The only team we've beaten domestically, since February, is hapless Hibs

You were talking garbage about trying to make stats sound worse. Wasn't the case.
Sorry you don’t agree but if somebody says “two points from the last three games” that would be, is, bad. Shockingly bad for Rangers.
However if it’s “we haven’t won a league game since February” given that this is, at least, all of March and half of April, it implies a longer period of failure and comes across as sinister.
This explanation proves I wasn’t posting a garbage comment.

Brilliant from and he got the praise he was due. Majority of his goals are still penalties.

Majority of goals we concede against the team we need to beat, for example, are also down to Tav and Goldson.
I guess that makes them unworthy.
Worth only half a goal or something.

Sorry you don’t agree but if somebody says “two points from the last three games” that would be, is, bad. Shockingly bad for Rangers.
However if it’s “we haven’t won a league game since February” given that this is, at least, all of March and half of April, it implies a longer period of failure and comes across as sinister.
This explanation proves I wasn’t posting a garbage
5 league games since February and we're just over halfway over April.

Its easy to confirm that he's correct

Not sure I necessarily agree on the basis that Shankland is a striker who thrives on service - look at the absolute state of our midfield right now and lack of acceptable service coming in from the wide areas, what chances is he putting away?

Would absolutely rather have him than Dessers or Roofe but I don't know if slotting him in there would solve all of our problems which run much deeper.
think of all the chances we see dessers fluff up, now replace dessers with shankland

shankland takes a lot of those for me, instead we have this big dud who couldnt score in a barrel a fann*s

Not at all.

Shouldn't make room for a designated penalty kick taker though.
If you see Tavernier’s only quality as being a penalty taker, you’re being a bit beyond stupid.
Unless, of course, you actually believe you know better than four Rangers managers who’ve kept him in situ rather than bin him.

If you see Tavernier’s only quality as being a penalty taker, you’re being a bit beyond stupid.
Unless, of course, you actually believe you know better than four Rangers managers who’ve kept him in situ rather than bin him.
Really?

4 managers with a combined 1 title and 5 collapses?

Really?

4 managers with a combined 1 title and 5 collapses?
Yes, really.
It’s a simple question.
Do you think you know better, are a better judge of the contribution of a footballer, than Steven Gerrard, Giovanni van Bronckhurst, Michael Beale and Phillipe Clément?

Yes, really.
It’s a simple question.
Do you think you know better, are a better judge of the contribution of a footballer, than Steven Gerrard, Giovanni van Bronckhurst, Michael Beale and Phillipe Clément?
I don't.

But I also don't think much of their managerial abilities.

1 league out of the 5. That's nothing.

To be fair Hearts were asking far too much money for him...money which we didn't have..
I don’t know how much Hearts demanded or even if we lodged a bid but I get we weren’t cash rich in December.
However, we paid a loan fee for Silva, another for Cortes and add in whatever the details were for Diomande’s transfer.
So there was money there.

I don’t know how much Hearts demanded or even if we lodged a bid but I get we weren’t cash rich in December.
However, we paid a loan fee for Silva, another for Cortes and add in whatever the details were for Diomande’s transfer.
So there was money there.
P.C. obviously didn't rate him , so there's not much can be done in that case.

Given what he inherited I’ve always seen this season as a free hit for Clement.

It’s disappointing how it’s panned out these past couple weeks for sure, the drop of form off a cliff is alarming from how he started off.
To not win any of the last three games before the split with the position we had gotten herself into is plainly unacceptable.

We need to get it right over the summer as we can’t keep having these rebuilds.
A "free hit"? He's had 24 games, with 5 to play. When he joined we were 7 points behind with games to play. He's had a transfer window too. There's a bit of a falsehood to how bad a situation we were in when he joined due to the lethargy we had with Beale and disappointment with transfers. Rodgers has dropped TWENTY points since he came in too. The talk of the "miracles" he performed to get us in front and turn a bad team around are pretty exaggerated.

