Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Agree.

Maybe if we're getting Dessers out for 3-4m it may be feasible ?

No one will take Danilo until he re proves his fitness.
Maybe mate. But if we were to sell Dessers to fund half the fee of a 7m euro striker, we'd then need another striker as well. I think we might keep Dessers and Danilo and add one more. But who knows. Dessers is certainly handy but I think we are all in agreement that he can't be leading the line. But him with Boadu (or whoever) and Danilo might be enough? Well that all sounds good until the new striker gets injured so feck knows:)) some job Clement and co have on their hands this summer.

I am all for the Clement revolution and I believe in him as our manager*, let me say that outright.

However, I am slightly concerned that there are scant few examples/precedents for an entirely new squad to gel together and deliver instant success. If it is possible, I think a commanding leader of men on the pitch, a true captain, will be absolutely mission critical for any success.
You have to hope that majority of fans will actually give Clement time, as long as they see what we are trying to do, how we are trying to do it.

Anyone genuinely thinking a clear out and a squad built in one window will automatically mean success needs their head checked. We all want to see improvement in performances, a team that plays quicker and doesn’t looked scared of playing that lot and scared of any pressure. That could take a few windows to perfect, but as long as the building blocks are there and we see the change, I hope most people will give the manager time

Maybe mate. But if we were to sell Dessers to fund half the fee of a 7m euro striker, we'd then need another striker as well. I think we might keep Dessers and Danilo and add one more. But who knows. Dessers is certainly handy but I think we are all in agreement that he can't be leading the line. But him with Boadu (or whoever) and Danilo might be enough? Well that all sounds good until the new striker gets injured so feck knows:)) some job Clement and co have on their hands this summer.

No doubt, we cant go with less than three strikers.

Big job as you say, but hopefully he sees it as a big opportunity, because no one is happy with the status quo.

Re Boadu. Twente look like they want lammers to replace him. And Feyenoord were said to want him to replace Danilo last summer. Monaco were said to want about 14 million off Feyenoord for Boadu and they pulled out. This was a year ago but he still might be expensive. Loan to buy maybe? @LaRabbie
Gives me the absolute fear that we sell Lammers to Twente then draw them in the Champions League qualifiers. You know the rest :D

months of

X, Y & Z aren't good enough
A, B and C need to go
and quite a lot of all but Butland and Sterling can go:

idea floated of 12 new players

ooooooh that might be a bit much
I’m not surprised to see that reaction to be honest.

We’re all desperate for success and there’s obviously this fear amongst everyone that getting too many players in will take time to settle.

The reality however and I’m sure you’re in agreement is keeping failures for fear of the replacements being failures is dumb. I’d much rather take the risk of trying to improve than sticking with the same dross we have just because it might not work.

No doubt, we cant go with less than three strikers.

Big job as you say, but hopefully he sees it as a big opportunity, because no one is happy with the status quo.
We’ve been going with 3 strikers since we had Morelos, Roofe, Defoe and Itten. I know we only play one in our formation but all we need is one injury and we’re in trouble as we’ve seen. I’d like to go back to having 4.

Danilo has similar goals per min as Dessers (Dessers slightly better), considering Danilo played mostly when our team were underperforming then I'd expect his goals per min to improve next season - He'd be above Dessers in the pecking order and a good asset, we do still need another striker though. Boadu at first glance seems to be an exciting prospect and I'd be happy with our striking options

We’ve been going with 3 strikers since we had Morelos, Roofe, Defoe and Itten. I know we only play one in our formation but all we need is one injury and we’re in trouble as we’ve seen. I’d like to go back to having 4.

It's just the affordability issue, when we're ripping up the whole squad Derek.

That's the big constraint.

We're hoping for a whole new defence too.

An option may of course be Sima returning ? He can play centrally too. He's not going to be cheap either.

It's just the affordability issue, when we're ripping up the whole squad Derek.

That's the big constraint.

We're hoping for a whole new defence too.

An option may of course be Sima returning ? He can play centrally too. He's not going to be cheap either.
If we could get Sima, he’s so effective across the front line that I’d agree we’d be able to go with 3 plus him. Scale of the rebuild is massive - it’s a minimum 12 I think.

Not in the know at all troops, but just do a bit of IT work for some clubs through a relationship my firm has with Statsbomb. Have posted before about it. Maatsen specifically last August well before Gio confirmed the club had been looking at him. Anyway Myron Boadu, striker. From what I can see there's a solid chance hes in at Rangers pretty early in the window.

Class info mate.

Have you heard anything about the boy Sulc? Seems to be a goer someone said earlier in the thread we've now been mentioned two seasons in a row with him

Not in the know at all troops, but just do a bit of IT work for some clubs through a relationship my firm has with Statsbomb. Have posted before about it. Maatsen specifically last August well before Gio confirmed the club had been looking at him. Anyway Myron Boadu, striker. From what I can see there's a solid chance hes in at Rangers pretty early in the window.
Born in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Boadu is of Ghanaian descent.[2] He joined the AZ academy in 2013. In 2018 he made his competitive debut for the club in an Eredivisie match against PEC Zwolle.

After struggling with long-term injuries, Boadu established himself as a regular in the AZ starting eleven during the 2019–20 season. He joined Monaco in 2021.

the-smile-man-willen-dafoe-creepy.gif

Like you said mate, budget constraints will be an issue.

A couple of loans added to the Cortes deal deferring payments not starting until January would help with that.

What's the maximum loans we can make?

Had 4 this season so I'm assume it's around that figure. 4 good loans signings will massively help with funds

Boadu could be an interesting link.

That said, he looks like another once promising young player who has lost form and needs fixed. I was hoping we'd be done with those kinds of signings.

Born in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Boadu is of Ghanaian descent.[2] He joined the AZ academy in 2013. In 2018 he made his competitive debut for the club in an Eredivisie match against PEC Zwolle.

After struggling with long-term injuries, Boadu established himself as a regular in the AZ starting eleven during the 2019–20 season. He joined Monaco in 2021.

the-smile-man-willen-dafoe-creepy.gif
Before I even saw this post I looked up his injury history and yep, it’s a pretty long list. So the rumour is probably true.

Personally I’d be wary of a lot of rumours on this thread so far.

Also, this happens every summer. A loose rumour and people think it’s fact and go mental when it doesn’t happen. Who was the striker last year again? The boy from Serbia or similar? Absolutely no truth in it whatsoever but everyone on here thought it was happening.

Personally I’d be wary of a lot of rumours on this thread so far.

Also, this happens every summer. A loose rumour and people think it’s fact and go mental when it doesn’t happen. Who was the striker last year again? The boy from Serbia or similar? Absolutely no truth in it whatsoever but everyone on here thought it was happening.

Krstovic ?

Back