Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

You can't say that injuries are the worst you have ever experienced in your managerial career and that you are going to sort it one minute and then present the support with an all new shiny version of Ryan Jack* on a new one year deal the next and expect them to take it seriously. No danger is Phil that daft.

*(Now only out 50% of the season!)

Have seen a lot of Dion Sanderson and he’s absolutely crud. Cant see that being a goer. Makes a lot of mistakes and is poor on the ball. Typical Championship clogger, who definitely isn’t any better than Ben Davies.

The poster who was right about him signing last year, even when the press and fan media were saying no has posted that a deal has been agreed with an English team for £20m+ (no breakdown of what that is up front/installments, etc) but their info, which is said to be due to them having a direct link, has been good in the past.
Can you link us to it mate, might just be me missing it.

giphy.gif

SIGNED in Summer 2024:
Mohamed Diomande (22) CM - £4.5m (Nordsjælland)

GONE in Summer 2024
Borna Barisic – OOC
Kemar Roofe – OOC
Ryan Jack – OOC
John Lundstram – OOC
Leon Balogun – OOC
Jon McLaughlin – OOC
Abdallah Sima – end of loan - Brighton
Fabio Silva - end of loan - Wolves
Oscar Cortes - end of loan - Lens

OUT ON LOAN:
Jose Cifuentes - on loan at Cruzeiro with option 1/2025

RUMOURS:
IN – Oscar Cortes (20) LW/RW - Lens contract 6/2028 - rumoured new 1 year loan with option
IN – Jose Cordoba (22) CB – Levski Sofia contract 6/2025 - rumoured £3m permanent
IN – Jefte (20) LB – Fluminense contract 1/2027- rumoured £400k permanent
IN – Relebohile Mofokeng (20) LW – Orlando Pirates contract unknown
IN - Paddy McNair (29) CB - Free transfer
IN - Dion Sanderson (24) CB - Birmingham contract 6/2027
IN - Ben Johnson (24) RB - Free transfer
IN - Raphael Borges Rodrigues (20) LW - Macarthur FC contract 6/2025 with 1 year option
IN - Sol Sidibe (17) CM - Stoke contract 6/2025

OUT – James Tavernier – Rumoured interest from Al-Ettifaq
OUT - Connor Goldson - Rumoured interest from Al-Ettifaq
OUT - Jack Butland - Rumoured to be heading back to England

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
Excellent timing OP:D just what we needed

The poster who was right about him signing last year, even when the press and fan media were saying no has posted that a deal has been agreed with an English team for £20m+ (no breakdown of what that is up front/installments, etc) but their info, which is said to be due to them having a direct link, has been good in the past.
Hes probably been told that but we aren't getting 21 million for Butland. Come on man.

A Right Back 2 CBs A midfielder a winger if we’re not signing Sima and CF as happy with Dessers and Danilo fighting for Second and Third choice we need to gamble that were qualifying for CL rather than waiting as seen what happened when we did that with Gio

I fully expect the likes of Davies, Dowell, Lawrence, Hagi, Matonda, Wright, to still be on the books come mid-July, not cos I want that but because I doubt we will find a buyer for them ‘early in the window’.

Yilmaz will be at the Euros so I expect any move would happen after that.

We might manage to punt King or Kieron Wright to a Kilmarnock or similar early on, and hopefully get Lammers off the books quite early, but I can see us being stuck with that other bunch til the window is closing and we accept a pittance for them. Enough to turn you to drink.

Hes probably been told that but we aren't getting 21 million for Butland. Come on man.
I've no idea. We supposedly turned down 12m in January so it would be above that, just answering the other posters question.
Can you link us to it mate, might just be me missing it.
It was posted 3 days ago, got deleted yesterday, I think. The poster took a lot of abuse but there were some others well known people on here who backed them up regarding past info. So who knows. The other thing i remember from the post was that this was supposedly agreed before the semi-final.

Jack has been a great player and a very good signing but if we are really introducing a data based recruitment model you can't be signing up players again that are unfit for 75% of the season.

I hope he is able to get over the injury issues and play a full season of football next year for whoever he signs for but we can't have another year of excuses and having 5-10 players out every game.

I fully expect the likes of Davies, Dowell, Lawrence, Hagi, Matonda, Wright, to still be on the books come mid-July, not cos I want that but because I doubt we will find a buyer for them ‘early in the window’.

