The Pre Contract...

People moan about us not having a strong bench or have strength in depth. Those are the players you need for that, there not world beaters but they know the league and lift the basic level of the squad.

Pedro did really well this transfer window, his business over the next two windows for me are more important, this is when he will truly build his squad for a proper challenge, I believe his remit this season is to finish a comfortable second and try to win a cup, I believe he will do that, the winter window and next summers window and how those players adapt will determine whether next season sees a proper title challenge.

As in one we're interested in or just because he's been on good form?

Both mate. Signing 3 young, out of contract Bears in Morgan, McLean and Walker who've played in Scotland all their careers would do us no harm at all.
Moult on current form would be difficult to overlook as well.

If we're still in the title hunt around the new year a few good additions to the squad would be helpful and keep the pressure on the poets.

Throw the shite then run away...............

Tim like behaviour..................... ;)

I was away watching telly

anyone vouch for you on here? What school did you go to?

I don't need to explain anything, you're a poet lady's front bottom.. that's a fact

I think Moult could really add something to our attack. Full of pace, full of energy, a decent scorer.

Walker could also be the finishing touch on Pedro's problem left flank.

McLean, I'm not so fussed about. I think we have enough cover in his area of the pitch, so I don't think we need him as much as the other two

Agreed, although if we ship out Holt, Niko, Miller and possibly Rossiter (I've lost faith now) then there's definitely room for McLean too

Players like that where the bread and butter our team's where based on.

You could get McLean, Walker, Moult and Morgan all for nothing.

Moult replaces Miller, McLean replaces Kranjar, Walker for the mid left position and Morgan instead of Dalcio. Replacing ageing or sub standard players for transfer out lay of ÂŁ0.

Foolish to turn your nose up to these players
Exactly. For a fee of ÂŁ0, that is great business. Sign them on 3 year deals and if they play well in the 1st season give them new deals like we will do with Morelos. Sure, they can decline the contract, but then we sell them for instant profit. Worth the gamble, imo and could be good back-up players if nothing else.

Last edited:
I think Moult could really add something to our attack. Full of pace, full of energy, a decent scorer.

Walker could also be the finishing touch on Pedro's problem left flank.

McLean, I'm not so fussed about. I think we have enough cover in his area of the pitch, so I don't think we need him as much as the other two
Jason holt came on the other night so I’m not sure we have enough cover

As in one we're interested in or just because he's been on good form?
Interest...but I'm not in the know. Just heard it from a few St Midden folk who seem to think we are keen on him. One guy said his contract is up in December which I found strange. So with him (if the December thing is true) he'd be available in Jan for sure.

Most rave about this kid. Best they have seen since Frank McGarvey is how some of the older generation mention him(wee bit before my time so others can judge on that one as a benchmark)

Moult - far better than Miller and time will tell if he's better than Herrera ( looks a more natural goalscorer though ) somid take him
McLean - would add depth to the midfield and is obviously a decent player and a bluenose
Walker - same as above, adds depth to a fragile squad and a bluenose

Walker is a no brainer.
Moult scored 20+ 2 seasons in a row in a shite motherwell team and is off to a flyer again this season another no brainer on a free.
McLean showed promise but has faded this year, downed tools not committed or just simply peaked and now showing his real level ?

Either way these guys mentioned should be squad players at worst giving the gaffer food for thought or pushing for a start if we got them on pre contracts or a nominal fee.

Replacing older guys and guys just not cutting it is a winner imo,and this new blood hits the ground running and guns us back to the top we sell when folk come sniffing at top doller as we paid next to nowt.

A few decent spl players in the squad will do us no harm,like other said look at Ryan Jack,he's flying.

WATP

Last edited:
We are trying to win the title not reach the top 6. We need a far higher calibre of player although Moult domestically would be a good signing. The other 2, not near good enough.

Walker has never impressed when playing against us.
We would be sniggering if it was the tims who were linked with him.
He wouldn't be my first pick either
Seriously? He ripped us to bits at Tynecastle last year. We could not handle him, made him look like Messi. I have only watched him against us but would have him.

With Walker and McLean you would be buying young Scottish players who have established themselves in the league we play in and proven to be some of the best in that league. I think that is the kind of players we should be buying if we cant bring them through ourselves. They wont all work out but we need this type of player to make up the bulk of our squad and compliment higher cost / quality foreigners. Rangers fans or leanings is a plus as well.

Big Moult i really know nothing about but he seems to be doing the business.

