Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just sign some good players who will win us the league. We need 2 x cb, a rb, lb, probably about 3 cm, at least 2/3 wingers and a main striker.

That imo is the bare minimum for us winning the league next year. Probably a no10 as well. We need to reinvent the spine of this team.

I really hope the 20 mil Butland rumour is true.

We all love Jack, he's been a superb signing and been virtually faultless all season. But a great GK alone doesn't win you the league, as we've seen this year. And for the scale of the squad refresh that we need, it's vital we have some serious funds to play with in the market. So for the greater good, we have to reluctantly grab the money if its on offer.

That fee alone could cover permanent deals for Dio, Sima, Cortes (although maybe another year loan is the sensible play there) and the new CB Cordoba whos rumoured to be close.

Add in another 5-10 from selling the likes of Lammers, Matondo, Davies, Hagi etc (maybe even more if Stevie G does us a favour with Goldson and Tav) plus hopefully the board can stump up about the same and it looks entirely possible that we could bring in another half dozen or so players at the 3-4 mil mark if we want to. Hopefully use the out of contract and loan market wisely as well.

Reckon 10 -12 new signings is about the number we should be aiming for.

Something like this then for next season:

New GK
New rb New cb New cb Yilmaz
Sterling Dio New AM
Sima new ST Cortes

Bench/squad: Dessers, Danilo, Souttar, Raskin, Cantwell, McCausland, new CM, new RB, new LW, new RW.

Not against seeing the likes of Fraser and McKinnon getting used more often as well.

Hopefully Koppen doesn't have any summer holidays planned...

Sign/find Quality players that have the heart for battle and can handle the pressure of playing for Glasgow Rangers and deliver the trophies that we crave/desire and won’t shit the bed in the games that matter please Mr Clement! Mr Koppen!

Don’t envy the job they have to do getting rid of all the trash in our squad and trying to find players good enough for our club!

2nd place is not acceptable!

I heard a rumour last season from someone who knows his family (I KNOW) that Ryan Jack's continued injuries woes are being blamed on use of injections by the club.
Apparently said injections have caused a degenerative muscle problem with the the contract award last year essentially being a preemptive compensation award.

So, IF there is any truth to this it wouldn't surprise me if he was given another year. AND IF he was given another year I personally would take that as evidence that this rumour might have some truth to it......after all what other reason would there be for giving a permanently injured player another contract.

Source : some guy I know lol
Are you sure it is degenerative muscle rather than muscle atrophy mate ?

giphy.gif

SIGNED in Summer 2024:
Mohamed Diomande (22) CM - £4.5m (Nordsjælland)

GONE in Summer 2024
Borna Barisic – OOC
Kemar Roofe – OOC
Ryan Jack – OOC
John Lundstram – OOC
Leon Balogun – OOC
Jon McLaughlin – OOC
Abdallah Sima – end of loan - Brighton
Fabio Silva - end of loan - Wolves
Oscar Cortes - end of loan - Lens

OUT ON LOAN:
Jose Cifuentes - on loan at Cruzeiro with option 1/2025

RUMOURS:
IN – Oscar Cortes (20) LW/RW - Lens contract 6/2028 - rumoured new 1 year loan with option
IN – Jose Cordoba (22) CB – Levski Sofia contract 6/2025 - rumoured £3m permanent
IN – Jefte (20) LB – Fluminense contract 1/2027- rumoured £400k permanent
IN – Relebohile Mofokeng (20) LW – Orlando Pirates contract unknown
IN - Paddy McNair (29) CB - Free transfer
IN - Dion Sanderson (24) CB - Birmingham contract 6/2027
IN - Ben Johnson (24) RB - Free transfer
IN - Raphael Borges Rodrigues (20) LW - Macarthur FC contract 6/2025 with 1 year option
IN - Sol Sidibe (17) CM - Stoke contract 6/2025

OUT – James Tavernier – Rumoured interest from Al-Ettifaq
OUT - Connor Goldson - Rumoured interest from Al-Ettifaq
OUT - Jack Butland - Rumoured to be heading back to England

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS

FU*CKSAKE

Ryan Jack it’s time to go, madness if he gets another season (again) ! Blair Spittal at Motherwell looks decent and wouldn’t cost much

Feel like I say this every single year but can we please sign a left footed RW who scores goals please?

Would also be nice to bring in some midfielders who are mobile and who can pass the ball quickly and accurately.

The biggest signing for me we need to make this summer is a midfielder that can control the tempo of the game we've never replaced Davis. Then we need a box to box midfielder cause we've not replaced Arfield since he left.

We all love Jack, he's been a superb signing and been virtually faultless all season. But a great GK alone doesn't win you the league, as we've seen this year. And for the scale of the squad refresh that we need, it's vital we have some serious funds to play with in the market. So for the greater good, we have to reluctantly grab the money if its on offer.

That fee alone could cover permanent deals for Dio, Sima, Cortes (although maybe another year loan is the sensible play there) and the new CB Cordoba whos rumoured to be close.

Add in another 5-10 from selling the likes of Lammers, Matondo, Davies, Hagi etc (maybe even more if Stevie G does us a favour with Goldson and Tav) plus hopefully the board can stump up about the same and it looks entirely possible that we could bring in another half dozen or so players at the 3-4 mil mark if we want to. Hopefully use the out of contract and loan market wisely as well.

