The O'Reilly dive for the pen

O'Reilly twenty five million my arse, Fabio Silva embarrassed himself with his antics the other week, where is the difference with this dick today, answers on a postcard.
The difference is Green and Grey Hoops = Penalty every day of the week
Blue Shirt = never a penalty and discussed in every media outlet, for days, weeks, months and years to come.

However, on this occasion Justice was served when Super Jack, saved the spot kick.

O'Reilly twenty five million my arse, Fabio Silva embarrassed himself with his antics the other week, where is the difference with this dick today, answers on a postcard.
Silva did embarrassing rolling about but he did not dive having looked at all angles shown there was in particular the behind angle where you see O'Reilly's foot feeling for contact like trying to wrap around our player's calf but I could be wrong I thought it wasn't a penalty at the time?

How can anyone Seriously think that The RE teacher in an apartheid school actually viewed when asked to by VAR to view the penalty incident any stayed with his original descion isn't a Cheat.
There is no excuse that Collum after watching the reruns thought it was a pen other than he plain and simple is a cheat

This one will come up in the independent review as a wrong decision. Collum is an arrogant wee fanny that refused to accept he got it wrong. You can clearly see that Diomande plants his foot and O’Riley kicks him.
He can afford to be. There are no ramifications for performance despite what we are told .

Came out of the December fiasco a victim, some might say a hero, despite an astonishing decision. That’s where we are. Follows it up with that decision today. They can do as they like and nothing happens.

He’s there best player and had more space than I can remember. The press and tempo was non existent, the same as every old firm game. They literally bully us. I’m not sure whether it’s the players or the manager’s tactics but they never bullied us under gerrard. They’re shite but we allow them to dominate us. We have to give pc the chance with his players but there is no dominance from anywhere at the club. We really need a ruthlessness and fight but are severely lacking. Thank f””ck they’re catchable next season because we are a proper leader and a few quality signings away from winning it next season.

I'm not tech savvy to post a video of gif of it but what was Collum thinking awarding that? Well we all know, actually.

Not tackle of challenge was made, contact was initiated by the unwashed player and he goes down like an Olympic diver.
It doesn’t matter. We’re not good enough in both boxes.

He’s there best player and had more space than I can remember. The press and tempo was non existent, the same as every old firm game. They literally bully us. I’m not sure whether it’s the players or the manager’s tactics but they never bullied us under gerrard. They’re shite but we allow them to dominate us. We have to give pc the chance with his players but there is no dominance from anywhere at the club. We really need a ruthlessness and fight but are severely lacking. Thank f””ck they’re catchable next season because we are a proper leader and a few quality signings away from winning it next season.
They were catchable this season, infact we actually got on front of them 8 games ago only to shit the bed. They won't ship as many points to the dross next year - you can mark my words on that. I fear we need considerably more than a proper leader and a few quality signings to turn this around

He can afford to be. There are no ramifications for performance despite what we are told .

Came out of the December fiasco a victim, some might say a hero, despite an astonishing decision. That’s where we are. Follows it up with that decision today. They can do as they like and nothing happens.
Gets us level with st mirren in the decisions we should have had via VAR, fucking joke.

I think it is a ridiculous penalty, but im not 100% sure its wrong by the latest guidelines.

Apparently a few years back, Messi got a penalty against Napoli by sticking his leg in front of a defender trying to kick the ball away. It resulted in him getting injured but winning the pen.

Apparently as a result of this, refs were told that players planting their leg in front of a player should be considered obstruction, hence why Morelos got the foul against him against Dortmund and the Dessers foul and todays penalty was given.

Think I have only ever heard of it applied in one other game not involving us though, which was an international not long after the Dessers incident. Cant for the life of me remember the game though.

Collum couldnt fucking wait to give it though.

I think it is a ridiculous penalty, but im not 100% sure its wrong by the latest guidelines.

Apparently a few years back, Messi got a penalty against Napoli by sticking his leg in front of a defender trying to kick the ball away. It resulted in him getting injured but winning the pen.

Apparently as a result of this, refs were told that players planting their leg in front of a player should be considered obstruction, hence why Morelos got the foul against him against Dortmund and the Dessers foul and todays penalty was given.

Think I have only ever heard of it applied in one other game not involving us though, which was an international not long after the Dessers incident. Cant for the life of me remember the game though.

The Japanese submarine (twice) and Turnbull have done it this season and each time penalty to them.

It’s remarkable.

Its tiresomely predictable, mate.

Our players always have to be over cautious playing them as the yellows and reds are flashed in a heartbeat. This puts us under a lot of pressure and on the backfoot.

There is no way Calum McGregor is receiving a red for what Lundstram did yesterday.

He's done it repeatedly before without even a yellow shown.

I've just watched the replay, and there's definitely minimal contact, but no tackle. O'riley definitely dives. Should've been a yellow card.
Had it been Silva at the other end , apart from not awarding it he would have been carded. But not the silky O riley he's far to good to be doing that. Anyway be prepared for next few days being "letter of the law" and Deffenetly no mention of a blatent cheating dive. Scum press will have none of it
Manual

It was never a penalty in a million years…

It was the mirror image of when we get awarded a stonewall penalty at least 5 minutes var check, then the dirty tárrier bastard (ref) watches it 10 times and awards it…

Disgusting dirty cheating bastards….

