Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Difficult to judge the level both players are at but we badly need multiple options in the wide positions. Mofokeng Looks similar to Cortes in the clips
I'm sure I saw his value was £400,000, probably end up a bit more than that with add ons etc. But it's a risk worth taking imo. He plays well for us and hopefully in a season or two we make a profit on him.

Or if he turns out to be rotten, he'll end up back where he came from. I would rather that than lose out on signing him and he goes on to rip up whatever league he signs for and end up being sold for £20m+.

How injury prone is Traore?

29 next month and he’s made a total of 198 appearances at club level - if TM are correct?

A further 54 caps for Mali.

I'm sure I saw his value was £400,000, probably end up a bit more than that with add ons etc. But it's a risk worth taking imo. He plays well for us and hopefully in a season or two we make a profit on him.

Or if he turns out to be rotten, he'll end up back where he came from. I would rather that than lose out on signing him and he goes on to rip up whatever league he signs for and end up being sold for £20m+.
That’s the thing, it’s a fairly low risk signing, definitely worth the risk, I worry more about the guys we are spending bigger money on, as we have to get them right given we will likely be signing a good few with not to much cash

Just watched the YT "is on another level" highlights of the young S.A player Mofokeng, who we've being linked with and to be honest if that's the boy's highlights, he is nowhere near the level we need.

Looks like he would very much be a project we are hoping to improve.

Has the raw talent though by the looks of things.

29 next month and he’s made a total of 198 appearances at club level - if TM are correct?

Looks like his move to Metz didn't really work out for whatever reason and his regular appearances didn't really start until he went to Sherrif in January 2021. Has then played 133 games in 3 years, with a lot of goals and assists from right wing, including in the CL. Hasn't played a lot this season though can't see why.

I hope all these signings are untrue and just rumours, sounds like a patchwork quilt.

All foreigners take an age to settle in Scotland for Rangers, sill think ready made Scots are needed.
There’s not many about who can walk into our side currently, nor ones who we can afford.

The idea that because our recruitment was poor before in bringing in foreign players we should focus on bringing in Scottish players is silly. The best value for money signings tend to come from abroad.

Any player we sign from Scotland will probably cost a decent bit of money, shankland even with a year left hearts are going to ask for around 3 million. Lennon Miller and Watson from killie will probably cost a lot of money for a couple of midfielders who wouldn’t be starters. Barron would be the exception given he’s a free.

There side is filled with foreign players, it’s just that they brought in far better ones than we did.

The idea that because our recruitment was poor before in bringing in foreign players we should focus on bringing in Scottish players is silly. The best value for money signings tend to come from abroad.

Any player we sign from Scotland will probably cost a decent bit of money, shankland even with a year left hearts are going to ask for around 3 million. Lennon Miller and Watson from killie will probably cost a lot of money for a couple of midfielders who wouldn’t be starters. Barron would be the exception given he’s a free.

There side is filled with foreign players, it’s just that they brought in far better ones than we did.
It's the first time in a few seasons that I've seen so many Scottish players suggested by posters on here. It's usually just the one or two but seen 7 or 8 different names already. We're usually told that Scottish players aren't good enough for us.

Even during the season Barron wasn't going to be good enough for us, now I feel there will be a few Rangers fans gutted if we don't sign him.

It's the first time in a few seasons that I've seen so many Scottish players suggested by posters on here. It's usually just the one or two but seen 7 or 8 different names already. We're usually told that Scottish players aren't good enough for us.

Even during the season Barron wasn't going to be good enough for us, now I feel there will be a few Rangers fans gutted if we don't sign him.
Cause the thing is if we had a settled team then signing the likes of Barron, Watson and Miller is a no brainer. Watson and Miller could cost the guys of 7/8/9 million. Can we really afford to spend that on a couple of players that might not be first team starters?

If we had to pick one of them to bring in then it’s Lennon Miller and it’s not really close imo. He has the potential to play at the highest level.

There is a case for signing some Scottish players but any that are

1. Good enough
2. Value for money

Are few and far between. It's not like we could go out and sign many, if any, of the national team squad and we aren't in a position to be spending millions on players who won't be a regular to try and develop like Miller or Watson.

The manager mentioned a few months back about the make up of the squad particularly related to Europe. He said we needed Scottish players and Academy players as part of first team squad. I would expect us to sign a couple of Scottish players , two or 3 of the B Team players to be promoted to first team. A few free transfers and any money that is not already allocated ( Sima) to go on two CBs and a striker. No idea of who but any money spent on players will be ones we think we can trade later for more money.

The manager mentioned a few months back about the make up of the squad particularly related to Europe. He said we needed Scottish players and Academy players as part of first team squad. I would expect us to sign a couple of Scottish players , two or 3 of the B Team players to be promoted to first team. A few free transfers and any money that is not already allocated ( Sima) to go on two CBs and a striker. No idea of who but any money spent on players will be ones we think we can trade later for more money.
Was told we have enquired about Liam Kelly

Can't tell if there's been a massive swing to the other side after seeing the best player in the league outside Rangers or Celtic go to Italy and thrive while the club weren't interested in him or it's just a vocal minority that want us to start signing a bunch of Scottish jobbers.

We need to sign footballers because they are good or have potential, not because of their nationality. There's never more than a handful of players in this league at one time that would improve us and actually be worthy of game time and that pool shrinks if you limit it to just Scottish ones. The goal of the academy should be to bring through Scottish players, even if they ultimately end up being just squad depth.

