Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I don't care what
@madrid-bear I'm calling you a liar!

I'm just not buying this level of inside knowledge from a poster who does not even have an avatar.

Just not having it.

You are a liar sir!

Probably install free boilers for folk who are suffering depression.
You can get a free boiler if you suffer from depression??B-)

As for MB - I don't care what it takes. If that guy wants a rusty trombone then oblige him!

I would sign Sima in a heartbeat. We should be signing the players we bring in on loan and prove they work for us.

Sign him and address another position with a loan signing for the season and if he works out, spend money on him next season etc.

Sima when he was fit was the best player in the country. If we could get him for about £6-7m I'm confident we would get a few good years out of him before moving on a for a profit.

For me there's not a chance we're spending £6-7m on one player this summer.

Beck had agreed everything with Celtic in January to go, Liverpool f*cked it by playing him so he couldn't leave for anyone but Dundee hence why he went back.

Suspect they'll sign him in the summer.
Looks a decent upgrade on Taylor, so I hope not. Let’s hope Slot rates him & wants to keep him.

Looked it up and found this link for anyone interested.

Had a job interview with them a few years ago (finance). Cool story bro and all that, but it’s an incredible concept and they’ve done amazingly to crack into football at the elite level and keep growing. Davie Weir was a big champion of theirs and we were in their network during the Ross Wilson era.

I also think its a tim at the bam up.
Even by "Tim on the bam" standards this would be sh1t.

Tim's on the bam are usually saying stuff controversial to cause arguments or subtly undermine the manager and players in the hopes we start throwing sharks. If it's signing related they might consider the "suggest big name target they have no chance of getting" for the weird joy of having gotten hopes up and convincing some fans a player that's clearly never going to come will come.

They're not finding obscure promising youths that no-one has heard of before and making very specific claims about 3 possible destinations they may go to! At worst, Madrid Bear is attention seeking and wanting to bump up their profile for future mischief, but it will be fairly obvious if that's the case in time.

For now, let's enjoy the positivity of a good rumour story. Even if it's rubbish, this IS the sort of player you would expect Koppen and Clement to be looking at (based on Cortes and Diomande profiles as an example), and whilst there is clearly a lot of potential, none of us will be pinning our hopes on a young Bayer Lev squad player who's played next to no football outside of Columbia.

You'd think if it was someone at the wind up they be saying we're after someone a bit more well known.
And coming out with more controversial statements than us signing a player we already have on loan that his parent club doesn’t want.

He is either an attention seeking bear, or legit.

Seems legit to me but time will tell

Puerta has a good youtube video but according to Wikipedia he was on loan to a 2nd division German side last season and didn't play a game. Anyone know more about that?

If he comes, hopefully he's a player but I'm not massively excited given he's a young lad who's hardly played outside of South America.

It’s far too informative to be made up.
I agree it’s very detailed.

As I posted above it’s the bit where sitting at a table drinking red wine hammering out posts while talking to the agent.

I hope it’s true and I will apologise if it is.

Rangers rumours linking us with

Paul Nardi - keeper
Thomas Galdames - LB
Lenny Lobato - LW

30 year old French keeper for Gent. OOC in the summer. Currently out with a broken leg.
25 year old Chilean LB playing in Argentina. OOC in December
22 year old Brazilian winger playing in Argentina OOC in December

I love how you don’t hear a peep from anyone and then a transfer thread opens up and suddenly heaps impart their inside information upon us.

Why not tell us before the thread?

Some would consider it as attention seeking, but not me.

It’s just a huge coincidence.

How would we would like to see the squad next year? Judging by salty rumours, how would something like this sound?

GKs: Butland, McCrorrie**, Wright**
RBs: Tavernier, Ben Johnson,
CBS: Cordoba (Davies out), J.Soutter*, Balogun, H.Soutter* (Goldson out)
Lbs: Ridvan, Jefte
CMs: Sterling, Diomande, Raskin, Dowell, Puerta
RWs: Cortes, McCausland**, Wright*
AMs: Cantwell, Lawrence, Hagi
LWs: Sima (Lammers out), Matondo
Sts: Danilo, Dessers (or new if sold) Lovelace**

We know Clement is not afraid of some healthy squad rotation, so I'm sure he will be keen to have 2 quality options per position. And with nation (* x3) and club trained (** x4 options) supplemented with a combination of Devine, Fraser, King, Yfeko, McKinnon, Lowry (whoever doesnt get loaned out) we should be good for a decent euro squad.

Would it be a good window if we keep the players above and bring in those 7 in bold (or equivalents)? Would we still be wanting more beyond this? Another striker? Another winger? A new commanding centre mid? Would we have space in the European squad for all those extras?

I agree it’s very detailed.

As I posted above it’s the bit where sitting at a table drinking red wine hammering out posts while talking to the agent.

I hope it’s true and I will apologise if it is.
Not if he's part of a group of guys talking to him. One on one conversation would be weird, but let's face it, we've all been sat at tables in a busy bar in a bigger group sat on our phone whilst a conversation goes on around us.

Don't get me wrong, there's a good chance it's bull. But the fact he's on his phone is not the red flag those who are imagining some intimate 1-to-1 "my dinner with Andre" situation are imagining. By the sounds of it, we already know theres multiple folk folk playing golf this morning who were likely present drinking last night too.

Bull or not... I'm awaiting the 19th hole updates later lol

Last edited:
How would we would like to see the squad next year? Judging by salty rumours, how would something like this sound?

GKs: Butland, McCrorrie**, Wright**
RBs: Tavernier, Ben Johnson,
CBS: Cordoba (Davies out), J.Soutter*, Balogun, H.Soutter* (Goldson out)
Lbs: Ridvan, Jefte
CMs: Sterling, Diomande, Raskin, Dowell, Puerta
RWs: Cortes, McCausland**, Wright*
AMs: Cantwell, Lawrence, Hagi
LWs: Sima (Lammers out), Matondo
Sts: Danilo, Dessers (or new if sold) Lovelace**

We know Clement is not afraid of some healthy squad rotation, so I'm sure he will be keen to have 2 quality options per position. And with nation (* x3) and club trained (** x4 options) supplemented with a combination of Devine, Fraser, King, Yfeko, McKinnon, Lowry (whoever doesnt get loaned out) we should be good for a decent euro squad.

Would it be a good window if we keep the players above and bring in those 7 in bold (or equivalents)? Would we still be wanting more beyond this? Another striker? Another winger? A new commanding centre mid? Would we have space in the European squad for all those extras?

I think need a better quality of striker, I don't think Danilo or Dessers fires us to victory agaisnt that lot.

I think a proper experienced midfielder would help massively also.

Not if he's part of a group of guys talking to him. One on one conversation would be weird, but let's face it, we've all been sat at tables in a busy bar in a bigger group sat on our phone whilst a conversation goes on around us.
Very true

I think need a better quality of striker, I don't think Danilo or Dessers fires us to victory agaisnt that lot.

I think a proper experienced midfielder would help massively also.

If he recovers fully fit then Danilo will help massively with the press and his movement and work rate are also very good.

It's just that sticking the ball in the goal thing that I'm not convinced by him with. Not sure he looks anymore clinical than Dessers TBH.

Back