New GK
Sterling Dio New AM
Sima new ST Cortes

Bench/squad: Dessers, Danilo, Souttar, Raskin, Cantwell, McCausland, new CM, new RB, new LW, new RW.

Not against seeing the likes of Fraser and McKinnon getting used more often as well.

Not a chance we’re wasting £7M on sima!

The biggest signing for me we need to make this summer is a midfielder that can control the tempo of the game we've never replaced Davis. Then we need a box to box midfielder cause we've not replaced Arfield since he left.
We’re gonna need to change the shape of the team because the 2 man midfield ain’t working either.

FWIW it's only 30 or 31 days notice you need to give as a tenant on a rental property.

84 days if a landlord is kicking out the tenant I'm sure but that can change on time stayed etc if I remember correctly.

So file under misheard or pish.

To be fair, that’s the legalities behind it but they could have negotiated a lower rent for a longer notification period.

I've no idea. We supposedly turned down 12m in January so it would be above that, just answering the other posters question.

It was posted 3 days ago, got deleted yesterday, I think. The poster took a lot of abuse but there were some others well known people on here who backed them up regarding past info. So who knows. The other thing i remember from the post was that this was supposedly agreed before the semi-final.
Aye I did say on the thread there's no need for the abuse but at the same time I said I can't see it being a price like that.

Just sign some good players who will win us the league. We need 2 x cb, a rb, lb, probably about 3 cm, at least 2/3 wingers and a main striker.

That imo is the bare minimum for us winning the league next year. Probably a no10 as well. We need to reinvent the spine of this team.
Aye and bare in mind nobody ever gets 100% of their new players spot on especially us so we'd need all of them to be quality :D

I've no idea. We supposedly turned down 12m in January so it would be above that, just answering the other posters question.

It was posted 3 days ago, got deleted yesterday, I think. The poster took a lot of abuse but there were some others well known people on here who backed them up regarding past info. So who knows. The other thing i remember from the post was that this was supposedly agreed before the semi-final.
If we did turn down 12m in January that doesn't necessarily mean the summer offer would need to be bigger than that. January is mid season and a time where you're much less likely to accept an offer for one of your key players as you've much less time to find a replacement, and the clubs your potential replacements played for would have the same stance half way through their season.

Besides the Ooc players I would like to see, Hagi, Lawrence, Dowell, Wright, Goldson and of course Lammers moved on hopefully for £.
Butland I really don’t want to go especially if we were to spunk £7m or so on Sima.
There are a lot of young players on that linked list which is fine but we can’t just sign kids.

We should be going for Lennon Miller. I heard Halliday say hes better than Billy Gilmour was at his age. Got a feeling he will be tempted away by a team in Italy or the likes though.
Now ... in theory i agree but... and its a big but.

1) would we pay 3m+ for a 17 year old?
2) would he get game time (see rice for details)
3) if you were Lennon Miller ... would you sign for Rangers now? hes playing pretty much week in week out and if he avoid injury will get better and better - would you sacrifice that and sign for Rangers on more money granted, but likely to hardly feature?

we are also not in a position to spend north of 3m on someone for them not to make an impact / be loaned back / out to another club.

The guys we sign this summer need to come in and make a positive impact, we as a club very very rarely sign players who come in settle and make an impact straight away, other teams seems to manage it no problem but ours seem to take ages to settle / break into the team / get fit / get injured etc.

New GK
Sterling Dio New AM
Sima new ST Cortes

Fair enough post for the most part but there's a few things I'm not sure about. For a start I don't think the board will be adding much of their own money. I reckon any fees we pay will come from mostly what we bring in on fees, what we save in wages then we'll get a few transfers and a couple of loans. I don't think Clement will be looking to start the season with Sterling as his first choice centre mid either, I reckon he'll be looking to get his own natural centre mids in there. It doesn't really seem like he fancies Sterling at CM as any more than a cover option. As for Tav and the right back position I reckon he'll still be the number one.

All guess work ofcourse but just my thoughts.

Do we reckon Clement will give any of Cifu, Lammers or Hagi another small chance in preseason or will they all just be gone straight away?

We should be going for Lennon Miller. I heard Halliday say hes better than Billy Gilmour was at his age. Got a feeling he will be tempted away by a team in Italy or the likes though.
Would be my number 1 signing although maybe Cole McKinnon would be as good given a chance as he has very similar attributes.

Do we reckon Clement will give any of Cifu, Lammers or Hagi another small chance in preseason or will they all just be gone straight away?
Could see Hagi getting a chance unless there’s loads of interest at the start of the window.

I honestly can’t see Cifuentes or Lammers wanting to stick around. Lammers especially should have a lot of interest.

Hagi potentially,

Cifu has made it clear he didn't want to be here and i'm sure hes seen enough of Lammers close up, that and we should be able to sell him for a reasonable amount this summer.
Aye reckon hagi and his da will be wanting somewhere where he's pretty much guaranteed first team football now given the stage he's at in his career and he hasn't really kicked on yet so he'd need to be helluva impressive when he comes back

Back