Beale spent his transfer kitty badly and suffered for it, but it's basically a lot of the same players who finished last season very strong, with the good transfers of Butland, Sterling and Sima balancing out the bad. Difference being Gio left Beale in a worse position in the league and Ange lost only two points before winning league.

Clement should not be fired, but a lot of fans are giving him a pass that he shouldn't be getting. He's had a weaker Celtic to play both player wise and manager wise. We've had injuries, they've had injuries. Ultimately he'll have had 29 games out of 38. He'll be judged on that. Again, it's not over.

I don't.

But I also don't think much of their managerial abilities.

1 league out of the 5. That's nothing.
That’s a different argument again.
One thing I’d say though is that it’s one in five as a club.
Individually Gerrard’s one out of three is as much as we could have expected.
He couldn’t have expected to suddenly turned Caixinha’s side into a league winning side.
GvB would have been 0 out of 2 had we kept him for the full second season.
Disappointing but tempered a wee bit with the Euro run.
Beale started well but crashed with his team selection in the semi final and final against the scum but his main summer signings have proven to be poor and costly.
Clemente proved he can improve ordinary players to a point and will be judged when his own signings take to the stage.

That’s a different argument again.
One thing I’d say though is that it’s one in five as a club.
Individually Gerrard’s one out of three is as much as we could have expected.
He couldn’t have expected to suddenly turned Caixinha’s side into a league winning side.
GvB would have been 0 out of 2 had we kept him for the full second season.
Disappointing but tempered a wee bit with the Euro run.
Beale started well but crashed with his team selection in the semi final and final against the scum but his main summer signings have proven to be poor and costly.
Clemente proved he can improve ordinary players to a point and will be judged when his own signings take to the stage.
Aye don't disagree with any of that.

None of them were or are so good that continuing with Tav is a decision we should all bow down to. 2 of them got sacked for being shit and Gerrard is managing in front on 2 guys and a dug..

1 win in our last 5. 9 scored and 9 conceded. 10 points dropped.

Similar to the 22/23 collapse pre-Gio sacking/World Cup break when we dropped 12 points from 15 games.

Similarly to the 21/22 post winter collapse where we got 3 wins from 8.

Similar to the 19/20 post winter collapse where we got 3 wins from 8.

Similar to the 18/19 post winter collapse where we got 5 wins from 10.

Wonder why..
Bad managers? :)):D

100%. There's a big world out there too. The obsession with Shankland is baffling.
I'm not saying he's the right answer, but he's a Rangers fan who has proven, domestically, to be a very competent finisher, who also has a good 'footballing brain' and links up with his teammates well. Dessers' general play has improved during his time in Scotland but his incredible knack of missing gilt-edge chances will probably end up costing us the league because, arguably, if he scored any of his first half chances versus County, then we would probably have won the game and wouldn't have had a catastrophic week.

For every 'obsession' with Shankland, there is the polar opposite 'obsession' with bringing in foreign players with exotic names.

Does this squad have anyone, playing regularly, who grew up supporting Rangers? Maybe if we did, they wouldn't let Lundstram, Goldson et al decide to start coasting through games when we're in the midst of a title fight whilst the average fan needs to live among the most deranged, spoilt and entitled fanbases in world football as they lord over us nearly every season for the past 12 years.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he's the right answer, but he's a Rangers fan who has proven, domestically, to be a very competent finisher, who also has a good 'footballing brain' and links up with his teammates well. Dessers' general play has improved during his time in Scotland but his incredible knack of missing gilt-edge chances will probably end up costing us the league because, arguably, if he scored any of his first half chances versus County, then we would probably have won the game and wouldn't have had a catastrophic week.

For every 'obsession' with Shankland, there is the polar opposite 'obsession' with bringing in foreign players with exotic names.

Does this squad have anyone, playing regularly, who grew up supporting Rangers? Maybe if we did, they wouldn't let Lundstram, Goldson et al decide to start coasting through games when we're in the midst of a title fight whilst the average fan needs to live among the most deranged, spoilt and entitled fanbases in world football as they lord over us nearly every season for the past 12 years.

