The manager simply cannot escape criticism on the back of the last two results

What’s the guy supposed to say though. If he slaughters them he loses the dressing room and we win nothing
Which honestly is where we are headed right now anyway. Fortunately we are still close enough to the Tims for it to still matter, but unfortunately, he then can't name and shame the guilty in this squad.

Not for me anyway. Ross County and Dundee and we have witnessed two diabolical first half performances and the manager never made a single substitution at halftime in either game. Where was the manager that was brave enough to take Cantwell off before HT previously? He has moved Sima out of position despite him being our most dangerous forward.
Agreed.

He now needs to realise he has to be absolutely ruthless in the summer and punt the players who will otherwise guarantee his sacking.

I believe he knows this and will act accordingly.

Not for me anyway. Ross County and Dundee and we have witnessed two diabolical first half performances and the manager never made a single substitution at halftime in either game. Where was the manager that was brave enough to take Cantwell off before HT previously? He has moved Sima out of position despite him being our most dangerous forward.
Honestly,no better than our two previous managers imho.
His teams are completely disjointed,they struggle to even create decent chances,in the SPL of all places.ffs.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately for him the standard of player he has at his disposal is so poor it will make little difference to that team no matter what he does.
It’s shit show and it’s going to take a while to fix it.

We certainly wouldn't be worse off if we had just stuck with GVB.
Beale was a disastrous appointment.

The same players letting us down over and over but it's simply not possible to overhaul the entire squad and most managers coming in will think "if I can get the best out of the experienced players then that's a big part of the battle".

Sure enough, we get the new manager bounce for a while. Then it goes to shit.

The biggest problem for me now is that, on paper, Clement is probably about as good as we are ever going to get as a manager. He's won titles before and managed decent clubs who are at about our level in terms of Europe (as in, we'd expect to compete with clubs of that stature).

If he's not the right guy for us now then where do we even go after this?
We have nowhere to go. No-one worth their salt would touch us if we got rid of another manager now. Clement inherited an utter shitshow. He's had one January transfer window to try and fix that. It's not realistic. Some of these players may well have got Gerrard the sack if Covid hadn't curtailed that season. They got GvB the sack. Beale got himself the sack. Clement needs to be able to build his own squad. As you say, in terms of established managers with a track record, he's as good as we'll attract. The alternative is taking God knows how many punts on unproven managers. It can't happen.

After watching that interview I think we will be looking for a manager before October, maybe sooner if this shambles continues until the end of the season, he looks lost.
Shocked how bad that interview was.
Hardcore fans know the truth and dont want to hear any BS.
Never thought he was the type of manager to lose it like this. He did a great job when he came in but the test of a manager is making big decisions, changes, and tactics that will steer us through difficult times….

He worked wonders to motivate the team and get them in a race in the first place.

However, tactically we are abysmal, his starting lineups the last few weeks have been shocking, and his subs havent changed games.

Starting to worry.

Did he work wonders though?

He went on a run of beating “the rest” well outwith the worst Aberdeen side we’ve seen in years along with any other “big game’

His run was very Beale esque

Players are getting it tight and rightly so but Clement has not helped them one bit. His starting line up, tactics of hoof ball and substitutions were absolutely baffling.

I'm certainly questioning giving the performances of late , if Clement has lost the respect of some of the players.

Last edited:
Arse has fell out the entire thing, we’ve went from creating 25 chances and playing this fast paced high tempo football to being utterly shite - AGAIN - overnight.

I’ll judge him on how ruthless he is this summer. If we line up Tav goldson souttar ridvan Lundstrum cantwell diomande dessers etc in the line up next season then I’ll just expect him to be sacked by Xmas. For some bizarre reason the old guard are untouchable. That tells me more of the influence they have in there.

I’m going to list what he’s currently doing wrong

Dropping of Balogun yet overseeing a bombscare pairing at the back
Months upon months of insisting on Wright
Not dropping a hopeless Silva
Seemingly picking on Cantwell with changes
Not playing Sterling in midfield
No tactics that I can see with only long balls
Lack of subs at correct times
Startling line up changing every game
No urgency about the team, no motivation
Corner kicks

His comments last night have really got to me.

Last edited:
I’ll judge him on how ruthless he is this summer. If we line up Tav goldson souttar ridvan Lundstrum cantwell diomande dessers etc in the line up next season then I’ll just expect him to be sacked by Xmas. For some bizarre reason the old guard are untouchable. That tells me more of the influence they have in there.
Could be a good post one to watch .

Could see an absolute max of four of them being choices but more likely three

I'm certainly questioning giving the performances of late , if Clement has lost the respect of some of the players.
My guess and that’s all it is ? A tricky character in the squad with a few who expect to be picked despite being poor professionals .

