Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Yes he has and whether or not he's the right player for us is often debated. However, the goal he scored against us is the type of goal Dessers would never get for us. He showed decent pace to get to the ball and it was a lovely composed finish.

If we continue with Dessers we need more pace around him and create chances in the box for him. Shankland seems to score from a lot of different areas but it's the old debate of is he worth what Hearts want for him?

He'll not be as expensive as he was in January given he's only got 12 months left but the questions around him would still remain regardless. For me Dessers fits the system better than Shankland does because he does run the channels and he works his arse off for the team. He has big faults like not being able to hold the ball up, he goes down far top easily at times and then there's the issues with him being offside. For the fee we paid for him you would expect a bit more but given how poorly he started after missing pre-season on the whole he's done fine.

The stats show Shankland has outscored Dessers this season but both them average roughly around the same shots at goal per 90 minutes Dessers 4.1 Shankland 3.8. Dessers has the better percentage of getting shots on target but Shankland has the better conversation rate. Shankland has played almost 12 games more in minutes in the league than Dessers so that's maybe why Dessers are slightly higher than they should be.

Dessers league stats work out at 16 goals and 5 assists in 2128 minutes so that's just under 24 full games. Does Shankland do better than that? I'm not so sure.

If Dessers remains then I think we need to go get someone better than him and Shankland we don't need both.

He'll not be as expensive as he was in January given he's only got 12 months left but the questions around him would still remain regardless. For me Dessers fits the system better than Shankland does because he does run the channels and he works his arse off for the team. He has big faults like not being able to hold the ball up, he goes down far top easily at times and then there's the issues with him being offside. For the fee we paid for him you would expect a bit more but given how poorly he started after missing pre-season on the whole he's done fine.

The stats show Shankland has outscored Dessers this season but both them average roughly around the same shots at goal per 90 minutes Dessers 4.1 Shankland 3.8. Dessers has the better percentage of getting shots on target but Shankland has the better conversation rate. Shankland has played almost 12 games more in minutes in the league than Dessers so that's maybe why Dessers are slightly higher than they should be.

Dessers league stats work out at 16 goals and 5 assists in 2128 minutes so that's just under 24 full games. Does Shankland do better than that? I'm not so sure.

If Dessers remains then I think we need to go get someone better than him and Shankland we don't need both.
FFS. Comparing stats of a hearts player and a rangers player is pointless. You're all just saying the same thing over and over again about this.

FFS. Comparing stats of a hearts player and a rangers player is pointless. You're all just saying the same thing over and over again about this.

It's more that people on here think that cause he's scored 30 for Hearts he's going to come here win us the title and repeat the same feat with us. He simply won't given he won't play anywhere near the same amount of minutes he has at Hearts and we already have a striker in Dessers despite the ones he misses will score goals in the league we don't need both.

If we have the money available then try get someone who is better than both is my point.

Last edited:
It's more that people on here think that cause he's scored 30 for Hearts he's going to come here win us the title and repeat the same feat with us. He simply won't given he won't play anywhere near the same amount of minutes he has at Hearts and we already have a striker in Dessers despite the ones he misses will score goals in the league we don't need both.

If we have the money available then try someone who is better than both is my point.
He will also be up against banks of 5 in a way he will rarely ever have been at hearts.

I wonder if we're talking to the 2 Arsenal boys who are leaving, Ruell Walters and Michael Duberry's son. Right Back and right winger.

Both have huge potential and turned down new contracts there.

Might be more likely to move within the EPL though.

The goals stats are a little skewed in Shankland’s favour

How many of Shankland’s goal have been penalties and how many goals has he scored from open play?

All of Dessers goals were from open play - if Dessers was our penalty taker his goal tally would be significantly higher to the point he may have been in contention for the Golden boot:))

Arrived at the airport in the same clothes he had on Saturday.
Untitled-2.jpg

How many of Shankland’s goal have been penalties and how many goals has he scored from open play?

All of Dessers goals were from open play - if Dessers was our penalty taker his goal tally would be significantly higher to the point he may have been in contention for the Golden boot:))

Your confidence in dessers from the penalty spot is admirable.

Having both dessers and shankland does us no harm moving forward.

The stats show Shankland has outscored Dessers this season
People often forget to account for penalties. For non-pen league goals, Dessers is at a goal every 138 mins and Shankland every 160 minutes. Neither is a fantastic return, but Dessers’ return is better than we got from Morelos for years. And we know from history that signing for Rangers/Celtic doesn’t always result in scoring more due to other factors.

Your confidence in dessers from the penalty spot is admirable.

Having both dessers and shankland does us no harm moving forward.
Never said I had confidence only stating his goal tally could have been higher if he was our penalty taker - I would even factor in he misses the same amount of penalties as TAV :eek:

You have seen dessers shooting?

Shankland would have a much better record playing for us. Would b a decent player 2 have in squad if hearts don't want crazy money. Certainly not at the 5m being quoted in Jan
A squad player yeah but he's not ever going to be in front of dessers danilio and our next cf ...movement and workrate are 2 things non negotiable fir clement not convinced that's shankland

The highest fee received was 5m euros back in 2018.

They rejected Sparta Prague bid of 2.5m and claimed they wanted 8m, I personally can't see them getting much more than 5m if at all.
If rumours are true we're buying the centre back for £3m then i'd be surprised if we signed anyone for £5m without a sale.

Back