voted Hearts out of the league and at the 1st chance they are lifting their skirt to appease the scum. Absolutely hope that clubs suffer for this. What happens in 3 weeks when fans still not in? Another postponement? For how long? When do they call the league? As they will need to to access prize money.

Speak out on our behalf all we hear is what the filth do or are proposing fight our corner FFS the daily rheba'sl so called journalists have said more on our behalf than our board , make a club statement so the Rangers supporters know what way the club is thinking they only seem to converse with the support when they lacked money to rebuild the club 40 odd thousand have the right to know what the club are doing about it & that's just the ST holders , the silence from the club also shuts us out as a support we have to know what line Rangers are taken on this .
That's not now solely down to Robertson to do though the board members above him tell him what to do it's up to them if they want to release anything not him

That he has a fleet of tanks ready to be manned by Rangers fans for storming Hampden and Holyrood if Rangers do not get our way.
No just let the Rangers supporters know what we as a club are saying/doing as a support we are in the dark .

That's not now solely down to Robertson to do though the board members above him tell him what to do it's up to them if they want to release anything not him
It's the board collectively we know he is just the voice & not a strong one at that .

Whenever something as catastrophic as this happens we get the usual don't take their tickets / boycott them. I would love it if we really pushed that button now. Let's be honest, we are at the lowest ebb in terms on negotiation power with the rest of the league so for me no more damage can be done anyway.
Thats what gets me, all the people on here wanting the club to do this or that. Some of these very people will pour their hard earned cash into all these clubs who continually fook us over. They want the club to go to war while they climb into bed with our enemies. I cant fathom it out at all.

The demand for a big angry statement calling Celtic all the bastards would achieve absolutely nothing.

The amount of paranoid garbage I've seen on here in the last 24 hours is a sight to behold.
Correct. The rest of the club's despise us, and there isn't much Stewart Robertson can do about that.

Not really sure what he can say at the moment, a big angry statement saying nothing helps nobody
Ok just stay silent let the filth bring in a few new players get them gelled in have there squad back to full fitness & hopefully have a full attendance when we go to play the 2nd of January fixture at a new date & at the same time go to the knew camp with a few first team players missing . Also we may not be top of the league when we do go , but hey cracking on & say nothing .

Ok just stay silent let the filth bring in a few new players get them gelled in have there squad back to full fitness & hopefully have a full attendance when we go to play the 2nd of January fixture at a new date & at the same time go to the knew camp with a few first team players missing . Also we may not be top of the league when we do go , but hey cracking on & say nothing .
Nothing is confirmed yet, I’d be disappointed if the club kept quite when it’s official which I doubt they will.

Nothing is confirmed yet, I’d be disappointed if the club kept quite when it’s official which I doubt they will.
I am just so frustrated & mad like most bears at the cheating going on for the sake of one club , we really need to start taking the filth on can we not take this to court it's not a Government or health matter its changing the rules of the game & it could cost us 40million .

He's on the SPFL board and I assume he's doing everything in his power to stop this.

The problem is the rest of the clubs are aligned to celtc and follow their wishes (generally speaking). Celtc have the power and we have been trying to exert influence (see spring/summer 2020).

It's not a dig at anyone or the OP, but I really don't see what a statement from us will do or achieve other than playing our cards in public allowing everyone else to do the opposite through their utter hatred for our club.
When our board say nothing it’s seen as being weak. When a statement on any given subject is issued, it is usually ridiculed in the press and portrayed as pandering to the lowest elements of our support. It is a difficult situation to be in.

When our board say nothing it’s seen as being weak. When a statement on any given subject is issued, it is usually ridiculed in the press and portrayed as pandering to the lowest elements of our support. It is a difficult situation to be in.
Spot on

Need to play the long game here.

Thats what gets me, all the people on here wanting the club to do this or that. Some of these very people will pour their hard earned cash into all these clubs who continually fook us over. They want the club to go to war while they climb into bed with our enemies. I cant fathom it out at all.
Been saying since the stitch up of the league that we would be better looking after our own. Too many people thinking they're too staunch for that though.
Need to take a look at the bigger picture.

Phuck all by looks of it but no doubt you'll enlighten me
As a director of communications, it'll be fairly similar to at any company where they manage internal and external communications. They'll have some oversight of social media activity and strategy. They will prepare and release statements and press releases as per the board.

That last bit is key though. In other words, if the board don't want a statement out there, it won't be released. If they do, then he has it prepared in an appropriate time frame and conveying exactly what the board have approved . They don't just decide to release statements off their own back.

As a director of communications, it'll be fairly similar to at any company where they manage internal and external communications. They'll have some oversight of social media activity and strategy. They will prepare and release statements and press releases as per the board.

That last bit is key though. In other words, if the board don't want a statement out there, it won't be released. If they do, then he has it prepared in an appropriate time frame and conveying exactly what the board have approved . They don't just decide to release statements off their own back.
Once again our board has been found wanting. We should have been on front foot of this and reminding people about sporting integrity and fixtures not being able to be moved. The time for statements has passed. Anything released now will look like sour grapes. As long as cinch doesnt take away business from the chairman though...

Back