Just my thoughts.
I just think, taking everything into consideration, the money Hearts were reputedly looking for was too much. He'd have little or no sell on value and while he's had a couple of really good seasons with Hearts, he had a pretty ordinary career before that at the likes of St. Mirren, Morton, Ayr and Dundee Utd, so there's no guarantee he'd transfer that form to us. We've seen players in the past who scored for fun elsewhere, but found the Rangers jersey too heavy. I'd have been delighted to have Shankland in different circumstances EG 6 months of his contract left and available for a reasonable fee, but Hearts held all the cards so the timing just wasn't right.
And I'm certainly not obsessed with signing guys with foreign sounding names. I'm just saying it's possible there's better players and better value than Shankland out there. No-one was mentioning Diomande or Cortes 6 months ago. Who knew about Morelos before he signed for £1m? I just want our recruitment to be the best it can be and a massive upgrade on last summer. Where they find the players, I really couldn't care less.
Like you, it's just my opinion. I know others differ and that's fair enough.

Just my thoughts.
I was hoping that would be part of Alex Rae’s role.

I just think, taking everything into consideration, the money Hearts were reputedly looking for was too much. He'd have little or no sell on value and while he's had a couple of really good seasons with Hearts, he had a pretty ordinary career before that at the likes of St. Mirren, Morton, Ayr and Dundee Utd, so there's no guarantee he'd transfer that form to us. We've seen players in the past who scored for fun elsewhere, but found the Rangers jersey too heavy. I'd have been delighted to have Shankland in different circumstances EG 6 months of his contract left and available for a reasonable fee, but Hearts held all the cards so the timing just wasn't right.
And I'm certainly not obsessed with signing guys with foreign sounding names. I'm just saying it's possible there's better players and better value than Shankland out there. No-one was mentioning Diomande or Cortes 6 months ago. Who knew about Morelos before he signed for £1m? I just want our recruitment to be the best it can be and a massive upgrade on last summer. Where they find the players, I really couldn't care less.
Like you, it's just my opinion. I know others differ and that's fair enough.
Thing is, whether just a purple patch or true capability, we needed another goalscorer.
If Hearts wanted £5m, and given the value of the prize reported as being £50m, would it have been a solid investment?
Would doing nothing have cost more.
Was the loan fee for Silva seen as a lesser gamble?

Thing is, whether just a purple patch or true capability, we needed another goalscorer.
If Hearts wanted £5m, and given the value of the prize reported as being £50m, would it have been a solid investment?
Would doing nothing have cost more.
Was the loan fee for Silva seen as a lesser gamble?
If signing Shankland was a guarantee of Champions League football next season, then yes, it's a solid investment. But obviously it's not possible to guarantee anything of the sort. And if you spend that money and it doesn't achieve that short term goal, then it's definitely not a solid investment. To be honest, scoring 3 at home to Celtic and 2 away at Ross Co should get you 6 points. It got us 1 point, so I'm not sure signing Shankland would have materially changed things. We shouldn't need to score 8 goals to win these 2 games. We shouldn't need to score 3 at home to Motherwell to win either. With the exception of the Dundee game, the defence has been the bigger issue when we've dropped points.

My thing is Tav has continually been bailing them out over the years, but when he drops off from assisting and scoring, no one steps up and takes up the slack.

Last night, we all half expected the net to bulge when Tav took his two free kicks, and the net didn't.

I also saw the frustration in Tav's face when he strained to reach a header in the Dundee 6yd box, and he managed to knock it down, only for Dessers to be hiding between two defenders.

I don't think Tav has a mentality issue, I think we have an attacking issue.

For years, Tav and Borna were supplying the amo on both flanks. Borna still has a great delivery but looks like he's downed tools.

I just think it's very easy for teams to defend against us as we are impotent up top. We don't create enough from open play, our corners are abysmal, our link up play in and around the box is non-existent.

The manager's track record at breaking down teams in Monaco got him the bullet.

I fear that history is repeating itself.
Do you judge Walter Smith by his unsuccessful time at Everton or his success with Rangers? In isolation you could say he was a complete failure as a manager and struggled hugely. The reality over a longer period is somewhat different.

Back