Great - more links with average lightweight foreign players - watch us go spend another £10-15m on foreign players who come here and have no idea what they are stepping into, all on 4 year deals and give us one good performance every 4 games.

We need a strong spine in the team and one that’s filled with a core of Scottish talent.

Shankland for me is a no brainer - would walk to Ibrox, score goals for fun with the chances we create in this league.

Erahon, Barron, Cameron should be others brought in. Would also look at loaning Ramsay from Liverpool.

If you get your signings right it doesn't matter where they come from, our most expensive transfer fee ever received was for a guy we signed from Leicester reserves.

Listen to the manager, this summer has been getting planned out for the last 6 months.
It’s exactly what Koppen and Clement would have been working on non stop since January.

I honestly think some people reckon we are just plucking names from whatever agent comes our way with no real planning.

I’m very hopeful the board have learned a very painful and expensive lesson from last summer, that giving 1 inexperienced manager free reign to buy whoever he wanted possibly wasn’t the best idea.

Last edited:
There is a case for signing some Scottish players but any that are

1. Good enough
2. Value for money

Are few and far between. It's not like we could go out and sign many, if any, of the national team squad and we aren't in a position to be spending millions on players who won't be a regular to try and develop like Miller or Watson.
I think if we sold both Lammers and Dessers it might be worth going for Shankland given he has a year left on his contract.

Barron if he'll come would make perfect sense.

I like Miller and Watson, but I just don't think we can afford to spend millions on players not ready to be starters for us sadly.

Its pretty braindead lets be honest. You’d then see the opposite next summer if we targeted Scottish players this window & then failed again.

Just sign good football players please. Their nationality does not matter.

There is a bunch of Japanese players over the city who can’t even speak English and they stil regularly rip the lady's front bottom out of us.

I think if we sold both Lammers and Dessers it might be worth going for Shankland given he has a year left on his contract.

Barron if he'll come would make perfect sense.

I like Miller and Watson, but I just don't think we can afford to spend millions on players not ready to be starters for us sadly.
Would Shankland still be able to do what he does if he wasn't playing regularly? If Clement was to go for him, I couldn't see him being first choice striker for us. He looks like a player that needs to be playing most weeks to keep his fitness levels up.

I would much rather we brought in a number of well scouted young players that won’t be on big wages but can develop than pay big wages for average players from the championship .

It maybe also frees up money to bring in 2 or 3 quality players that will make a big difference such as the striker from Rapid through the spine of the team.

We are clearly going for a different approach this summer.

Last edited:
The problem we might face regarding signing promising current SPFL Scottish players could be a throwback to the Scott Allen saga that the beggars can easily outbid us simply to stop us getting a player.
Not just for next season but ongoing the club have to nail down a strategy for recruitment that has a philosophy that is in depth for our requirements and stable. We cannot be going through this turnaround every other season of throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. This is on the footballing area of the board to get right.

Its pretty braindead lets be honest. You’d then see the opposite next summer if we targeted Scottish players this window & then failed again.

Just sign good football players please. Their nationality does not matter.

There is a bunch of Japanese players over the city who can’t even speak English and they stil regularly rip the lady's front bottom out of us.
They've brought Asian players in and played them pretty much straight away. We sign players from Europe and for some reason are scared to put them in straight away.

If he's happy to come and be 3rd choice then that's fine. Can't be having back up keepers wasting one of the non homegrown spots in the European squad.

He's not good enough to even be no2 for us though.
We won’t sign a number 1 to be our 3rd choice. Absolute waste of a wage. Our 2nd choice played 1 cup game all season.

They've brought Asian players in and played them pretty much straight away. We sign players from Europe and for some reason are scared to put them in straight away.
Are we? Silva and Cortes played as soon as they could and Dio was mid pre-season so throwing him in straight away would be stupid.

Would Shankland still be able to do what he does if he wasn't playing regularly? If Clement was to go for him, I couldn't see him being first choice striker for us. He looks like a player that needs to be playing most weeks to keep his fitness levels up.
Honestly I don't know mate, that'll be for the experts to decide. I'd imagine there will be data available to help with decisions like that.

Cause the thing is if we had a settled team then signing the likes of Barron, Watson and Miller is a no brainer. Watson and Miller could cost the guys of 7/8/9 million. Can we really afford to spend that on a couple of players that might not be first team starters?

If we had to pick one of them to bring in then it’s Lennon Miller and it’s not really close imo. He has the potential to play at the highest level.
Good post .

Re Miller I think he has just one year left in contract and given he is just getting over the injuries he has had isn’t it best to leave him be and get a deal for Summer 2025 instead ?

I don't think that includes his time in Africa, only since he came to Europe so 198 in 6? or so years.

133 appearances in the last 4 years and 57 goals which includes 20 in europe.

Seems to be a decent player, not all of our signings can be kids.

I don't think that includes his time in Africa, only since he came to Europe so 198 in 6? or so years.

133 appearances in the last 4 years and 57 goals which includes 20 in europe.

Seems to be a decent player, not all of our signings can be kids.
If it doesn't included his appearances in Africa then the stats are good. I did wonder given the post you replied to said he'd played 54 times for Mali but only 198 club appearances which seems a very high ratio.

Back