Yilmaz will be at the Euros so I expect any move would happen after that.

We might manage to punt King or Kieron Wright to a Kilmarnock or similar early on, and hopefully get Lammers off the books quite early, but I can see us being stuck with that other bunch til the window is closing and we accept a pittance for them. Enough to turn you to drink.
I agree , we have to look at replacing who’s left before punting some of the liabilities we have. It’s already a significant rebuild with 8 ooc players and 3 loans ending. With 4/5 of them being classified starters. This is even before the idea of getting rid of those who will remain past June 1st. Kloppen has a long summer ahead

I've no idea. We supposedly turned down 12m in January so it would be above that, just answering the other posters question.

It was posted 3 days ago, got deleted yesterday, I think. The poster took a lot of abuse but there were some others well known people on here who backed them up regarding past info. So who knows. The other thing i remember from the post was that this was supposedly agreed before the semi-final.
Would be gutted to see him go but you couldn’t turn that down. Great bit of business for someone here for a year and gives Clement funds to kick on.

Would spend a large chunk of it on defenders too, doubt you’ll get a keeper as good but if the defence is upgraded then it balances out. You look at Arsenal for example, Raya isn’t the best in the league but Saliba and Gabriel have meant he doesn’t need to be.

Some boy Rosco
giphy.gif

SIGNED in Summer 2024:
Mohamed Diomande (22) CM - £4.5m (Nordsjælland)

GONE in Summer 2024
Borna Barisic – OOC
Kemar Roofe – OOC
Ryan Jack – OOC
John Lundstram – OOC
Leon Balogun – OOC
Jon McLaughlin – OOC
Abdallah Sima – end of loan - Brighton
Fabio Silva - end of loan - Wolves
Oscar Cortes - end of loan - Lens

OUT ON LOAN:
Jose Cifuentes - on loan at Cruzeiro with option 1/2025

RUMOURS:
IN – Oscar Cortes (20) LW/RW - Lens contract 6/2028 - rumoured new 1 year loan with option
IN – Jose Cordoba (22) CB – Levski Sofia contract 6/2025 - rumoured £3m permanent
IN – Jefte (20) LB – Fluminense contract 1/2027- rumoured £400k permanent
IN – Relebohile Mofokeng (20) LW – Orlando Pirates contract unknown
IN - Paddy McNair (29) CB - Free transfer
IN - Dion Sanderson (24) CB - Birmingham contract 6/2027
IN - Ben Johnson (24) RB - Free transfer
IN - Raphael Borges Rodrigues (20) LW - Macarthur FC contract 6/2025 with 1 year option
IN - Sol Sidibe (17) CM - Stoke contract 6/2025

OUT – James Tavernier – Rumoured interest from Al-Ettifaq
OUT - Connor Goldson - Rumoured interest from Al-Ettifaq
OUT - Jack Butland - Rumoured to be heading back to England

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS

Good effort mate! Amazing to be back up and running with a new transfer thread B-).

My only suggestion to the OP / Admins would to be add the links to the mega threads that already exist for certain player rumoured out, next to their names and try and get people to use those instead of 50 pages of of the summer transfer thread derailed by what Tav / Borna / Lundstram have brought or don’t bring to the teams!

Key areas to strengthen for me:
1. The CB partnship. Goldson plus whoever isn’t injured cannot cut the mustard anymore. Get two starting XI picks, one right footed one left, and we’re off to a good start.
2. RB - as widely agreed, business as usual with Tav playing every minute of every game needs to stop. A new first choice RB is essential to set the right tone and get the fans onside from day 1.
3. Right winger - how many years is it since we’ve had one?
4. Striker - no shortage of suggestions, but we cannot go into next season with Dessers and Danilo the only options. Lammers will be sold, I don’t doubt that.
5. Centre mid - replacement for Lundstram and belatedly Davis.

Honourable mention; left back. Keep Ridvan, but depth is needed here. Jefte? Robbie Fraser looked good the other night, wouldn’t be opposed to him as 3rd choice backup.

Now this is open, might as well chuck some unsubstantiated rumours in.

My good mate i go to the games with sits in the govan front and said after the killie game that the guy behind him is the rangers estate agent type guy and apparently both butland and cantwell have activated their 3 month notice period on their flats so either they are off or moving to more permanent homes (if true. So, nothing overly helpful there.

