The new Real Madrid stadium.

Glad I got there before the rebuild started.
Saw a scale model on the museum tour of how it was going to look and thought “wtf?”.

Was lucky enough to have seen an El Classico in the previous one but you are right OP, a whole new world.
Must have been some experience for you. One thing that I thinks a shame in Spanish football is the lack of away supporters.

Anyway if I want to see a game there, then I'm off to learn Spanish and apply for a job as a steward.

The logic is pretty sound to make more money out of the stadium. In a city like Madrid they should be able to do that.

Looks very impressive. Suppose as the man in video says they need to find a way to compete with the petrol clubs.

Saw them at home to Braga this cl, approaching the stadium was fantastic, inside was still a concrete shell with wires on show on the ceilings.
But.. stepping out to the stands and pitch was incredible, fantastic atmosphere too (must be phenomenal with roof closed).

I was there a few weeks ago. It’s an incredible place but the actual stands haven’t changed that much. It’s still similar inside. Obviously the pitch technology and roof are incredible.

I’ve been to the new Spurs stadium and I’d say it’s on a different level in terms of modernisation.

my heart weeps that they say they cant match some other clubs finances after being one of the richest for decades with their tv deals etc. :rolleyes:

but the stadium does look great. but how big is too big? that top tier looks like its miles away from the pitch

Must have been some experience for you. One thing that I thinks a shame in Spanish football is the lack of away supporters.

Anyway if I want to see a game there, then I'm off to learn Spanish and apply for a job as a steward.
I was with my son in with Barcelona fans who had been allowed a small part of the upper level in one corner behind one of the goals...Bought the tickets through one of the agencies and although paid over the odds was worth it just to see, as my son said, probably the best players on the planet at that time. Real won 3 - 1.

Had to check to see when it was and cant believe it was October 2014, almost ten years ago.

Don't know if it is still the case but you used to be able to buy tickets from the official Real Madrid website at face value, easier to get when they are playing a 'smaller' team so that would be the best place to start.

Have a stadium tour booked there in 5 weeks time. Reduced tour due to the renovations with no visits to the changing room, VIP box or press room, but will have the panoramic view of the stadium, Real Madrid Museum & pic with the European Cup.

Have a stadium tour booked there in 5 weeks time. Reduced tour due to the renovations with no visits to the changing room, VIP box or press room, but will have the panoramic view of the stadium, Real Madrid Museum & pic with the European Cup.

Blimey! They’re certainly confident of winning it…..

I was there a few weeks ago. It’s an incredible place but the actual stands haven’t changed that much. It’s still similar inside. Obviously the pitch technology and roof are incredible.

I’ve been to the new Spurs stadium and I’d say it’s on a different level in terms of modernisation.
Spurs stadium takes some beating.

An incredible place to watch football.

Been a couple of times and I've stood in their 'kop' end and it was a fantastic experience. Acoustics are superb.

Was in Madrid 3 week ago, went Bernabeu for a look at outside and it’s still a building site. Couple of mates went tour, I didn’t bother as I’d heard it was a disgrace on here and trip advisor - they were out within 30 mins and said it was terrible. Shame as in 2001 I went and it was superb with a great museum. Waiting till it’s all in full order before going a game and doing the tour.

Do Legends at Plaza Sol, excellent Football experience.

I went to see malaga play real Madrid a few years ago was sat next to maybe 500 or so madrid fans. The absolute jealousy was ripping me out me as they come in with shirts with bale benzema modric ramos ronaldo etc

Thought it must be fucking brilliant to be a real Madrid fan and follow them over Europe

Was in Madrid 3 week ago, went Bernabeu for a look at outside and it’s still a building site. Couple of mates went tour, I didn’t bother as I’d heard it was a disgrace on here and trip advisor - they were out within 30 mins and said it was terrible. Shame as in 2001 I went and it was superb with a great museum. Waiting till it’s all in full order before going a game and doing the tour.

Do Legends at Plaza Sol, excellent Football experience.
Ive a spare day in Madrid waiting on connecting flight to Colombia. Bernabeu was always my fav stadium in the world, after Ibrox of course lol. My first time in Madrid & there was no way i was missing out, even if its not finished.
Thanks for the Legends at Plaza Sol info, must look into it.

