The Playoffs - who do we want to win through?

Montrose for me,went to a good few games at links park with my dad and grandad when I was a kid.went to a Montrose game at station park in Forfar resplendent in my blue and white Montrose scarf much to the bemusement of some of my fellow pupils at Forfar academy as I found out on the Monday :D

Can remember last year the morning after Thistle lost to Ross County after being 3 - 0 up with 20 minutes to go & losing on Penalties. Switching the Radio on & ‘Celebrity Fan’ Catriona Harvey almost laughing it off ‘That’s what we love about Thistle’ !!
Imagine laughing about your team for something like that? I reckon if we blow a 3-0 lead on Saturday it could near end me!

Although Airdrie are my local team and I like to see them do well, I don’t want another plastic pitch in the top division, and that bombs out Raith as well.
Or an incomplete stadium either, so that’s Thistle out the running.

Another thing to consider, are the Partick board yet more peasants?
I don't think the Raith Rovers board are any friends of our either?

Raith or Thistle. Think both bring more to the league than Ross County or St Johnstone.

League needs to become 2up, 2 down and one playoff.

Don't really mind which of the three Championship teams would come up, preference for Airdrie for family reasons but obviously Thistle better in terms of grass pitches.

Would much rather St. Johnstone go down than Ross County.

Should be guaranteed two up, two down. What a waste of time this particular playoff system is and reeks of protectionism.

Ross will survive.Itll be St Johnstone in the play offs and I think staying up.Id rather see Airdrie do it.
I don't like the last chance saloon set up, bottom two should be offski.

Airdrie or Ross County to stay up would be my preferences. Not a fan of the Harry Wraggs or Val McDiarmid for mainly non sporting reasons.

Can’t see either of St Johnstone or Ross County going down tbh.

Would rather County go down and would like to see Airdrie or Raith come up for something different.

Ross County have been a graveyard for our title hopes in recent years, mind the mhanks scoring a 97th minute winner which was pivotal, us losing an injury time equaliser and of course the catastrophe this season, so many bad memories.

I want them gone, Airdrie to come up.
Did you forget the game County won v Celtic ? and helped us on our road to 55

Another thing to consider, are the Partick board yet more peasants?
I don't think the Raith Rovers board are any friends of our either?
RR board changed last year.

Andy Barrowman the CEO was a ‘Gers youth player and, of course the manager is a former player.

The witch that is Val McDermid chucked the place after the Goodwillie fiasco.

Not bothered who comes up as long as St Johnstone gets so far away to %^*& out of the top flight.

Getting shot of them and Livingston will be a god send to the league.

2024 and most of it comes down to who has the best pitch or away allocation?
I long for the day that every Scottish club gets left behind or even dies for that matter and we move on. Unfortunately the filth will probably come under that category with us.
I’m serious. We’re a laughing stock of a league that let’s be honest will never improve.
Diddy clubs down south ( which outnumber the big clubs) are now richer than us. 50 thousand a week and we’re stuck in the draconian, backward thinking corrupt pish we are in now.
Stick us in league 2 in England if they want. I’d have that.
Take a look at the championship in England. All diddy clubs coming up or in the playoffs. Probably won’t happen in my lifetime but I’d love to see the day that even the subway loyal can stay to the 80th minute.
Our league is an embarrassment with amateurs running it and officiating each game. I’ll get hammered for this post but for a club our size we would only get bigger.
For those who disagree? 2012 broke me. I’ll never forget that hurt and the cnts that went out their way to put us there. Fck every club in Scotland and their support with their politics that done everything to kill Rangers.

2024 and most of it comes down to who has the best pitch or away allocation?
I long for the day that every Scottish club gets left behind or even dies for that matter and we move on. Unfortunately the filth will probably come under that category with us.
I’m serious. We’re a laughing stock of a league that let’s be honest will never improve.
Diddy clubs down south ( which outnumber the big clubs) are now richer than us. 50 thousand a week and we’re stuck in the draconian, backward thinking corrupt pish we are in now.
Stick us in league 2 in England if they want. I’d have that.
Take a look at the championship in England. All diddy clubs coming up or in the playoffs. Probably won’t happen in my lifetime but I’d love to see the day that even the subway loyal can stay to the 80th minute.
Our league is an embarrassment with amateurs running it and officiating each game. I’ll get hammered for this post but for a club our size we would only get bigger.
For those who disagree? 2012 broke me. I’ll never forget that hurt and the cnts that went out their way to put us there. Fck every club in Scotland and their support with their politics that done everything to kill Rangers.
The English don't want, and don't need, Rangers.

The English don't want, and don't need, Rangers.
I’d disagree with that. Only through experience of living down here for over 30 years. Don’t need then maybe. Don’t want? Then I could agree with that when it comes to the filth.
For many years I’ve known supporters that would love nothing more than to draw that lot in Europe. I’d go as far to say they would love nothing more than even a friendly to meet up with that scum. There’s a lot of educated men down here that know exactly what that scum stand for.
Would you not agree that it would only benefit us to leave Scotland and the piss poor league behind?

I’d disagree with that. Only through experience of living down here for over 30 years. Don’t need then maybe. Don’t want? Then I could agree with that when it comes to the filth.
For many years I’ve known supporters that would love nothing more than to draw that lot in Europe. I’d go as far to say they would love nothing more than even a friendly to meet up with that scum. There’s a lot of educated men down here that know exactly what that scum stand for.
Would you not agree that it would only benefit us to leave Scotland and the piss poor league behind?
I meant the guys at the top table of English football. They get by just fine with the teams that they have.

And no, I don't want Rangers to leave Scottish football. I'd rather get people in charge up here who genuinely want to grow the game in Scotland and make our league more competitive, with more teams having a realistic chance of challenging Rangers and Celtic. That would make it far more attractive to sponsors who will then pump more money into the game. Joining the English league is never, ever going to happen.

Always want the Highland teams to do well, so County to stay up. Don’t care much about St J but would like to see Airdrie come up as McCabe seems a decent young manager and deserves it for what he’s got out of his team. Also it’s someone different - the yo-yo nature of relegation and promotion up here gets boring.

I meant the guys at the top table of English football. They get by just fine with the teams that they have.

And no, I don't want Rangers to leave Scottish football. I'd rather get people in charge up here who genuinely want to grow the game in Scotland and make our league more competitive, with more teams having a realistic chance of challenging Rangers and Celtic. That would make it far more attractive to sponsors who will then pump more money into the game. Joining the English league is never, ever going to happen.
I get that, Noddy but let’s be realistic here. There’s been no challenge since Aberdeen in the 80’s and maybe more recently Hearts.
It’s never going to change mate. Never. Unless we get away. Just my opinion mate.

200% these surfaces need banned from the top level
Only Killie’s remain next season as things stand, and that’s being ripped up and replaced by a proper grass pitch this time next year.

So hopefully Airdrie don’t get promoted on that basis.

I'd quite like Stranraer to win.

Because %^*& Mick Kennedy and %^*& EK.

And Dumbarton, obviously.

Airdrie 100%
I know it's not Broomfield anymore but always enjoyed games/parades in Airdrie.
Think my last Airdrie game we won 6-1 or 6-0 on a Friday night about ten years ago.

Back