Three low cost, low risk signings that can play in areas we are without a doubt short in? On 2 1/2 year deals i would go for it and try and get them all in in January.

People moan about us not having a strong bench or have strength in depth. Those are the players you need for that, there not world beaters but they know the league and lift the basic level of the squad.

This in spades.

I'd like to think the Board / Mark Allen are already thinking a few moves ahead when it comes to the next round of signings etc.
They should be.

Its pretty much a stick on we will go for Walker on a pre contract.

Moult should be a no brainer aswell. The more goalscorers we have in our squad the better.

McLean was awful last night (the whole Aberdeen team was) and apparently has been poor all season, so i wonder if we will have 2nd thoughts about him?

All three would go into our starting Eleven tomorrow and improve it. Still cant believe we gambled on Windass with no player to challenge him for left wing.
Walker and Moult would fit into our style perfect.

We need more depth to our squad so these are deals we should be looking at. Moult replaces Miller, McLean replaces Holt and Walker is an upgrade on Windass. Any money we have to spend we can then look to strengthen the first XI.

I hope we sign all 3 of them but Moult would be my first pick now after seeing some of his performances this season.

I wasnt sure on Louis Moult until last night, he tortured the Aberdeen defence for the full game, has a good first touch, and ultimately knows where the net is!!!
The other 2 i would have signed in July if the price was right, all 3 would help the team and if we can tie them down come January, then id be delighted

Out of the 3, I`d want Kenny McLean the most... anyone that is underwhelmed, see Ryan Jack.

The boy is class and a bear. The OP is right though, we should be targeting all 3. Very decent SPFL players

Players like that where the bread and butter our team's where based on.

You could get McLean, Walker, Moult and Morgan all for nothing.

Moult replaces Miller, McLean replaces Kranjar, Walker for the mid left position and Morgan instead of Dalcio. Replacing ageing or sub standard players for transfer out lay of ÂŁ0.

Foolish to turn your nose up to these players

Tend to agree with this. All three would certainly strengthen the squad and give us greater depth and flexibility of formation.
They would probably displace current squad players therefore they would be very low risk as no additional cost. We can also continue to add quality with one or two signings per window on top of any Bosmans.

I wouldn't pay money for McLean but I'd take him seeing as he's out of contract. Anyone underwhelmed by signing Jack must not watch many of the other SPL games. Aberdeen are missing him massively, as last night once again proved. With Mclean I don't think he's anywhere near Jacks potential.

I reckon it's safe to say Walker will be a Rangers player soon enough signing a pre in Jan.

Moult I think will seek options down south if they are there for him, but I have been impressed with him this season and believe he would be a strong option up front for us.

good threads the guy who manufactured and increased the intensity,in last nights game was moult,the vision of him and morelos up front is a good one.

Sign all 3, while all of them might not improve the starting 11 they certainly improve the squad, and thats what we need.

Its all good and well having a great starting 11 but when you get injuries and dont have players of a similar quality to fill in then whats the point.

Moult for Miller
Morgan for Dalcio
Walker not for anybody as we don't have a proper left mid.
Mclean for Holt.

Use Kranjcar's wages for a right decent signing.

I think moult an Morelos would terrorise defences
Non stop running ,both a real handfull
Running the channels or in behind
An most important,they both know where the goal is
The make things happen

I think this would be great business. McLean is the best of the theee in my opinion closely followed by Walker. Moult would be half decent cover.

Interest...but I'm not in the know. Just heard it from a few St Midden folk who seem to think we are keen on him. One guy said his contract is up in December which I found strange. So with him (if the December thing is true) he'd be available in Jan for sure.

Most rave about this kid. Best they have seen since Frank McGarvey is how some of the older generation mention him(wee bit before my time so others can judge on that one as a benchmark)

Haven't seen Morgan, but if he is as good as McGarvey then he would be a decent addition. McGarvey was a good player. Not top-drawer, but a good forward.

If we can get the likes of McLean, Moult etc.........on frees then it's a no brainer. Of our first team squad we have about 14/15 that are good enough which means we need more depth.

Also, for a minimal outlay we may get a good return on one or two of them in the transfer market - obviously it should be about what they do on the pitch, but it is something we have to take into consideration.

I think McLean would struggle to get into the team ahead of Dorrans and Jack but Walker would probably get in ahead of Windass on the left. Moult would be a good option to have up top as well.

I would not have any of them. We dont need more squad players. We have a spine to build on. I only want quality signings.

Back