Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Dessers is our first striker since Kenny Miller to get 20 plus in the league. He has his faults but surely moving him this summer seems backwards. He's more than capable of contributing next season. We can't get rid of everyone.

I mean obviously if there's a decent fee offered that gets our money back then maybe it's one to consider but he's not the first person I'd be wanting out the door this summer.

I agree we cant get rid of everyone, but hes horrific. His general play is almost toxic and he misses ridiculous sitters game after game. He needs to go.

Who’s paying £7m for Tav or £4m for Matondo? We couldn’t get shot of wright for 500k last summer how will get that now when he has a year left?
It literally say's in my post "if the Saudi interest is real", so to answer your question, the Saudi's.

Matondo is young and home grown, £4m is pennies to an English Championship Club.

Wright didn't leave because he chose not to leave.

Also the figures in my post are completely made up, by me, they may be miles off, they may be close or they me be spot on. The main point was in relation to who I would keep, sell and bring in.

It literally say's in my post "if the Saudi interest is real", so to answer your question, the Saudi's.

Matondo is young and home grown, £4m is pennies to an English Championship Club.

Also the figures in my post are completely made up, by me, they may be miles off, they may be close or they me be spot on. The main point was in relation to who I would keep, sell and bring in.
Sorry mate, yeah think it would need to be Saudi for the fee and also for his wages.

£4m isn’t much down south but will they buy Matondo for that

We have both a European Manager and Transfer guy who don’t know Scottish football and will be guided by their experience with European leagues. They will sign a couple of Scottish guys to keep the Home grown bit for European games but I would imagine that the majority of our signings will be from the Continent.

I'd heard a rumour about Jack getting another year due to a feeling that we've misdiagnosed/mistreated him during this recent injury rehabilitation.

I had filed it under nonsense, as they say. Is your information coming from said rumour?
Homegrown quota too mate we are needing to keep him also due to the high turnover thats coming buts he’s defo getting one.

Wouldn’t surprise me though they did the same with Raskin botched his diagnosis and rehab apparently.

Armstrong - 83 killie apps (some in champ) 16 goals
Jones - 97 killie apps (first spell all in prem) 11 goals
Would Armstrong play for Celtic? Would he even get on their bench?
Have you watched him or Watson against celtic and other spfl teams this season?
Guaranteed if he was from a European country you be pulling your wire at the thought of him signing

Homegrown quota too mate we are needing to keep him also due to the high turnover thats coming buts he’s defo getting one.

Wouldn’t surprise me though they did the same with Raskin botched his diagnosis and rehab apparently.
Raskin has been fit and ready to play since January. Just not been selected.

I agree we cant get rid of everyone, but hes horrific. His general play is almost toxic and he misses ridiculous sitters game after game. He needs to go.
He has his issues, and I agree we need better, but this is way overboard, massively so, 22 goals despite a terrible start isn’t bad for a striker at all.

Not great, but horrific and toxic? Thats just hyperbolic nonsense

On a playing front there is absolutely no reason to keep Jack. The homegrown quote could easily be filled; Barron, Armstrong, Erhahon. I mention those three as they are cheap and decent players.

Jack hasn't been able to keep himself fit through out his Rangers career. Average of 29 games per season, 32 years old and never going to be robust at this stage in his career.

We've learned nothing if we reward failure and injury with a new contract.

Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

Diomande, Sterling, Raskin.

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)
New proven energetic game grabber CM.
New cf (shankland, Miovski)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

Butland only goes for me as rumours are he wants to leave and we can generate hopefully a large fee for him to bolster the pot.
Tav and Goldson have to moved on alongside Lundstrum. Their time has gone for me and we need them away from club, and that’s even with recognising their contributions (especially Tavs).

Losing the league this year has hit me harder than previous years. Primarly because up till about 5-6 weeks ago, it was all in our own hands and we blew it. I stupidly began to hope this was our season, I’m so done with most of this team I just want almost a complete clearing of the decks.

