Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

What makes you think he would fit into clements structure and ethos ... I don't think he does as a squad/sub possibly... miovski I'd take not for thr cash sheep want though ... the lad at bucharest if its possible I'd definitely take... our midfield is absolutely honking needs serious investment in at least one player a number 6/dm that can control a game and pass forward... if we can get another box to box on a loan ir bowman great .. definitely 2 cb rb and possibly lb too
But why would we take a boy from Bucharest when almost absolutely no one knows anything about him other than via YouTube videos?

And what is Clements structure and ethos right now, because it’s very difficult to see what it is and to turn our nose up at a Scottish striker with a proven record in scoring against pretty much every club in the league, well that would be peak Rangers over the last few years.

Sure he’s getting older, but experience counts for a lot too, especially in his position. He’s a goal scorer and one that would prove invaluable to us, I’m sure of it.

Miovski would be a terrific player for us too, with his hold up play and scoring record also, and he’s still reasonably young too.

Not sure about the Bucharest chap because I don’t watch football from that area, and also how do we know he could actually be a good player here? Loads of players have came from Eastern Europe and been flops, this one could easily go down that road too while Shankland still bangs them in for hearts.

This snobbery is foolish, honestly. (Not aimed at you obviously)

I think we have to be ruthless and try to move on players to raise funds on top of the out of contract players.

Personally, I’d be trying to sell:
Lammers, Hagi, Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, Cifuentes, Dowell, Lawrence, Matondo & Raskin and try to generate as much as possible to support the manager.

I know you need a buying club but that’s why we have a director of football.

I wouldn't bank on Clement sticking with that.

He might, but I reckon he picked a system with what he had in this squad in mind rather than it being his absolute preference.
Thought that was his usual playing style,

He’s also had plenty of opportunities to change the formation and hasn’t.

Think Danilo deserves the chance to prove himself to Clement. He played under Beale who didn't have a clue.
Deserves a chance but I don't think he'll prove to be our saviour, the way many others seem to believe.

Looked fairly decent, but missed some very easy chances in run of the mill games. Is he our clinical next-level guy? I doubt it.

I think we have to be ruthless and try to move on players to raise funds on top of the out of contract players.

Personally, I’d be trying to sell:
Lammers, Hagi, Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, Cifuentes, Dowell, Lawrence, Matondo & Raskin and try to generate as much as possible to support the manager.

I know you need a buying club but that’s why we have a director of football.
As much as I agree in principle I think we need to accept everyone is up for sale at the right price as well.
12-15 million for Butland and he's gone.
Being honest 5 for an aging Tav from a Saudi team the same.
4 for Yilmaz?

Perversely, should the likes of Feyenoord get offered a lot of money for Gimenez, Lammers could potentially be our biggest sale this summer.

Which is nuts of course, and yet apparently a possibility.

Very highly thought of at his previous club.

But not enough to use him as anything other as a sub. Same goes for when he was at Ajax.

He's had one full season of regular first team starts in his career.

He's not a bad player and he'll chip in with a decent number of goals but he's not showed to enough suggest he's a first choice Rangers striker or worth what we paid for him.

Then you throw in the obligatory serious knee injury he's recovering from and the optimism dwindles further.

Dsport is basically the most credible football news site in Bulgaria, so if they are reporting on this, it is most likely true.

Really grateful to the lad, he has been professional, loyal, passionate and extremely good on the pitch. Compliments to Stanimir Stoilov, the best currently practicing Bulgarian manager for digging up this hidden gem and developing him into one of the best defenders in our league's recent history.

I hope he succeeds and I hope we get a percentage of his next transfer fee. I really think he is going places. And congrats to Rangers fans, you're getting a good player.
Quote from a Levski fan about Cordoba.

Last edited:
I see Popcorn Teeth has been appointed Rapid Bucharest manager, so there goes the chances of us signing that Striker they’ve got.

Whats Romanian for, “Anyone but Rangers?”
I'd say he probably cares more about himself than anything else, so would likely take the deal that gives him a budget to work with and more chance of being a success.

But not enough to use him as anything other as a sub. Same goes for when he was at Ajax.

He's had one full season of regular first team starts in his career.

He's not a bad player and he'll chip in with a decent number of goals but he's not showed to enough suggest he's a first choice Rangers striker or worth what we paid for him.

Then you throw in the obligatory serious knee injury he's recovering from and the optimism dwindles further.
It's the injury that worries me. Not wanting to be a backup to someone as good as Gimenez isn't a crime for me.

Definitely got a bit of something classy about him but whether he can recapture that is another matter.

Read this comment under the Reddit post

“Dsport is basically the most credible football news site in Bulgaria, so if they are reporting on this, it is most likely true.

Really grateful to the lad, he has been professional, loyal, passionate and extremely good on the pitch. Compliments to Stanimir Stoilov, the best currently practicing Bulgarian manager for digging up this hidden gem and developing him into one of the best defenders in our league's recent history.

I hope he succeeds and I hope we get a percentage of his next transfer fee. I really think he is going places. And congrats to Rangers fans, you're getting a good player.”

Not sure you'll find a striker who doesn't miss sitters, in fairness.

Have you seen a striker (particularly one who cost the guts of £6 million) miss as many clear open goals in such a short period of time?

I haven’t (Dessers and Lammers excepted).

I’m not at all saying he’s useless, but anybody who doesn’t have real concerns over him being a main contributor here hasn’t been paying attention.

Have you seen a striker (particularly one who cost the guts of £6 million) miss as many clear open goals in such a short period of time?

I haven’t (Dessers and Lammers excepted).

I’m not at all saying he’s useless, but anybody who doesn’t have real concerns over him being a main contributor here hasn’t been paying attention.

You should watch Liverpool. And that's a player multiple times more expensive than Danilo.

I see Popcorn Teeth has been appointed Rapid Bucharest manager, so there goes the chances of us signing that Striker they’ve got.

Whats Romanian for, “Anyone but Rangers?”

The guy who first posted about Rrahmani said the deal is already too far along for him to stop it.

Albion Rrahmani is a name that will break in a few weeks. There is an interesting managerial twist that will delay things but by all accounts it's already along the road for that to scupper anything.

Back