That’s not at all unusual in football and will be addressed I’m sure

Some folk still think he's blameless which is absolutely mental.
The new manager"bounce" has gone and he looks lost.
Things have been on a downward spiral since the Motherwell game, yes the players are the biggest problem but the something has changed all over since that Motherwell game,
Clement is selecting lineups on a weekly basis including players that are not performing and that in general are completely baffling to everyone.
He doesn't know his best 11, the team has zero gameplan and shape.
Folk keep going on about how he inherited a shit show, yep we know that, however he initially got us into a position where it was in our own hands to go on and win this after the fhilth went through a spell of being rotten.
Big thing is though... They came through that, we still couldn't beat them despite that.
Now we can't even assemble a team capable of beating fucking Ross county or Dundee, I'm sorry but I don't care what shit show the manager intake initially inherited months ago, he picks the team, he sets them up tactically, he decided signing Silva rather than a striker was a good idea.
Watching us is like watching paint dry.
He's just been out thought tactically by fucking Don Cowie and Tommy Docherty FFS.
We kept hearing him say if players weren't going to listen or follow the plan they would be out the team, it's all bluster as he's still playing those players that have let us down plenty, folk will say he can only piss with the cock he has, that's up to him to be strong and drop underperforming players even if that means he has to call on a younger player from the b team to send out a message to them.
It's worrying for me that he thinks last night was a reaction.

Feels like this season just needs to end now and PC needs to get on with whatever rebuild he has. Lots of fans turning already it seems going by so many comments on here in the past couple of weeks.

I'm still on board but this isn't a job that you get a long time to prove yourself up to the task so the summer has to be the start of PC really making his mark on this squad. I hope he's backed enough to do what he sees as necessary to have us properly challenging again next season.

Big PC was working miracles with this lot we all said when he took us to the top of the league. Now this bunch of shysters revert to type and now it's all big PC's fault. Couldn't make it up.
As above,he got this lot to there highest ceiling,theve reverted to there comfort blanket of being losers.Nothing this manager can do can stop this lot rot away again.
I believe he will make his own group of players into a good team through time,this is not on manager.

The sign of a good manager IMO, is how he / we respond to adversity.

Walter had plenty of blips, but he tended to have the players showing a genuine response in the next game.

We suffered that defeat to Motherwell and the wheels seem to have more or less fallen off since with Clement looking clueless at how to arrest it.

Gone is the pressing, passing and movement that had us flying at the top of the league just over a month ago and now we’re hoofing aimless balls up towards an isolated striker and unable to string more than 3 or 4 passes together.

He has the training ground to improve things, but there’s been absolutely no sign he’s been using it and that always worries me.

I’m now far from convinced Clement is the manager we have built him up to be. His persistence with certain players is going to be his downfall. Results and performances are now no better than Beale was getting. The shape of the side is a mess, there is absolutely no midfield, the intensity nonexistent, we look devoid of creativity and defensively really weak.

That interview after the game last night has broken me more than the performance. We are not morons and can see it wasn’t a reaction. To tell us it was and the team gave it everything was insulting.

Seriously questioning Clements ability to turn us into a title winning team. Last few weeks suggest he will be gone by Christmas too

Oh for the days of struggling to break down the 'low block', big Phill and his recent 'no midfield' tactics prefers the games against SPFL jobbers, to be like basketball games, end to end stuff.

The ease in which we're played through, we have absolutely no shape or structure, totally outnumbered in the middle of the park.
A midfield which contains Lundstram, who i have a tiny bit of sympathy for, Cantwell, who basically wanders about doing the square root of %^*& all, and Lawrence, less said the better, will never control a game in Scotland away from home.

• Apparently, we BOSSED it against Dundee.
  • We were by far the more dominant team.
  • Dundee got LUCKY on the night.
  • We created enough chances to win the game but the ball didn't go in - and that's the story of today.
  • There was a good goalkeeper on the other side also who made a few good saves.
  • They cleared a few balls on the line, so luck wasn't on our side.
  • Of course we could do some details better but if you play against a team that does man marking all over the pitch everywhere you go so there's not much space, so you needed to be decisive.
  • We had chances to kill the game off and there were a few times they were really lucky defensively.
  • We needed to take our chances and we didn't have anyone to be a spark to make the difference.
  • It's not a concern, we are still a team that scores a lot of goals.
  • One week ago we scored three goals against Celtic, that does not disappear in a moment.
  • You always have games during a season where things don't fall on your side and that was the case today.
  • I saw all the effort from my team but we didn't put the ball in the net, which is the most important thing in football.
  • If they keep pushing like this, the goals will come back.
  • The fans need to stick behind the team. That's very important.
  • The team is giving everything, I was disappointed and angry after Ross County but we need the fans to stick behind the team and this is the only way to achieve what the fans dream of.
  • This team has done a lot over the past couple of months and we have an important game on Sunday again in the cup.
Red flags all over the place.

As Kris Boyd said, "We know second is last in Glasgow. We saw the reaction of the Rangers fans at the end. They are not happy. He's got this Rangers team back into a title race, then all of a sudden they are crumbling."

He got away with messing with the team every week during his honeymoon period but the reality is that outwith hearts at home and betis away I’ve not seen many good performances. It’s the same crap we have watched for years. No width or pace . I understand that he doesn’t have lots of great fast players at his disposal but watching lundtram stoll around infront of the back 4 is just terrible tactics

Right now make a case for Sima now being played out of position? That so many are willing to give the manager a free ride on the back of these decisions is mystifying to me.