On a playing front there is absolutely no reason to keep Jack. The homegrown quote could easily be filled; Barron, Armstrong, Erhahon. I mention those three as they are cheap and decent players.

Jack hasn't been able to keep himself fit through out his Rangers career. Average of 29 games per season, 32 years old and never going to be robust at this stage in his career.

We've learned nothing if we reward failure and injury with a new contract.
I think we need a homegrown player who’s trained at the club for 5 years mate I might be wrong.

He shouldn’t be getting a new contract, I think we all agree. But if it’s on low wages then it’s not going to change our summer plans any and isn’t really a monumental mistake.
We will be paying wages for a player who is constantly injured. Money is tight and could be better utilised elsewhere.

This isn’t true at the moment.

Different for a club coming down from the Premier League or if like Coventry you can sell a player for £20m. Very few Championship clubs are paying big fees.

Last season two thirds of teams spent less than £10m total, whilst half brought in more than they spent.

Rangers 2024 for me.

McRorie

NRB Souttar….. yilmaz

Diomande, Sterling, Raskin.

…… Cantwell Cortes

Danilo

Back up
Dessers
Mcausland
McKinnon
Lowry
King
Fraser
Devine
New RB/LB
New lm
New rm (Armstrong)
New cm (Watson)
New cm (Barron)
New proven energetic game grabber CM.
New cf (shankland, Miovski)

Gone in summer
Butland
Goldson
Tav
Matondo
Davies
Lawrence
Dowell
Wright
Silva
Barasic
Sima
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Hagi
Lammers
Mcglaughlin

Butland only goes for me as rumours are he wants to leave and we can generate hopefully a large fee for him to bolster the pot.
Tav and Goldson have to moved on alongside Lundstrum. Their time has gone for me and we need them away from club, and that’s even with recognising their contributions (especially Tavs).

Losing the league this year has hit me harder than previous years. Primarly because up till about 5-6 weeks ago, it was all in our own hands and we blew it. I stupidly began to hope this was our season, I’m so done with most of this team I just want almost a complete clearing of the decks.

Deary me there is no way you want to go into next season with McCrorie No1 and want half the backups to be young unproven players.

SQUAD OF 24/25 CONTRACTED PLAYERS

Keepers:

Robby McCrorie (26) - contract 6/2025
Kieran Wright (25) - contract 6/2025
Jack Butland (31) - contract 6/2027

Defence
Adam Devine (21) – RB – contract 6/2025
Johnly Yfeko (21) - CB contract 6/2026
James Tavernier (32) – RB- contract 6/2026
Leon King (20) - CB - contract 6/2026
Connor Goldson (31) - CB - contract 6/2026
John Souttar (27) - CB - contract 6/2026
Ben Davies (28) - CB - contract 6/2026
Ridvan Yilmaz (22) - LB - contract 6/2027
Dujon Sterling (24) - Anywhere - contract 6/2027

Midfield
Tom Lawrence (30) - AM - contract 6/2025
Scott Wright (26) - LW/RW - contract 6/2025
Alex Lowry (20) - AM - contract 6/2025
Rabbi Matondo (23) – LW/RW - contract 6/2026
Ianis Hagi (25) - AM – contract 6/2026
Todd Cantwell (26) - AM – contract 6/2026
Kieran Dowell (26) - AM - contract 6/2026
Nico Raskin (23) - CM – contract 6/2026
Ross Mcausland (21) - RW - contract 6/2027
Mohamed Diomande (22) - CM - contract ?

Strikers
Sam Lammers (27) - ST - contract 6/2027
Cyriel Dessers (29) - ST contract 6/2027
Danilo (25) - ST - contact 6/2028

I never thought the rebuild would be anything other than huge but fucking hell! It needs to be MASSIVE!

Look at that midfield selection, utterly depressing.

I hope airport aunty has had a good training schedule for this summer. I reckon she's going to be busy af.

