Am - Hagi - away
9- dessers - stay
9- Danilo - jury still out
9- lammers - away
9- roofe - away

What a massive job clement and the Dof has in front of them
Our next 3 seasons rest upon this window

Why the next 3 seasons?

We have all been saying we need a rebuild for years now and it never happens, from your list there you have up to 15 players leaving?

We are simply never having a circa 30 player turnover, its pure fantasy OP!

Gk- Butland (stay captain material)
Lb - Ridvan - may be sold if offer comes in
Lb - Barasic - away
Cb- balugon - may be away
Cb- Davies - should be away if offer is made
Cb - souttar - stays
Cb - Goldson - may well be away
Cb - king - stay
RB- Tav - time may be up
Rb - sterling - may be moved to different positions
Mf- Lunny - away
Mf- Dio - main man now
Mf- jack -away
Mf- Raskin - ?
Lf - Matondo - could be sold
Lf- sima - not our player
Lf- silva - not our player
Lf - Cortes - loan again ?
Rf - wee Ross- stay
Rf- wright - away
AM - Cantwell - stay
Am - Lawrence -stay
Am - Hagi - away
9- dessers - stay
9- Danilo - jury still out
9- lammers - away
9- roofe - away

What a massive job clement and the Dof has in front of them
Our next 3 seasons rest upon this window
I agree with the majority of what you have there.

Dessers - If we can get our money back, we take it. I like the big guy, good attitude, etc. but just not the answer for the outlay. Plus his age, means if we are to get any money for him it will be this summer.

Lawrence - Has not delivered anything more than a couple of fleeting moments. He will be on good money. Hopefully still thought of in the championship we should be able to get a fee for him.

Clement and Koppen have a HUGE job ahead of them clearing up the mess made by Wilson & Beale.

So, just the 16 players that potentially need replaced? I don't necessarily disagree with the OP's assessment of who should go and who should stay but I fear this will take multiple windows.

It's more likely we will see up to 8 coming and 8 going in the summer.

As much as we'd like a complete clear out it's just impossible. We can't be shipping 16 players out and expect the same number coming in.
Unfortunately we will be stuck with players next season we don't want or need.

The majority of the support does not have the patience for a rebuild of this size unfortunately. Start drawing or losing a couple of games whilst in transition and there will be calls for the sacking of the manager, recruitment staff and board.

Dessers - If we can get our money back, we take it. I like the big guy, good attitude, etc. but just not the answer for the outlay. Plus his age, means if we are to get any money for him it will be this summer.

Lawrence - Has not delivered anything more than a couple of fleeting moments. He will be on good money. Hopefully still thought of in the championship we should be able to get a fee for him.

Clement and Koppen have a HUGE job ahead of them clearing up the mess made by Wilson & Beale.
Dowell fits the Lawrence description too. Would move both on if we could bring in fees.

We could possibly be the only fanbase in history to demand a rebuild after a team has reached the last 16 of the Europa and won a domestic treble.

As much as we'd like a complete clear out it's just impossible. We can't be shipping 16 players out and expect the same number coming in.
Unfortunately we will be stuck with players next season we don't want or need.
Think it’s 12 out and 10 in minimum.

Lundstram, Jack, McLaughlin, Barisic, Silva, Lammers, Hagi, Roofe, Wright, Davies and King (his career is not going to progress getting the minutes he is) are surely definites. Then it’s about if you can get fees or who offers come in for. And whether we retain Sima and Cortes

That could be Tav and Goldson or it could be moving on Dessers while we still can or getting an offer for Lawrence etc (eg Derby have just been promoted…) or a massive offer for the likes of Butland or Ridvan.

Expecting it to be busy but don’t expect as many incomings as outgoings (ie net reduction in the squad and payroll).

We have all been saying we need a rebuild for years now and it never happens, from your list there you have up to 15 players leaving?

We are simply never having a circa 30 player turnover, it’s pure fantasy OP!
I don’t think we’ll be far off it.

Barisic, Balogun, Roofe, Lundstram, Jack and McLaughlin are all out of contract; Sima, Silva and Cortes are loans. That’s nine players straight away who may not be here next season. Then you look at Hagi and Lammers who are clearly surplus to requirements, and after that you have guys like Davies, Matondo, Wright, Dowell, etc most of whom who I think we’ll be actively looking to move on in the summer, and that’s before you get to the Tav and Goldson situation / rumours.

Think it’s 12 out and 10 in minimum.

Lundstram, Jack, McLaughlin, Barisic, Silva, Lammers, Hagi, Roofe, Wright, Davies and King (his career is not going to progress getting the minutes he is) are surely definites. Then it’s about if you can get fees or who offers come in for. And whether we retain Sima and Cortes

That could be Tav and Goldson or it could be moving on Dessers while we still can or getting an offer for Lawrence etc (eg Derby have just been promoted…) or a massive offer for the likes of Butland or Ridvan.

Expecting it to be busy but don’t expect as many incomings as outgoings (ie net reduction in the squad and payroll).
Here's hoping we can get most of the players not needed out the door mate. Hoping the gaffer and Koppen have something planned for the overhaul that's needed.

Id punt Lawrence too. For all the grief guys like dessers gets for being inconsistent, Lawrence is every bit as bad.

I think our support are in for a big surprise if they think we are even close to getting rid of Dessers.

The majority of the support might have the same opinion of him but there's no way the club will get rid of him since he's basically scored 20 goals and we won't get anywhere close to what we paid for him.

He might not feature as much next season but he will stay in my opinion.

Butland
Tav (unless a silly offer comes in)
Balogun (backup option)
Sterling
Diomande
Cantwell (decent offer and I’d punt him)

The rest can go as far as I’m concerned due to either being injury prone or just poor

Would like to try and keep Sima and Cortes for another loan though

How does it work out regards FFP and how much we can spend on players this summer? Can player sales be used immediately for expenditure, or are we tied to previous years books irrespective?

Gk,Butland
RB,Tavernier
Cb,Souttar
LB,Ridvan
DM,Lundstram
DM,CM,Diomande
CM,Raskin
AM,Cantwell
AM,Hagi
LW,RW Sima (sign )
LW,RW,Cortes ( loan )
ST,Danilo
ST,Dessers
RW,McCausland
Everywhere bar GK, Sterling
I think they'll remain at our club next season.
Need LB/CB, CB, RB/CB
CM, AM/CM
RW/ST ST
Maybe 7 players
CB captain material must be a priority.
Striker prolific also.

Back