Then we will go on to Wright starting v the scum.
Haha. Aye right yar.
I don't have to make cases for anything. It's obvious to anyone who has watched us over the past 3 seasons now, who are to blame for collapses.
PC will have his flaws but we need rid of the leadership team. Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.
If we get back money on Dessers and Lammers, not PC's buys, then we have won a watch.
I'd rather give a manager a chance instead of the negativity some want to hang round his neck, 6 months into a job.

Not playing Sterling in midfield leaves the manager culpable for the results.
It's about the one change he could make with Yfeko filling at left back, in the absence of Yilmaz and Barisic thinking more about his next contract.

I would have gone with Balogun and Souttar but Balogun's illness put paid to that. So Goldson, again.

Midfield, would have given us Lundstram, Sterling and Diomande, but Dio's injured. So meaning Lawrence or Dowell.

The front three, we have no width, Cortez is out, McCausland coming back from injury and it's plainly obviously Silva can't play there.

Sima is just back from injury, Dessers, we know about and Roofe has decided to make an appearance before he leaves.

I'm angry as %^*& and trying to make sense of team selections to give PC some benefit of the doubt. I believe there is a hard core that are battle scarred and we need to clear out.

Given, it's been the same now under different managers now, I'm inclined to place more emphasis on the squad.

Did he work wonders though?

He went on a run of beating “the rest” well outwith the worst Aberdeen side we’ve seen in years along with any other “big game’

His run was very Beale esque
And yet his approach and tactics are nothing like Beale, or Gio, but the results are

So what's the common factor here?

Bringing on Dessers, Dowell and Matondo done absolutely %^*& all to the side. If anything it made us worse. The squad is bloated with mediocre jobbers.
You've hit the nail on the head! I don't know why some of our support find this so hard to understand.

We've a squad that just isn't anywhere near good enough and it's doesn't matter what starting 11 we play with or which subs the manager makes. Whoever it is that comes in doesn't improve us in any way.

A big rebuild is needed for about that 4th summer in a row. Will we get it right this time?

The senior players have let Clement down.

They responded to him positively, then reverted to type as soon as we were in a winning position.

Any manager that slaughters the players or tells the truth in these situations would be as well looking for another job.

When players cannot match a run, find a pass or create chances they have been doing all season. He has an element of the blame but we have seen the same players bottle's crash year after year.

The measure of the man is having the balls to clear out these perennial losers
Agreed Del

When players cannot match a run, find a pass or create chances they have been doing all season. He has an element of the blame but we have seen the same players bottle's crash year after year.

The measure of the man is having the balls to clear out these perennial losers
Agree - so many people saying this over and over. If Tavernier, Goldson and Lundstram are in the starting 11 in August then heaven help Clement.

Honestly,no better than our two previous managers imho.
His teams are completely disjointed,they struggle to even create decent chances,in the SPL of all places.ffs.:rolleyes:
If the team, under 3 different managers, is disjointed and struggles, when do you stop blaming the manager?

The in field leader is the one consistant through these 3 managers.

The constant random rotation isn't helping either.

Sterling needs to be in midfield, the best games we had this season he was in midfield.

Dessers needs to start because the team is more familiar with his movement than Roofe's.

If Barisic is available and the manager doesn't want to start him then we need to figure out a solution to not playing with a left back instead of handicapping ourselves.

The time for rotation is over, we need to pick a solid set of players with a system that works for everyone. It's the SPFL ffs. We should be able to demolish every team outside the top 4 regardless of formation and tactics.

Some folk still think he's blameless which is absolutely mental.
The new manager"bounce" has gone and he looks lost.
Things have been on a downward spiral since the Motherwell game, yes the players are the biggest problem but the something has changed all over since that Motherwell game,
Clement is selecting lineups on a weekly basis including players that are not performing and that in general are completely baffling to everyone.
He doesn't know his best 11, the team has zero gameplan and shape.
Folk keep going on about how he inherited a shit show, yep we know that, however he initially got us into a position where it was in our own hands to go on and win this after the fhilth went through a spell of being rotten.
Big thing is though... They came through that, we still couldn't beat them despite that.
Now we can't even assemble a team capable of beating fucking Ross county or Dundee, I'm sorry but I don't care what shit show the manager intake initially inherited months ago, he picks the team, he sets them up tactically, he decided signing Silva rather than a striker was a good idea.
Watching us is like watching paint dry.
He's just been out thought tactically by fucking Don Cowie and Tommy Docherty FFS.
We kept hearing him say if players weren't going to listen or follow the plan they would be out the team, it's all bluster as he's still playing those players that have let us down plenty, folk will say he can only piss with the cock he has, that's up to him to be strong and drop underperforming players even if that means he has to call on a younger player from the b team to send out a message to them.
It's worrying for me that he thinks last night was a reaction.
The strange one is starting with Scott Wright against them unless he's injured (which the manager hasn't mentioned) he's not been seen since

Back