Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

0926df9b-4a56-4810-9882-8d6c36876679_text.gif

Cortes agent when he notices Madrid bear sitting on his phone updating FF

Not a rumour but a suggestion. Would take mohamed elneny who will be a free agent this summer. He's 31 but is very experienced, probably one of the fittest players at Arsenal, cool head in the middle and chips in with the odd screamer now and again.

Cortes hasn't spent a lot of time in Glasgow apparently as his rehab has been in France? I think that's what he said but I'm not too used to Colombian slang. Puerta would be a loan I think he said. Cortes is definite though according to this guy. I have just bought another bottle of red so I'm probably not going to update much as I will be a wee bit tipsy
Share it with him and see if you can find out Cortes favourite loyalist tune

Archie Knox was scouting Marc Rieper playing for Denmark and went back to Walter raving about Brian Laudrup instead.
I'm sure it was The Gub in FF around late March early May who wrote in his column that Knox was in Italy looking at a player and the Gub suggested the Laudrup would be a good buy. Always wondered if he knew something at the time.

Anyway a good rumour at last. Pleased about Cortes as I thought he looked good when he played. Also the Columbian boy looks more than decent. Hopefully a bit of pace will be injected to the centre of the park too.

Cortes hasn't spent a lot of time in Glasgow apparently as his rehab has been in France? I think that's what he said but I'm not too used to Colombian slang. Puerta would be a loan I think he said. Cortes is definite though according to this guy. I have just bought another bottle of red so I'm probably not going to update much as I will be a wee bit tipsy
Puerta a loan to buy?

Outstanding work btw. Bravo.

Not a rumour but a suggestion. Would take mohamed elneny who will be a free agent this summer. He's 31 but is very experienced, probably one of the fittest players at Arsenal, cool head in the middle and chips in with the odd screamer now and again.
I can think of about 50k reasons why that suggestion is dreadful

Desperation is a terrible thing, and all I have is checking this thread a lot. Going to be a tough summer but I'll bear up. Come on Rangers. Give us something.

Cortes makes sense for all parties. A player who had a taste of playing with us and is able to focus on rehab then come back to us.

It also means we don’t have to stress getting Sima back if Cortes returns and signs permanently.

I don’t see us spending 7m plus also trying to sign Cortes given they play the same position

I’d also say Sima has missed probably half the season so are we really sure we want to spend so much on a guy that’s been injured for half his spell here?
I understand the concern about Sima's injury, but I don't get some of the negativity towards him - IMO he's a tremendous player with a great attitude & I would consider us very fortunate to get him in.

I understand the concern about Sima's injury, but I don't get some of the negativity towards him - IMO he's a tremendous player with a great attitude & I would consider us very fortunate to get him in.

Problem is he'll cost too much money considering how much work we've got to do elsewhere.

He's been our most successful loan signing in a long, long time but he's just not worth the required outlay IMO.

Problem is he'll cost too much money considering how much work we've got to do elsewhere.

He's been our most successful loan signing in a long, long time but he's just not worth the required outlay IMO.

Slightly off-topic: have we had a better loan signing?

I can't think of one - no doubt you'll come up with an obvious name that I've forgotten. :))

Back