Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Lennon Miller would be the equivalent of that right now, if we have the funds. All for that. buying a young player with potential who has strong attributes and we can develop & sell on.

Guys like Danny Armstrong are 26yo, zero resale value and painfully average.
A recent podcast on H&H suggested signing the likes of Miller and Watson and loaning them back for the season if they are not quite ready.
This is something I’ve been suggesting for years and cannot see any negative in this.
I’m not sure it’s nothing new either.
I think Liverpool did similar years ago with Ian Rush at Chester.
I’d go further too.
I’d max up the allowed loaning of players to other SPL teams, using guys like Lowry and McKinnon.
Just names here, not these guys in particular.

Last edited:
I don't think Utrecht have the money, from what I've read, but I'd like to think other teams in Holland will go for him.

Aye, I’d seen their chairman had been out saying we would need to be reasonable with any figure we asked for:))

I doubt they could afford the full wage we’re giving him never mind the fee we’d want.

Germany or Italy might be options for him too…hopefully.

Lennon Miller would be the equivalent of that right now, if we have the funds. All for that. buying a young player with potential who has strong attributes and we can develop & sell on.

Guys like Danny Armstrong are 26yo, zero resale value and painfully average.

Miller is good enough currently to get into our midfield without a doubt. Blows the likes of Raskin out the water.

A recent podcast on H&H suggested signing the likes of Miller and Watson and loaning them back for the season if they are not quite ready.
This is something I’ve been suggesting for years and cannot see any negative in this.
It’s nothing new either.
I’d go further too.
I’d max up the allowed loaning of players to other SPL teams, using guys like Lowry and McKinnon.
The negative is the cash they would cost up front for players we wouldn’t even see for a year.

It’s a great idea if we had plenty of cash, but I think given the amount of work needing done on the squad then it could be a stretch paying out £5mill (just a guess) on 2 players who aren’t playing isn’t a goer

I'm trying to enjoy the transfer thread but this is difficult when people are suggesting bringing Lammers back as our number 9.

He was awful on a level I've rarely seen. I couldn't care less how well he has done for Utrecht, other than how it might boost his value. He won't be here next season.

I’m not sure it’s nothing new either.
I’d go further too.
The main problem is we can’t afford £4-5m outlay if it’s not going straight into the team. Particularly this summer.

I just read about APOEL triggering Jefte’s release clause of £400k and that the player hasn’t signed yet despite the terms being put to him days ago.

Surely we tell his team that we’ll meet the clause and give the player a decision to make? APOEL’s big mouthed president is giving it laldy as if they’re the only team who can trigger the clause.

I just read about APOEL triggering Jefte’s release clause of £400k and that the player hasn’t signed yet despite the terms being put to him days ago.

Surely we tell his team that we’ll meet the clause and give the player a decision to make? APOEL’s big mouthed president is giving it laldy as if they’re the only team who can trigger the clause.

They are

Barron would be a good player for us.
The lure of playing abroad but will hold more weight for a Scottish non Rangers fan sadly.

Guess we see what the next few days bring as to his next club.

Barron would be a good player for us.
The lure of playing abroad but will hold more weight for a Scottish non Rangers fan sadly.

Guess we see what the next few days bring as to his next club.
I'm sure Barry Robson wasn't playing him whilst he was in charge this season due to not signing a new contract. Seems to have played pretty well since he started getting a regular game after Robson was sacked.

I'd like us to sign Connor Barron but I think he'll go abroad and potentially develop out of our price range.

I’ve a pal with a family member within the club that’s claimed that the offer is out to Barron but probably won’t hear anything until after the Euros at the earliest.

Also says there is a possibility of Max Johnston on loan from Sturm Graz.

Zero idea if there’s actually anything there but a bit of info from today to pass on at least.

I’ve a pal with a family member within the club that’s claimed that the offer is out to Barron but probably won’t hear anything until after the Euros at the earliest.

Zero idea if there’s actually anything there but a bit of info from today to pass on at least.
We are back for pre season during it and the manager wants any bosmans in door then.

Barron might get called up to the national squad is the talk, but if he’s got something lined up, it’ll be announced over the next week or so.

We are back for pre season during it and the manager wants any bosmans in door then.

Barron might get called up to the national squad is the talk, but if he’s got something lined up, it’ll be announced over the next week or so.

Whenever it gets announced, I still think he’ll choose a move to Italy if it’s an option.

What's the fascination with Scottish players? The scum brought in random Asians that we'd never heard of and have won 3 on the trot. Sign good players and we'll win trophies, it's as simple as that. Unfortunately I don't trust our board and those below them to do that.

What's the fascination with Scottish players? The scum brought in random Asians that we'd never heard of and have won 3 on the trot. Sign good players and we'll win trophies, it's as simple as that. Unfortunately I don't trust our board and those below them to do that.
They also won the league this season with greg Taylor and liam scales being mainstays.

Last season one of their best players was Mooy who knew the league at st mirren

the last couple of months proves that there's merit in signing players who know this league and won't allow for stupid dropped points at the likes of Ross county and Dundee

Looks like there’s still life left in the Jefte transfer yet, yes I know it’s the sun etc
Romano stated in January he agreed terms with us and the deal was agreed with Rangers and Fluminense.

Just that it had stalled to June as a result of APOEL not budging.

Max Johnston was on a free a year ago. Absolutely mental we didn't try for him.

Romano stated in January he agreed terms with us and the deal was agreed with Rangers and Fluminense.

Just that it had stalled to June as a result of APOEL not budging.
Yer he seem fairly keen on us, you don’t go missing for no reason after the January deal fell through

Back