I did the stadium tour about 5 years ago and thought it looked amazing then.
They have a model of the proposed new stadium and thought it would be a long time in coming in this financial climate,but to their credit they bit bullet and went ahead and built it.
Would love to go back and watch a game.

Ive a spare day in Madrid waiting on connecting flight to Colombia. Bernabeu was always my fav stadium in the world, after Ibrox of course lol. My first time in Madrid & there was no way i was missing out, even if its not finished.
Thanks for the Legends at Plaza Sol info, must look into it.

Hopefully it’s better by then pal. Really good that Legends, filled in a good hour.

Will be interested to see how the pitch looks tonight. It's looked a bit rough recently with it being visible where the edges/joins are between sections. Definitely not as nice a surface as other top tier stadiums (yet). Maybe it will just take time.

Flying to Madrid on Sunday. Stadium tour booked for Tuesday morning and hopefully we'll get tickets for the Alaves game that night. Looking forward to seeing it.

Was in the stadium late last year and have to say not that impressed by concourses etc.
Very basic.
The exterior is just metal cladding and while it may look good it isn't iconic.
There are escalators which is decent for the less mobile.
A decent stadium but looking at some NFL stadiums etc they look far better and I'm sure Spurs and Wembley are better than Real's.
Just my opinion of course

Going to Madrid on Friday - would really like to do the tour as I just think it’s something that should be done when in the city.

Keep hearing that it’s not worth it just now though which is a gutter

My son lived in Madrid for a year recently so I took the opportunity to take in a game at both the Bernabeu and the Wanda Metropolitano. It wasn't quite finished when I was there but although the engineering of the roof and pitch are amazing I thought the experience for the ordinary fan wasn't that great. It's obviously an iconic stadium but there are constraints with it, leg room wasn't great and the concourse not impressive. As an overall stadium experience I actually enjoyed the Wanda more. What I was impressed with was the transport infrastructure. 30 mins after the final whistle at the Bernabeu I was back at my hotel at Plaza de Espana. No need for a subway Loyal even with 90k people leaving.

My son lived in Madrid for a year recently so I took the opportunity to take in a game at both the Bernabeu and the Wanda Metropolitano. It wasn't quite finished when I was there but although the engineering of the roof and pitch are amazing I thought the experience for the ordinary fan wasn't that great. It's obviously an iconic stadium but there are constraints with it, leg room wasn't great and the concourse not impressive. As an overall stadium experience I actually enjoyed the Wanda more. What I was impressed with was the transport infrastructure. 30 mins after the final whistle at the Bernabeu I was back at my hotel at Plaza de Espana. No need for a subway Loyal even with 90k people leaving.
The optics are amazing on TV. Thought it looked incredible last night. Interesting to read the 'real life' experience doesn't quite live up to that.

Been lucky enough to have been to a few Real Madrid games in the Bernabeu. It really is a whole different experience. Yet to visit it since it's been done up so that's on the bucket list.

The optics are amazing on TV. Thought it looked incredible last night. Interesting to read the 'real life' experience doesn't quite live up to that.
Don't get me wrong it's an incredible place I was just expecting facilities for the normal fan to be much better. They may be now as it's wasn't finished when I was there. E.g. I had a slash in a portaloo on the concourse, and there was no to minimal food stalls inside. I definitely want to go back and take in another game there now it's pretty much complete.

Don't get me wrong it's an incredible place I was just expecting facilities for the normal fan to be much better. They may be now as it's wasn't finished when I was there. E.g. I had a slash in a portaloo on the concourse, and there was no to minimal food stalls inside. I definitely want to go back and take in another game there now it's pretty much complete.

I was over in January and the stadium toilets were the best I have ever seen for a stadium.

The food kiosks were all open but I dont think the Spanish fan culture are as obsessed with football scran as us. The locals were mainly eating nuts or sandwiches bought from outside the ground.

Its easily the best stadium I have ever been to outside of Ibrox.

Do the opposition get a say in whether the roof is closed or is it left to Madrid to make the decision?
Stops the problem of conditions being a bit of a leveller.

I was at Cowdenbeath v Rangers about 5 years ago. Left as we scored as I've never been as cold at a match before. Walked to nearest bar and watched game on telly.
Yeah, people look back on old stadiums like that misty eyed, but the truth is, they were absolute shite holes, properly minging, modern stadiums are far better in every way, people just have fond memories of the past as we had great times and we never actually knew any better.

Back