The Juniors - 23/24 Season

seen on pie and Bovril Darvel sacked their manager?

Won a final last weekend and in the Junior cup final in a few weeks time. Who would be a manager
Don’t actually know if he was in attendance for the cup final last weekend, on the socials it was the assistant doing the talking and no sign of Tony in the pics

Current Ashfield manager seems to be hot favourite to take over at Darvel. Allegedly should any lawyers be looking in

Beith have a good squad.

Diver and Scot Rough could easily play further up the pyramid, suspect Scot will move up at some point as there was interest before he moved to Beith.
Beith winning that league again is a major achievement given the size of the clubs squad and financial limitations. Fair play to the manager Strain. The GK Stott is also a very very good player and could go further up the leagues. They lack some physicality in the middle of the park and with Frize getting on they need to upgrade him.

Great win for Largs yesterday, 5-0 against Cumnock with 10 men for the majority of the game. You would have thought cumnock were the ones with 10!

Talbot then Rob Roy for us so hoping for 4-6 points to see the season out in a strong position.

We're one of the lowest budgeted clubs (likely lowest) in the league and perform far above where people expect us to. The management team have built a great squad of players that play as a team. the hard work starts come the end of the season to keep the squad together.

Some of the so called 'bigger' clubs could learn a thing or two from the way we go about our business on and off the park.

As a team we're always overlooked but that's usually to the detrement of those doing so.

We would love a nice chunk of cash to invest for a few years, maybe one day!

Great win for Largs yesterday, 5-0 against Cumnock with 10 men for the majority of the game. You would have thought cumnock were the ones with 10!

Talbot then Rob Roy for us so hoping for 4-6 points to see the season out in a strong position.

We're one of the lowest budgeted clubs (likely lowest) in the league and perform far above where people expect us to. The management team have built a great squad of players that play as a team. the hard work starts come the end of the season to keep the squad together.

Some of the so called 'bigger' clubs could learn a thing or two from the way we go about our business on and off the park.

As a team we're always overlooked but that's usually to the detrement of those doing so.

We would love a nice chunk of cash to invest for a few years, maybe one day!
How did young Blair Devine play?

He played the first half and took his goal well. The sending off for us meant he was sacrificed for the remainder of the game.

He's been decent all season.
He’s my nephew and I keep promising to go and watch him. Hopefully get along for one of the final games

You should try and get along to watch him. Talbot on Wednesday in Largs then Rob Roy on Saturday in Cumbernauld.
Talbot on Wednesday sounds like a wee night out

He’s not quite one of us but most certainly favours us over them (or he’d get his wee baws booted)

Darvel 0 Talbot 5

Talbot played some decent stuff but definitely looks like some Darvel players have downed tools

Pollok are bipolar . Never know what’s going to happen .
Need better defenders though that’s for sure.
A manager with a Danny La Rue might help. Might save a few quid if a few of his extraneous sidekicks were let go as well.

He's got a bigger backroom staff than Pep ffs!

Drumchapel and Johnstoneburgh promotors to the top league.

Shotts looking good for third spot.

Johnstone Burgh promoted with a 4-2 win at Maybole.

Be interesting to see the kind of calibre of player they sign for next season. Spoke to someone up there a few weeks back saying the money men were looking at putting in even more next season.

They were meant to be signing Adam Forde from Pollok but saw the other week he signed a new deal

Be interesting to see the kind of calibre of player they sign for next season. Spoke to someone up there a few weeks back saying the money men were looking at putting in even more next season.

They were meant to be signing Adam Forde from Pollok but saw the other week he signed a new deal

A couple of cracking goals from Burgh Tonight.

Largs 2 talbot 0

Games really catching up with talbot players who looked jaded but credit to Largs who played well
Went along to this tonight. First junior game I’ve attended in years and thoroughly enjoyable game. Very impressed with Largs and I’ll certainly be back down next season for a few games.

The fish supper from Fish Works was added bonus.

Thanks to Suprim for suggesting it

Went along to this tonight. First junior game I’ve attended in years and thoroughly enjoyable game. Very impressed with Largs and I’ll certainly be back down next season for a few games.

The fish supper from Fish Works was added bonus.

Thanks to Suprim for suggesting it

I'm glad you enjoyed it, We played really well. Talbot couldn't cope with our tempo in midfield at all.

Hopefully another 3 points on Saturday to finish the season on a high, We just need Talbot and St Cadocs to get beat and we could finish 3rd! I'll take 5th though which would be a one place improvement on last year.

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed it, We played really well. Talbot couldn't cope with our tempo in midfield at all.

Hopefully another 3 points on Saturday to finish the season on a high, We just need Talbot and St Cadocs to get beat and we could finish 3rd! I'll take 5th though which would be a one place improvement on last year.

We're you sitting in the stand near the camera? I noticed a guy with a rangers top on when I was setting it up.
No Rangers top.

I was in the undercover area with my wife and Blair’s parents. We were next to the lad in the grey top that started giving the Talbot players pelters late on. ‘Ya fat lazy big nosed bastard’ being my favourite lol

Surprised they took the No. 9 off. Thought he was causing them all sorts of problems

No Rangers top.

I was in the undercover area with my wife and Blair’s parents. We were next to the lad in the grey top that started giving the Talbot players pelters late on. ‘Ya fat lazy big nosed bastard’ being my favourite lol

Surprised they took the No. 9 off. Thought he was causing them all sorts of problems
Connor was done in. Saturday - our last game - will be the second time in two weeks they’ve been made to play Saturday, Monday, Wednesdays and Saturday. Picked up 3 injuries in one game last week so couldn’t rotate the squad so the same players are being flogged each other night :(

Can I ask what the Barrhead Rangers need to stay up this year in terms of other results. ?
Also gutted I will miss the Cup Final as already booked on a weekend to Newcastle, might well have been my last game when we gubbed scumlok at Fir Park and then had 2 nights on the piss.

Can I ask what the Barrhead Rangers need to stay up this year in terms of other results. ?
Also gutted I will miss the Cup Final as already booked on a weekend to Newcastle, might well have been my last game when we gubbed scumlok at Fir Park and then had 2 nights on the piss.
Need to beat Beith at Barrhead and hope Glenafton mess up.

Shame the way they treated the management after how far they had come. They knew they still had a good chance of going up, and in the semis of the Junior Cup too. A couple of wee blips over the course of a few weeks was all it was too.

Dorrans was abroad a while back trying to get something for next season, but nothing came up. When he came back, he kinda took over the dressing room and was whispering in the ear of the owner. They then tried to get Kenny Miller in as manager but he knocked it back. Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm were mentioned too. Basically, Dorrans wants to run the show and bring his pals in, and owner is going along with it.

Dorrans came out of it all looking like a bit of a rat, to be honest.

Shame the way they treated the management after how far they had come. They knew they still had a good chance of going up, and in the semis of the Junior Cup too. A couple of wee blips over the course of a few weeks was all it was too.

Dorrans was abroad a while back trying to get something for next season, but nothing came up. When he came back, he kinda took over the dressing room and was whispering in the ear of the owner. They then tried to get Kenny Miller in as manager but he knocked it back. Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm were mentioned too. Basically, Dorrans wants to run the show and bring his pals in, and owner is going along with it.

Dorrans came out of it all looking like a bit of a rat, to be honest.

Burgh never tried to get Miller, that’s just a Twitter rumour that gathered legs. Ferguson never applied, Bob never got interviewed.

Not sure how any of that would make Dorrans a rat.

Back