The Playoffs - who do we want to win through?

A tough question for an old moaner like me.
Preferably not Partick Thistle, but then I don't like any of them.
If I had to choose, it would be Airdrie, but their plastic pitch is unappealing.

Ross County have been a graveyard for our title hopes in recent years, mind the mhanks scoring a 97th minute winner which was pivotal, us losing an injury time equaliser and of course the catastrophe this season, so many bad memories.

I want them gone, Airdrie to come up.

Don't want anyone with a plastic pitch and I don't want Thistle. So, easy choice I guess. The status quo remains, with only Livi swapped out for, sadly, Dundee United.

St Johnstone go down with Livi its another big hit to our Away allocation's. Even Ross County would give us a biggest allocation than Thistle or Airdrie would they not?

Last edited:
Mates son plays for Ross County and is a Rangers man so only one choice for me. They also were pivotal in us winning 55 taking points from Celtic up there which I think meant we could win it the following week.

Strange thing is we moan all season about the smaller teams putting nine men behind the ball and killing the game. County and Dundee both came out, played football and in both those games we were outplayed. Don’t think I seen anybody post that we were unlucky or robbed.

Don't want anyone with a plastic pitch and I don't want Thistle. So, easy choice I guess. The status quo remains, with only Livi swapped out for, sadly, Dundee United.
Same here, as it is, or Thistle for Ross or St Johnstone, at least Dundee Utd have a decent pitch.

Raith or Airdrie

from the little i saw they played good football & its something different from recent seasons

Thistle up, not particularly fond of them but it's a grass pitch at least.

Don't care which one of St. Johnstone or Ross County go down, hope whichever one it is keeps going to oblivion.

Mates son plays for Ross County and is a Rangers man so only one choice for me. They also were pivotal in us winning 55 taking points from Celtic up there which I think meant we could win it the following week.

Strange thing is we moan all season about the smaller teams putting nine men behind the ball and killing the game. County and Dundee both came out, played football and in both those games we were outplayed. Don’t think I seen anybody post that we were unlucky or robbed.
I agree Ross County played well, got their tactics right and put in the hard work, but Dundee? They pulled out every trick in the book to waste time, feigning injury, stealing yards at throw ins, ages at goal kicks and deflated balls, a horrible team, managed by a bigot and owned by a lackey.

Stranraer.
They make an effort for a team in an outpost. Not like some of the deadwood that's been relegated.

Ross County to go down due to the terrible camera position when watching games there on TV.
Partick to come up because of grass pitch and close to home

I’d be happy for Ross County to stay up, it’s a bit of a trek up there but they always seem to be a decent bunch…club and fans. Can’t stand Partick Thistle fans, don’t really mind Raith Rovers but the fact it’s a plastic pitch rules them out so hopefully they’ll be staying put and same applies to Clydriaonians.

Hopefully Airdrie or even Thistle
Can remember last year the morning after Thistle lost to Ross County after being 3 - 0 up with 20 minutes to go & losing on Penalties. Switching the Radio on & ‘Celebrity Fan’ Catriona Harvey almost laughing it off ‘That’s what we love about Thistle’ !!

Wouldn't mind seeing St Johnstone go down don't think it will be Ross County they've got a good home record under Cowie. Wouldn't mind Thistle coming back up they deserved it last season but never took their chances and paid the price.

Back