Good to see some transfer thread myths being busted early. Won’t stop the same nonsense being repeated constantly though.
What myth people suggesting local players ? how can you even tell that every local player will just be pretty average or even crap, where does it come from transfer sites and values ?

You lot said a million times Shankland was crap and hes won player of the year scoring about 30 goals, that was the biggest and most delusional view in FF history.

I know it's been said a lot already, but I do hope we're looking at Miovski.

Aberdeen got him for around 600k and he's scored 25 goals in 51 games for a struggling team.

Only 24 and has potential sell on value. Looks pacey, holds the ball well and a natural finisher.

I like Shankland, but as an investment, Miovski has to be the way to go. Wonder if they'd be interested in a trade involving Wright?

All the posters pushing for Armstrong, have you watched him regularly?

I work in Ayrshire alongside 4 Killie season ticket holders.

Every single one of them say he is nowhere near the level to play for Rangers regularly. Say he is very similar to Jones but with less pace.

Will play amazing one game, where he's taking on the opposition and contributing towards goals, then easily go 4 or 5 games where he does very little, makes poor decisions and heads into dead ends etc

Every single one of them say we should be signing Watson, he's their main man and will go on to much greater things.

Since that Dr waller came back? If so that's very concerning.

Toxic? He's a limited player but toxic would suggest you think he's doing it on purpose?
His attitude and character, resiliency are his big qualities actually. I really admire that about him.

His standard of play and the teams lack of forward confidence around him is bringing us down and having a negative effect. At times he is ridiculously bad. A striker missing big chances happens, but he so bad I genuinely believe it affects the team. His complete inability to press a defensive line, retain the ball, pass, move across defenders, create space is just not acceptable.

I know it's been said a lot already, but I do hope we're looking at Miovski.

Aberdeen got him for around 600k and he's scored 25 goals in 51 games for a struggling team.

Only 24 and has potential sell on value. Looks pacey, holds the ball well and a natural finisher.

I like Shankland, but as an investment, Miovski has to be the way to go. Wonder if they'd be interested in a trade involving Wright?
If there was anyone we were spending money on in Scotland it would be him. 25 goals a season striker for us and I would think that's just in the league. I would pay the 4-5 million aberdeen would be wanting.

We should be going for Lennon Miller. I heard Halliday say hes better than Billy Gilmour was at his age. Got a feeling he will be tempted away by a team in Italy or the likes though.
And also Barron to replace Jack for the scottish quota.
Phil speaks a lot about bringing in Experiece too so I dont think well be signing that many players with potential.

Seeing the mentions of Armstrong (if it's true about who he supports) give me complete dread. I see the comments about the likes of Taylor who by all accounts support(s/ed) us being able to do a job for the other lot but the way I see it is there's a completely different mindset the other way around. Their cult mentality doesn't allow them to offer the same level of professionalism in my opinion. Michael o'halloran being the obvious example.

Would you trust Armstrong to put in 100% effort/skill when going through 1 on 1 against the keeper in the last minute of a cup final (or league decider) against celtic? I wouldn't. You're guaranteed at least part of his thought process would be taken up by what sort of grief (at least) he'd get from his friends/family, let alone the more extreme element of their support.

For all the panty wetters who want Shankland then HE has the ways and means to become a Ranger if he wants.

Simply buy out his contract as per his comments for I believe £500k agree deal with us to recoup that plus wages and jobs done.

Every SPL team with a player we'd want will apply a "Rangers Tax" which we cannot nor should not pay.

Let the madness begin !

There are players in the league we should be after and money to be made on them too.

Miovski will be pricey but he knows the league and proved himself.

Miller Watson Barron and Cochrane too.

If we don’t they will.

We have to take the best in this league and add quality to it from abroad

And also Barron to replace Jack for the scottish quota.
Phil speaks a lot about bringing in Experiece too so I dont think well be signing that many players with potential.
Could be wrong on this one mate, is the shine grown rule in European football not being abolished from next season?

Back