I was also talking to Ryan Jack on Monday and he gave nothing away (why would he to be fair) but saod he was gutted how the season went (obviously). Didn’t give much away but i didn’t get the impression a decision was made either way. Apparently my son in P1 is ‘going out’ with his daughter. Ive already told him to patch her unless he leaves.

Shankland was at the school as well and his family have settled in bothwell. Decent news for those wanting to sign if he is putting roots down here.

Il share anything else i get from the 2 others in the first team set up i know, if anything.

Exciting summer and hopefully one that has a 55 style impact.

You can't say that injuries are the worst you have ever experienced in your managerial career and that you are going to sort it one minute and then present the support with an all new shiny version of Ryan Jack* on a new one year deal the next and expect them to take it seriously. No danger is Phil that daft.

*(Now only out 50% of the season!)
It's not a one off season either where this has happened with Jack.

Jesus. We can’t turn down that kind of money when we need such a substantial rebuild but will be sad to see him leave.

Now this is open, might as well chuck some unsubstantiated rumours in.

My good mate i go to the games with sits in the govan front and said after the killie game that the guy behind him is the rangers estate agent type guy and apparently both butland and cantwell have activated their 3 month notice period on their flats so either they are off or moving to more permanent homes (if true. So, nothing overly helpful there.

I was also talking to Ryan Jack on Monday and he gave nothing away (why would he to be fair) but saod he was gutted how the season went (obviously). Didn’t give much away but i didn’t get the impression a decision was made either way. Apparently my son in P1 is ‘going out’ with his daughter. Ive already told him to patch her unless he leaves.

Shankland was at the school as well and his family have settled in bothwell. Decent news for those wanting to sign if he is putting roots down here.

Il share anything else i get from the 2 others in the first team set up i know, if anything.

Exciting summer and hopefully one that has a 55 style impact.
FWIW it's only 30 or 31 days notice you need to give as a tenant on a rental property.

84 days if a landlord is kicking out the tenant I'm sure but that can change on time stayed etc if I remember correctly.

So file under misheard or pish.

I’ll share a crumb of ITK-ness to add to this. LS’s agent is a certain former Rangers left sided winger. Talks have been going back and forth between them and us since January, and apparently PC is simply not interested in LS. I’d be pleasantly surprised if there’s any progress this summer, but it doesn’t sound likely.
(Note: LS is desperate for the move.)

Last edited:
Scottish players in id like Watson from Kilmarnock, Barron, Lennon miller and shankland if a deal can be done (with no guarantee he'd be out no.1 striker).

Wonder if Calvin Ramsey would be available on a loan/loan to buy, seams to be well out of favour at Liverpool with some uninspiring loan spells
How did Watson do tonight anyone watch ?

I’ll share a crum of ITK-ness to add to this. LS’s agent is a certain former Rangers left sided winger. Talks have been going back and forth between them and us since January, and apparently PC is simply not interested in LS. I’d be pleasantly surprised if there’s any progress this summer, but it doesn’t sound likely.
(Note: LS is desperate for the move.)
Clement was not interested in him in January.

I never got clarification as to whether that meant not interested at the price Hearts wanted or not interested 'period'.

Ben Johnson yes please.
Not for me. We’d have to pay a chunky signing-on fee to him & his agent, (think Aribo) and then wages for someone coming from the EPL. And if he turns into another Ben Davies or Matonda we’re stuck with him. That’s the issue with so-called ‘free’ transfers from England.

%^*& me that’s a fair few players contracted until 2026 that I don’t like.

I was sure Scott Wright was finishing up this year as well. Another fucking year to go. Rangers handing out massive contracts like sweeties.
The reason we are in this mess with a poor sqaud

I heard a rumour last season from someone who knows his family (I KNOW) that Ryan Jack's continued injuries woes are being blamed on use of injections by the club.
Apparently said injections have caused a degenerative muscle problem with the the contract award last year essentially being a preemptive compensation award.

So, IF there is any truth to this it wouldn't surprise me if he was given another year. AND IF he was given another year I personally would take that as evidence that this rumour might have some truth to it......after all what other reason would there be for giving a permanently injured player another contract.

Source : some guy I know lol

Last edited:
Back