Fecking joke, ref today was very pro Celtic shoulda sent McGregor off for another yellow, but shat it or just didn’t want too, the fact McGregor committed the foul in front of him knowing he was on a yellow says it all.
McGregor should not have been on the park. He should have been sent off for his atrocious stamp on the Hearts player. Again Celtic are the beneficiaries of cheating referees. No comments about this - move along - nothing to see. Blatant cheating and corruption.

What is it with Scottish refs and their inability to just talk to our players? Collum snarling and staring at any Rangers player who had the audacity to try and speak with him.

That's us up to six wrong decisions with the VAR review panel then?

If even half of them were match changing that's a significant points swing.

And you add in the things that mob have had the benefit of, you really see the battle we face.

The fact they’ve had Kevin Clancy and Willie Collum in charge for the games at Celtic park says it all.. they get the refs they need when they need them.

Kevin clancys dad was connected to the mcginns and the Celtic board. Willie colllum teaches religious education at a catholic school. What more do you need to know.

Playing against 12 men

That's us up to six wrong decisions with the VAR review panel then?

If even half of them were match changing that's a significant points swing.

And you add in the things that mob have had the benefit of, you really see the battle we face.
It’s when they get them and we don’t that’s significant.. they make sure to bias the right games

Beyond cheating. Never seen anything like it.
Hope the club take it the full way.

I can quite handle a defeat in a competitive game of football (it’s a sport and it is what it is), but that was outrageous and needs escalated by the club. Literally the worst example of cheating I can recall by a referee in recent times.
This is why the club don’t want him officiating our games. Big Phil needs to wise up.

That's the thing. Being called to the screen is a collective of refs, with the benefit of television replays, telling him he is wrong.
Only can remember two times this season the ref has been called over and not changed his decision, both were against us. The other being sterling’s red card which has now been shown to be incorrect means that 3 times they got the decision wrong, on the field, when it was reviewed on the screen and when we appealed the red card.

The Japanese submarine (twice) and Turnbull have done it this season and each time penalty to them.
I can't be bothered reading all the rules changes, they're so frequent these days - but what I don't understand is why don't you see our players attempting these things?

You see a lot of teams taking advantage of new rule changes, and I can't think of an example of our players trying to get a pen this way.

Maybe the answer is we'd never be given them anyway. But winners bend the rules any which way they can. You'd think we'd at least try

Reading todays back pages, not one says it was an error, every single one saying Collum got it right, well I know I’m biased, but I’ve seen the incident 10 times and it’s never a foul by Diamonde.

Yes and no

The sentiment is there, absolutely

However, the difference here is that Diomande doesn't plant his foot in front of O'Reilly. O'Reilly has to move his foot laterally to make contact with Diomande to go down

There was a penalty given in the EPL earlier in the season, that went to VAR and was overturned for exactly the same thing. I want to say that it was possibly an Arsenal game, but I can't remember.

It's an awful decision from Collum, particularly after having had the opportunity to review it

Do they do rubber windows? :))
Had a mate in the RUC - he had bullet proof windows so they do do them.

Maybe we as a club should offer to put them in for him free of charge and then he can get back to not being a cheating little lady's front bottom

Next season if Clement is back and gets his own players in, injuries clear up I feel we will be a force again. To get us to this stage after our start and how bad our injuries have been has been a plus for me.

A lot only see the results the now but let him get his own players and we will see as big difference. The ones he has brought in really made a difference before injuries and looks like we will have pace and aggression next season.

Surely there must be retrospective action.

Diving during the game = yellow card, however was there not a rule introduced where if it transpires a player dived to win a penalty they received a retrospective ban.

Or was this another rule dreamt up to penalise us ?

You can certainly see why it was initially awarded -- it was skilfully made to look like a bang-on trip & thus a penalty.

However, one of the two VAR videos watched CLEARLY shows O'Riley hooking his foot and flicking it sideways to get caught by Diomande.
If that hook and flick hadn't happened there would have been no such contact.

You always feel it's a bit like a player in possession running past another and putting his arm out to make contact, then looking for a foul for it -- it would never have happened if it hadn't been manufactured out of nothing.

Definite dive and worthy of at least a warning from the ref.
That Collum saw what we all saw and persisted with awarding the penalty speaks the usual volumes about him and these games.

Yet another clear example of a cheat rewarded (but never punished) against Rangers.

Made even worse by Sutton saying its the correct call and saying we'll done Willie. If that's Silva he's calling him a diver etc etc
Collum and Sutton sing from the same hymn sheet.
Collum let a cheat away with diving and gifted them a goal scoring opportunity that they should never have had.
With the advantage of a VAR review he should have yellow carded OReilly for diving.
Put a blue jersey on and that's what would have happened and Sutton would have done a 180° and faced the same way as his bed fellow Collum.No penalty and a booking for diving.
Both rancid individuals.

Yes. Nothing said by the media. Blatant dive ignored by WC on review, what chance have we got.

Reading todays back pages, not one says it was an error, every single one saying Collum got it right, well I know I’m biased, but I’ve seen the incident 10 times and it’s never a foul by Diamonde.
The more they complain, the more they get, a method in their madness

The penalty award did not change the result, no one tries to say it did.
But that decision, along with many others this season alone, prove that Collum is incapable of refereeing a match involving us or them, fairly and honestly. And he still gets the big gigs.
The scary thing is - he is not the worst.
Dosen't matter if it never changed the result.

The cheating little bastard tried to set us up for a heavy defeat.

Back