Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Tbh Strider i’ve not seen much of Harry Souttar either but he has a higher pedigree than John imo . Played WCFs and played well too . Played in Premiership which is absolutely vastly superior to Scottish .

Probably the most import ant part is he is a giant of a guy and that is a massive ( oops ) aerial advantage in both boxes as they say these days .

On the major negative side he had a very serious injury and what is equally serious is his salary

He struggled in the Premiership, though.

And his World Cup performances were maybe only 2 of the 4 games where you would say he played well? I might be misremembering that.

I accept that pedigree should be a factor, but a good number of players with a much better playing history than John Souttar haven't done half as well as he has in a Rangers shirt.

He struggled in the Premiership, though.

And his World Cup performances were maybe only 2 of the 4 games where you would say he played well? I might be misremembering that.

I accept that pedigree should be a factor, but a good number of players with a much better playing history than John Souttar haven't done half as well as he has in a Rangers shirt.
To be clear I’m not arguing against JS I have been persuaded despite having doubts about his pace and aerial talents . For me Harry S also makes sense he would be a major attacking plus for us suddenly our corner kicks take on grave danger for most teams . My concerns are with the two expensive CDs we have on the books .

Last edited:
Why are there grown men fighting/making schnide remarks to eachother on a transfer thread on the internet man:D

This your first time?

It's 95% bitching

4.95% attention seeking made up itk pish

0.05% actual transfer news

And even when something does break there will be another thread about it

But it's like crack every fuckin window,you just keep coming back for more

I think there is potentially a bigger turnaround of players than just the ooc. Clement made a point when he came in that it was daft that those with 1 year left in their deals were not sold, instead we let them run down the clock. I would think there will be a few with 12-18months left on their deals that Phil will be trying to offload aswell.
Wright and Lawrence have a year left, cant think of any others.
From there its 2 years for a lot .
Its trying to shift the ones with 2 years and above .

I think there is potentially a bigger turnaround of players than just the ooc. Clement made a point when he came in that it was daft that those with 1 year left in their deals were not sold, instead we let them run down the clock. I would think there will be a few with 12-18months left on their deals that Phil will be trying to offload aswell.
Or getting them to sign new deals...

Why are we using him as a deeper player when we've seen the best of him earlier in the season as a scoring threat
He scored his goals from the deeper position. Cantwell or Lawrence were playing in the 10 on the days he scored his goals.

He's played almost every game for us as an 8 and we need more goals from that area.

This your first time?

It's 95% bitching

I hovered over the thread and thought should I or shouldn't I...and like a numpty here I am.:rolleyes:
I will never learn, ever

Was wondering abt goalkeeper replacements should JB leave how about Daniel Iversen of Leicester City could we get him he’s been out on loan this season .
A good option ?

Last edited:
A recent podcast on H&H suggested signing the likes of Miller and Watson and loaning them back for the season if they are not quite ready.
This is something I’ve been suggesting for years and cannot see any negative in this.
I’m not sure it’s nothing new either.
I think Liverpool did similar years ago with Ian Rush at Chester.
I’d go further too.
I’d max up the allowed loaning of players to other SPL teams, using guys like Lowry and McKinnon.
Just names here, not these guys in particular.
When a club sell a player on and if Loaned back that club could not give a flying feck in their eyes that player has gone

I hovered over the thread and thought should I or shouldn't I...and like a numpty here I am.:rolleyes:
I will never learn, ever

Mate, it’s just a thread on a football messageboard.

It’s not like you’re at a party and someone keeps tempting you with a line of Charlie even though you’ve been off it for months.

Reading the contents isn’t going to send you down a path of self-destruction and despair:))

This your first time?

It's 95% bitching

By an admin.

This your first time?

It's 95% bitching

Her indoors: “blue genes come quickly the house is on fire!”

Me: “Hang on a minute am on the transfer thread!”

I think policy after the initial clear-up ends will be a player must have been sold or renewed by the 18 month remaining mark. Transfer windows mean typically there's ~6 months before the next period to sell the player is available, so there's lots of dead time in between. Soon as you go below 18 months the player is going to be lured to hold of until they can negotiate their own contracts with their next club.

imo, naturally.

No idea who or whether even a player but clement was showing a lad with longish hair, Hispanic looking around the training group yesterday. His girlfriend and his agent.
Did you get a good look at his ears? Did he give off a “I’m here to score 25 league goals next season” vibe, or was he dressed in a more “im a box to box midfielder who will move on for millions” sort of fashion? Or was it Josh Magennis in a wig to throw us all of the scent?

Back