The State Of Old Trafford Sums Up Where Man Utd Are Right Now

Its happened at the Emirates Stadium too, which was probably more embarrassing.

Regardless, it does seem Sir Jim Ratcliffe is seriously contemplating demolishing Old Trafford and building a new version, for only £2-3 Billion.

Now if he could only spare a few million to save the Grangemouth Refinery, national interest and all that?

There’s so much money swirling around for the elite players , that I’m starting to wonder if the northern thing is starting to become an issue , A lot of players prefer London , Obviously the guardiola effect has done it with Man City , But I’m not sure about where Liverpool go when Kopp leaves and I think Utd are years away , They might contend in the epl but Europe I’m not too sure , You can throw all the money you like at a player but as we have seen they just don’t seem that interested

Allowed a miasma to infect the dressing room and the pathetic Ole love in from his media mates made it worse.

Like us, the biggest club in their country hamstrung by terrible mangerial appointments and players who will never win titles.

I noticed people were moving from the front rows when the rain started but I didn’t realise how bad it was.
Saw an article recently saying Ratcliffe wants the Government to help pay for a new 90,000 capacity stadium to be a kind of “Wembley of the North”. The mentally challengeds would be proud of that approach.

I did the old Trafford tour a few months ago and was expecting it to be a shit tip. However, I was quite surprised at how well kept it seemed. Probably only showed us the good parts mind you.

Problems extending the stand where the dug outs are due to the railway and nearby houses.

How is that place passing it's yearly safety certificate? Seriously? I dunno the ins and outs of what sort of checks get carried out. But I imagine you could say that's a slip hazard to fans.
They do the survey on a dry day

Regardless, it does seem Sir Jim Ratcliffe is seriously contemplating demolishing Old Trafford and building a new version, for only £2-3 Billion.

Now if he could only spare a few million to save the Grangemouth Refinery, national interest and all that?

Not a hope in hell he invests a penny of his own money into that.

In the same way he won’t with Grangemouth.

He’s a smart political player and both only get build or saved with heavy government backing.

He’s clearly no idiot - he’s not building a new stadium unless he benefits from it.

Suspect as part of the compensation package on HS2 plus the northern powerhouse pish - they’ll get a wedge.

Grangemouth would get saved if the Govt sorted out a transition package to shift its future purpose.

Not a hope in hell he invests a penny of his own money into that.

In the same way he won’t with Grangemouth.

He’s a smart political player and both only get build or saved with heavy government backing.

He’s clearly no idiot - he’s not building a new stadium unless he benefits from it.

Suspect as part of the compensation package on HS2 plus the northern powerhouse pish - they’ll get a wedge.

Grangemouth would get saved if the Govt sorted out a transition package to shift its future purpose.
Yip, he ripped the pish out of the Scottish government with Grangemouth & looks like he will be doing the same with United.

Yip, he ripped the pish out of the Scottish government with Grangemouth & looks like he will be doing the same with United.

I can’t quite find the right words - but he’s not quite an asset stripper as such, but he leverages a lot of external funding/pressure and then runs a very lean, successful business model. It obviously has proven success.

Suspect he’ll work a similar arrangement for their new stadium.

Went to a CL game at OT few seasons ago. Loved the stadium- quite traditional with the old brickwork etc. Much prefer it to the likes of Spurs new one.

It was also £3 for a pint of Madri on the concourse! First time I had tried it. Shocked at how good the prices were.

You can now see why Radcliffe was losing his shit about the infrastructure and the general state of the place.

The Glazers are fucking parasites

A club im happy to see struggle,there plastic fans all over are unbearable.

It’s the first thing Sir Jim Radcliffe pointed out, how scruffy and unprofessional various departments were, it looks like the whole place has been neglected both in structure and personnel.

Must admit the one and only time I was in old Trafford was the last time we played them in the Champions league and even back then I wasn’t that impressed by it.

It’s the first thing Sir Jim Radcliffe pointed out, how scruffy and unprofessional various departments were, it looks like the whole place has been neglected both in structure and personnel.

Place has a similar feel about it to Ibrox around the time the spivs were ousted.

He wants it funded by the tax payers!

Old Trafford wasn't the only place affected as terminal one at Manchester airport also flooded apparently and the show at Victoria warehouse was also cancelled so it was more than just normal rain.

I wasn't overly impressed with the ground when we were there a couple of weeks ago, especially the concourses in the SAF stand which were so crowded you couldn't move

Lot of the Arsenal fans were caught out wearing T Shirts..left sunny London to meet a thunderstorm.

At least they won which makes it bearable

Back